Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Starfarer Manual  (Read 44363 times)

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Starfarer Manual
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »

February, I don't know anymore on the accuracy of that month though ;D
Let's have a bet to see when just out of curiosity of who is close. Whatever day you say you get the day before and after it too.
E.g. If you say the 3rd of Feb, you get 2nd and 4th of Feb too say you basically get a 3 day window

I choose 9th :D

I bet the 17th (aware thats a friday but if its planed for the 17th it might run a bit late and be released on the saturday (well very late friday...  :o)

Mine's on a friday too O.o didn't even know xD
Zarcon is the only one who's isn't on a friday atm :P
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.

Sinloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »

I just hope it gets released before my school starts again :D Which will be 20th, if 17th is Friday. Sooo, I hope it'll be before that :D I'm gonna bet... 15th!

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »

I just hope it gets released before my school starts again :D Which will be 20th, if 17th is Friday. Sooo, I hope it'll be before that :D I'm gonna bet... 15th!

Hmm, very wise choice.   :D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:36 AM »

Time for an update to the manual! Just "bump"-ing this so it gets noticed!
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Sinloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 11:31:26 PM »

Alex, please help! Campaign is leaving me a bit confused :D Do I need to keep Supplies, or Fuel for my Fleet to fly? It's not disappearing while I'm flying around, so it it just a dead weight? :D Give us teh new manual soon, pretty please.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »

Supplies for repairs. Fuel is useless right now - it's just for interstellar travel, of which there isn't any :)

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »

Wait. Supplies aren't for rearming weapon systems?

...Huh...

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

FalenAnjel2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »

Well it could explain how to split your shipments to buy and trade, I don't know if you can or not but if we can let's say I haven't found a way yet. I would like to know if we can mod our engines to go faster or something of sorts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:27:44 PM by FalenAnjel2 »
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
- Unknown

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
- Unknown

FalenAnjel2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »

Wait. Supplies aren't for rearming weapon systems?

...Huh...

Nope, it's in the label/ description. Your "supplies" aren't even for that just fyi, it seems to just auto reload/  restock every engagement.
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.
- Unknown

Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
- Unknown

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

That's confusing, because I thought supply logistics was supposed to be one of the drawbacks of ballistic and missile weapons..... Guess not.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if you had to buy stocks of specific types of rounds ala EV Nova. Being able to spam missiles and torpedoes every fight is a little lame.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

MoliskScout

• Ensign
  • Sweat Me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:12 AM »

Fresh eye reading trough found typo.

Quote from: 4th page
Overload
If the flux level is maxed out due to damage taken by shields, the ship systems will be overloaded.
While overloaded, the ship can't fire or use shields, and dissipates flux very slowly. Overload lasts
a lot longer if it was caused by a big hit (for example, overload caused by absorbing a torpedo will
last a for long time
).
(At least I 'hope' it is. Im not native english speaker.)

Will edit this post If I find more, but have to put it up before I forget.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:04:29 AM by MoliskScout »
/\/ Under Construction /\/

SurplusDOS

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »

That's confusing, because I thought supply logistics was supposed to be one of the drawbacks of ballistic and missile weapons..... Guess not.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if you had to buy stocks of specific types of rounds ala EV Nova. Being able to spam missiles and torpedoes every fight is a little lame.
Wouldn't that make energy weapons overpowered though? Unless you have to spend more to maintain the flux vents or laser generator thing  :-\? On another note The crew should consume some supply. It states that the crew's food is there too. Another obstacle to maintaining huge fleets  ;D

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »

I'm of the opinion that energy weapons are already kind of overpowered, and that ballistics need to be buffed. But that's an issue of balance, this is an issue of mechanics. Punch the range out for guns a little bit more, add a few bonus missile types, and dial back energy damage, and I'm sure you could find a place where hte logistics for ammo balances with its firepower.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 10:41:21 AM »

I honestly just think we need a few more long distance ballistics. Everything here is fine, it's just the danger of getting sniped without ANY hope of retribution that is lame.

Maybe a hull mod to reduce energy damage? That would at least help you get close enough to let your hellbores rip.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

bubbalubber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2012, 06:04:19 AM »

i couldnt find a bit in the tutorial about what higher crew levels actually do. did i miss it or does it need adding
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4