Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Scion Collective (0.7.2a) V0.8.3 (WIP)  (Read 36449 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: Scion Collective (0.7.2a) V0.8.3 (WIP)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »

Ok, so, I tested your ships and also fought against them and...

Well, for one, when I tested the Irithia-Class Combat Carrier (Exigency Capital, the only one for now, which I gave a reinforced hull and armor), I put the Arbiter-Class Artillery Destroyer in and...

It one shot my Irithia (which had over 19200 hull, that's quite a decent amount). Furthermore, most of your weapons, being superheavy on damage, also cost about 0 ordnance points (i'm not sure if this was a mistake or was intended).

Also, your ships (your capital in particular) can travel with over 10 burn, which is unusual. If intended, that's pretty fine, despite it being a capital.

On another note, your weapons usually may have a high reload time as well. If you're going to decrease the damage, decrease the time it takes for the weapons to reload as well, and give them some ordnance points in balance of their capabilities (if you're still working on the mod, or have the time, that is...)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:29 AM »

Ok, so, I tested your ships and also fought against them and...

Well, for one, when I tested the Irithia-Class Combat Carrier (Exigency Capital, the only one for now, which I gave a reinforced hull and armor), I put the Arbiter-Class Artillery Destroyer in and...

It one shot my Irithia (which had over 19200 hull, that's quite a decent amount). Furthermore, most of your weapons, being superheavy on damage, also cost about 0 ordnance points (i'm not sure if this was a mistake or was intended).

Also, your ships (your capital in particular) can travel with over 10 burn, which is unusual. If intended, that's pretty fine, despite it being a capital.

On another note, your weapons usually may have a high reload time as well. If you're going to decrease the damage, decrease the time it takes for the weapons to reload as well, and give them some ordnance points in balance of their capabilities (if you're still working on the mod, or have the time, that is...)

This... is in no way ok.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 01:42:15 AM »

No, it's not. Obviously I need to do balancing, which is why I need feedback.

Speaking of which, thanks, I can nerf that now.

Weapons that have 0 ordinance points are probably built in weapons that snuck through my development net or never got fleshed out in my second wave of development. Every weapon, even the built in ones should have O.P. I'll have a look through the files tonight and post an edited set. The burn level of the ships is meant to be high, compensated by an abnormally high fleet cost for most ships, furthermore the weapons are meant to be hard hitting and slow loading, high alpha, accuracy and range, but very poor sustain. They back this up with strong shields and anti missile pd. The best way to deal with scion ships is to flood them with frigates. They fight poorly against swarm but excell against capitals and cruisers. most ships can outfight any one ship their size or one size higher, but put any two ships against them and they tend to fail.

At least, that's the goal, a small fleet of potent 1v1 fighters with a hit and run mentality, get in, wipe out key targets and then run a fighting retreat before speed burning away with loot. High tech pirates basically. Obviously I have a lot of balancing work to get them there

again, why I need community help.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:47:38 AM by Lucian Greymark »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 02:38:51 AM »

Emphasizing the literally medical need modders have for feedback.

* Still waiting for someone to tell me something is unbalanced in The Silent Armada mod so I can bloody well fix it...  :'(

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 03:43:42 AM »

Emphasizing the literally medical need modders have for feedback.

* Still waiting for someone to tell me something is unbalanced in The Silent Armada mod so I can bloody well fix it...  :'(
The issue here though is that he asks for help but doesn't follow the advice that is given
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »

Speaking of which, thanks, I can nerf that now.

Weapons that have 0 ordinance points are probably built in weapons that snuck through my development net or never got fleshed out in my second wave of development. Every weapon, even the built in ones should have O.P. I'll have a look through the files tonight and post an edited set. The burn level of the ships is meant to be high, compensated by an abnormally high fleet cost for most ships, furthermore the weapons are meant to be hard hitting and slow loading, high alpha, accuracy and range, but very poor sustain. They back this up with strong shields and anti missile pd. The best way to deal with scion ships is to flood them with frigates. They fight poorly against swarm but excell against capitals and cruisers. most ships can outfight any one ship their size or one size higher, but put any two ships against them and they tend to fail.

At least, that's the goal, a small fleet of potent 1v1 fighters with a hit and run mentality, get in, wipe out key targets and then run a fighting retreat before speed burning away with loot. High tech pirates basically. Obviously I have a lot of balancing work to get them there

Oh I see, this is pretty interesting to know.

Well, you've got some feedback now at least, so we can see the result sometime soon, take time if need be.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2017, 07:24:58 AM »

Nexralin compatibility soon?
May the fry be with you.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2017, 08:26:44 AM »

The issue here though is that he asks for help but doesn't follow the advice that is given

To which advice are you referring? That my ships do too much damage? I am reducing that, that they have fast burn? Didn't seem to be a complaint, and offset by an extraordinarily high fleet cost. If it turns out later that such high burns are uncompromisingly ove3rpowered then I'll drop them. Finally advice was given to reduce the damage of the weapons (again) reduce their cooldowns, and... give them ordinance points. The first two points bring them back towards vanilla values (at which point you might as well just use vanilla weapons and if so why are you in the modding section) to the third point, it was an oversight in the editing process that I'm fixing.

So I am following advice that it makes sense to follow given the direction of my mod. If however you're talking about earlier advice regarding my spriting style, rest assured that I have almost no time to do any spriting at all all right now, so you're unlikely to have to deal with any of my awful efforts any longer.

As for nexerelin support? Honestly I'd need someone else to do it for me. I've tried several times but something isn't jiving and I don't know where that is, I'm not a coder by trade.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2017, 08:53:48 AM »

Ah ok
May the fry be with you.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »

What's the status, Lucian?

Are there a few problems in updating to 8.1 or are you taking a break (Hard stuff but we gotta know what's going on in Grayskull)

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »

Honestly I've been stalled. I didn't realize there was a huge amount of interest for the mod and I've not been playing starsector lately so it's not been on my mind. Honestly I doubt there would be many issues updating to 8.1, it'd make the mod better honestly because I could hide their system miles away from the core worlds. I just haven't seen the need or been overly interested in doing so. If there's interest for updates I'll make an effort to do so

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2017, 05:30:33 PM »

Alright, thanks for the information mate.

No rush on this spectrum or juncture, take your time if you need to, and if you need to, ask for help in balancing them out. I'll be glad to help.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]