Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Version Checker v2.0b (released 2020-08-28)  (Read 367301 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Version Checker v1.1 (released 2014-08-28)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »

Just posting here to watch the thread.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Version Checker v1.1b (released 2014-08-31)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »

Version 1.1b is up, get it here (mirror).

This fixes a serialization crash when you save the game before the update check is finished (including the automatic save when starting a new campaign).

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »

So.. how do you fix the..Uhh. Premium Dropbox issue? :P

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »

Right, thanks for reminding me.

It turns out Dropbox no longer gives you a Public folder unless you pay for a Pro account (old users still keep theirs, which is why I didn't know about this change). So a site like Bitbucket is probably a modder's best bet for hosting their .version file right now if they don't already have a Dropbox with a Public folder.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »

Bitbucket is nice, it also has the bonus of telling you how many times the game is started with your mod / version checker enabled hehe.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:01:55 PM by MesoTroniK »

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 03:14:29 PM »

Right, thanks for reminding me.

It turns out Dropbox no longer gives you a Public folder unless you pay for a Pro account (old users still keep theirs, which is why I didn't know about this change). So a site like Bitbucket is probably a modder's best bet for hosting their .version file right now if they don't already have a Dropbox with a Public folder.
Or github - either works.
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »

A heads up for modders that support this:

I'm tweaking the .version file format slightly in the next release. Specifically, I'm removing the unused "starsectorVersion" and adding a "modThreadId" field. This will be used to launch directly from Starsector to your mod's update thread.

The value you'd enter for this field is the number at the end of the forum thread URL, up until the period. For example, this thread's URL is fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8181.0, so its thread ID would be 8181.

Both fields (removed and added) are optional. You don't have to make any changes to your .version file if you don't want to, this is just an added feature to make things more convenient for users.

Here's an example .version file using the new field:
Code
{
    # Points toward the online master .version file. This mod works by comparing
    # the local and online version to see if there is a newer version available.
    #
    # The master file must be:
    # - Online (duh)
    # - Directly reachable (the URL goes to the raw file, not a redirect page)
    # - Permanently linked and editable without the URL itself changing
    #
    # Bitbucket, GitHub, and other online repositories make excellent hosts.
    # If you have a Dropbox account that's a few years old, that will also work.
    # Just make sure it is in your Public folder and that you get the URL by
    # right-clicking and selecting "Copy public link". Free Dropbox accounts
    # created after October 2012 will not have a Public folder, unfortunately.
    #
    # Example links for common hosts:
    #"masterVersionFile":"https://bitbucket.org/LazyWizard/version-checker/raw/tip/versionchecker.version",
    #"masterVersionFile":"https://bitbucket.org/LazyWizard/version-checker/downloads/versionchecker.version",
    #"masterVersionFile":"https://github.com/LazyWizard/VersionChecker/blob/master/versionchecker.version",
    #"masterVersionFile":"https://github.com/LazyWizard/VersionChecker/releases/download/0.1/versionchecker.version",
    "masterVersionFile":"https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32722116/Version%20Files/versionchecker.version",
    "modName":"Version Checker",
    # The ID of the thread where updates to this mod can be found (optional).
    # This is used to launch directly to the forum thread from in the game.
    # The ID is the set of digits at the end of the forum thread URL before the dot.
    # For example: fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8181.0 has an ID of 8181
    "modThreadId":8181,
    # The current patch number
    # Notation is major.minor.patch, trailing zeros are ignored
    # This means version 2.1.0 shows up as v2.1, version 4.0.0 as v4, etc
    # If you use major.minor notation you can just leave patch as 0
    "modVersion":
    {
        "major":1,
        "minor":2,
        "patch":0 # Can also be a character or string (a, b, "-RC2", etc)
    }
}

And here's a rough WIP of how it looks in-game:
Spoiler

[close]

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65a] Version Checker v1.2 (released 2014-10-21)
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 06:56:40 PM »

1.2 is up, get it here (mirror).

Installation Instructions (READ ME!):
Spoiler
  • 1.) Install this in your mod folder the same as any other mod
  • 2.) Edit your launch parameters (these would be in the same file you'd edit to increase the memory available to Starsector). This process depends on what operating system you use:
    Windows
    Spoiler
    If you're launching with starsector.exe you'll be editing vmparams in the main installation folder; otherwise you'll be editing starsector-core/starsector.bat. Make a backup first!

Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the semicolon and quotes, and with no space before it): ;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: vmparams
    -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Linux
    Spoiler
    For Linux I believe you would need to edit starsector.sh in the main installation folder (make a backup first) and add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" - any confirmation on this would be great.
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector.sh
    ./jre_linux/bin/java -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.2.jar:"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Mac
    Spoiler
    For Mac you will need to edit Starfarer.app/Contents/MacOS/starsector_mac.sh (make a backup first). Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector_mac.sh
    Spoiler
    #!/bin/bash

DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "$BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
    echo $DIR  > /tmp/out.txt

cd "$DIR"
    cd "../Resources/Java"

export JAVA_HOME=../../Home
    "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \
        -Xdock:name="Starsector" \
        -Xdock:icon=../../Resources/s_icon128.icns \
        -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dcom.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dapple.awt.showGrowBox=false \
        -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 \
        ${EXTRAARGS} \
       -server \
       -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 \
       -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt \
       -Djava.library.path=../../Resources/Java/native/macosx \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../../../saves \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../../../screenshots \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../../../mods \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=../../../logs \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.osx=true \
        -Xms512m \
        -Xmx512m \
       -cp ../../Resources/Java/AppleJavaExtensions.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler-jdk.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.common_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.sound_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/janino.jar:../../Resources/Java/jinput.jar:../../Resources/Java/jogg-0.0.7.jar:../../Resources/Java/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:../../Resources/Java/json.jar:../../Resources/Java/log4j-1.2.9.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl_util.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer.api.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/xstream-1.4.2.jar:"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" \
        com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher \
        "$@" \
        2>&1

exit 0
    [close]
    [close]
You will have to redo step 2 after every Starsector update. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this step is required due to how the mod functions. :(
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

The big change is a new dialog you can summon for detailed information on available updates. This dialog also allows you to launch directly to that mod's forum thread from within the game, if the mod author supports it.

