Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about NPC Fleet composition.  (Read 1721 times)

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Question about NPC Fleet composition.
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »

Playing a bit of SS+ with the bounty+trade-winds mod on, and ended up getting the 2flightdeck Cruiser-carrier (The Heron) as my start off ship. Still have it and im up to 8wings of Broadswords, 3wings of thunders, 6 wings of Piranha bombers, and a few frigates/gunboats. Also i keep trying to get another  Heron, but i don't think any other, besides the one you are given, exist.

My question is, does the game look at your fleets composition, and build its own fleets around yours? Because I just ran across a fleet of hegemony ships that's 2/3rds strike craft (12talons, 9piranhas, 3claymores, 2broadswords and Halberds) Along with most pirate fleets being carrier fleets. Just wondering if that's the AI looking at how successful the players fleet is and attempting to copy it/contest it if need be. Or is it just the natural progression of the game, because to be honest, normally by this point I've cheat horribly, get into a few battles, then try a different mod setup. This time I'm actually playing like a normal person.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about NPC Fleet composition.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:45:53 AM »

They still follow the fleet composition they have had since like, 0.5? they have a certain number of ships of different classes in a list, then it picks from these ships at random and builds a fleet out of it until they reach the specified DP of that fleet.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: Question about NPC Fleet composition.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:25:48 PM »

SS+ uses its own fleet spawning methods, not the vanilla one.

Herons definitely do exist in the world, by the way.  I'd look at Askonia to find them.