Mod authors: check the previous post in this thread for instructions on adding your mod thread to your .version file.

Changelog:
Version 1.2 (October 21, 2014)
================================
Can summon a dialog in campaign to display update information (default key: V)
You can launch directly to a mod's forum thread from within this dialog
Update check uses a thread pool (much faster when checking many mods)
Added "maxUpdateThreads" option to version_checker.json
Added optional "modThreadId" field to .version file format
Removed unused "starsectorVersion" field from .version file format
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:37:16 PM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Version Checker v1.2b (released 2014-11-30)
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »

1.2b is up, get it here (mirror)

This update simplifies the update info screen, removing an extra two clicks per mod:
Spoiler

[close]

If this is the first time you're using this mod, you'll need to do the following to get it to function correctly (only has to be done once every SS update, not every VC update):
Spoiler
  • 1.) Install this in your mod folder the same as any other mod
  • 2.) Edit your launch parameters (these would be in the same file you'd edit to increase the memory available to Starsector). This process depends on what operating system you use:
    Windows
    Spoiler
    If you're launching with starsector.exe you'll be editing vmparams in the main installation folder; otherwise you'll be editing starsector-core/starsector.bat. Make a backup first!

Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the semicolon and quotes, and with no space before it): ;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: vmparams
    -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar;"..\\mods\Version Checker\jars\lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Linux
    Spoiler
    For Linux I believe you would need to edit starsector.sh in the main installation folder (make a backup first) and add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" - any confirmation on this would be great.
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector.sh
    ./jre_linux/bin/java -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -Xms512m -Xmx512m -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.2.jar:"./mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
    [close]

Mac
    Spoiler
    For Mac you will need to edit Starfarer.app/Contents/MacOS/starsector_mac.sh (make a backup first). Add the following after xstream-1.4.2.jar (including the colon and quotes, and with no space before it): :"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar"
    Example:
    Quote from: starsector_mac.sh
    Spoiler
    #!/bin/bash

DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "$BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" && pwd )"
    echo $DIR  > /tmp/out.txt

cd "$DIR"
    cd "../Resources/Java"

export JAVA_HOME=../../Home
    "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \
        -Xdock:name="Starsector" \
        -Xdock:icon=../../Resources/s_icon128.icns \
        -Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dcom.apple.macos.useScreenMenuBar=false \
        -Dapple.awt.showGrowBox=false \
        -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 \
        ${EXTRAARGS} \
       -server \
       -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 \
       -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt \
       -Djava.library.path=../../Resources/Java/native/macosx \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../../../saves \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../../../screenshots \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../../../mods \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=../../../logs \
       -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.osx=true \
        -Xms512m \
        -Xmx512m \
       -cp ../../Resources/Java/AppleJavaExtensions.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler-jdk.jar:../../Resources/Java/commons-compiler.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.common_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/fs.sound_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/janino.jar:../../Resources/Java/jinput.jar:../../Resources/Java/jogg-0.0.7.jar:../../Resources/Java/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:../../Resources/Java/json.jar:../../Resources/Java/log4j-1.2.9.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl.jar:../../Resources/Java/lwjgl_util.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer.api.jar:../../Resources/Java/starfarer_obf.jar:../../Resources/Java/xstream-1.4.2.jar:"../../../mods/Version Checker/jars/lw_VersionChecker.jar" \
        com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher \
        "$@" \
        2>&1

exit 0
    [close]
    [close]
You will have to redo step 2 after every Starsector update. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this step is required due to how the mod functions. :(
[close]

Changelog:
Version 1.2b (November 30, 2014)
==================================
Can launch directly to a forum thread from the mod list (removes an extra step)
Fixed a typo when listing mods that failed their update check
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:32:24 PM by LazyWizard »

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:54 PM »

I get a message from the computer it self that I need administrator permission to complete the change. Then it suggests me to save in a different place. After I save in Documents, it gets saved as an .txt file not just a "file" file like vmparams is normally is. So I tried going back to the original and go to properties to change the settings to allow modifications, but the same thing still happens. How do I make it so I have full control, become a administrator, for my own computer =_= seems kind of stupid but I need help. THANKS!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2014, 11:58:34 PM »

I would recommend just creating a copy of the file in another location (like your desktop), editing it there and then pasting it back into your SS folder :)

Make sure you keep a backup!

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 12:01:41 AM »

I would recommend just creating a copy of the file in another location (like your desktop), editing it there and then pasting it back into your SS folder :)

Make sure you keep a backup!

WOOOW such a smart solution! I just tried it. Thanks so much for the quick reply!! I also just noticed something. I probably couldn't change it because I had Starsector.exe running.....LOL ;D

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:11 AM »

The game is crashing at start with version checker 1.2b

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »

It is not possible to assist you without more details, like a copy paste of the pertinent part of the log file.

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [org.lazywizard.versionchecker.VCModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lazywizard.versionchecker.VCModPlugin
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:165)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more

My mods :

Citadel 0.7.4b
Console Commands 2.1.1
Interstellar Imperium 1.6
Lazylib 2.0b
Mayorate 0.8.1
Shaderlib v1.01
Shadow_ships 0.5.2.2
Starsector+ 2.3+
Templars 0.9.3e
Version Checker 1.2b