Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Scion Collective (0.7.2a) V0.8.3 (WIP)  (Read 36447 times)

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scion Collective (0.6.2a) V0.6 (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 05:20:33 AM »

Ah, new mod here, great! Will write feedback when I try it out.
As for sprites, I would suggest adding more aggressive lighting, because current ships look very flat. You've got shadows, but not enough highlights, especially noticeable on the capital. Also on several ships there are big zones without details, only the pattern, which looks a bit artificial.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 05:48:59 AM »

I'm aware my spriting needs work; I'm only the most novice of pixel artists. I practise and practise but I don't think I have the mindset/patience for cell shading. //shrug, they're fit for purpose and they aren't ms paint sprites >.>

Thanks for the feedback tho

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2015, 05:52:43 AM »

might want to update thread title

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2015, 05:56:06 AM »

What's missing?

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2015, 06:13:22 AM »

I suppose mod is now for 0.65.2a? Title implies 0.6.2a

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 06:20:13 AM »

Oops, never quite sure what edition of SS we're up to lol. Changing now

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scion Collective (0.65.2a) V0.7 (WIP)
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2015, 03:39:05 PM »

Sorry for the double post but it can't be helped. Apparently the link is broken as all hell and, as that was my only copy of the mod after my computer had to be repaired I officially have to start from scratch. And will be doing so with a fresh mod, this is obsolete and broken.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scion Collective (0.65.2a) V0.7 (WIP)
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2016, 08:54:54 PM »

Update!

V0.8 development has reached a point where there's enough content to show you all. No download link as yet (reasons in OP), go have a look :D

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Scion Collective (0.7.2a) V0.8.1 (WIP)
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »

Download link has arrived!

You can download V0.8.1 Here or on the OP. Remember that the mod requires Lazywizard's LazyLib to function.

Why a download now and not earlier? I added a capital (finally) which honestly was something I really wanted to include before any kind of public release, but moreover there's a bunch of new weapons so you actually have faction specific load out options.

What do I need from you guys? Feedback, lots and lots of balance feedback. I've pottered around with it for a while but honestly I'm not a good balance editor and I need others' help getting it to a good state. Ships and weapons are free and the player (should) start with good relations with the faction for easy access. I really do recommend you use LazyWizard's console to test everything out if you're interested. Over the next few days I'll make an effort to get a version of the mod up with ships/weapons having a cost and the faction being it's usual hostile self so that interested players can experience the mod as it was intended to be.

Have fun, and for those who do help with balance I'll thank you now in advance in case I forget later.

LGreymark

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:42 PM »

Well, unfortunately I don't have any information/feedback to share, due to not playing Starsector for quite a while, but I will ask...

How do you put a faction such as this as playable in the Nexerelin cluster, or if I can spawn a ship using console commands, due to not knowing how to do so.

Is it also possible for you to do so? Or are you rather busy with something else.

I will get to testing the ships as soon as possible once I find out how to obtain the ships in Starsector+/Nexerelin and will share information on the positives/negatives of the ships, you have my word/extra words for being a playable faction in Nexerelin.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 11:54:22 PM »

I've done a bit of testing to make it work with nexerelin (without the help of the mod-devs who made/maintain it) and was utterly unable to do so. And honestly I don't have the time right now to work on it, I have a lot on my plate.

As for the console, just launch the game, (with the mod/console/lazylib etc) and hit whatever button launches the console for you (I think it's tilde by default but I can't be sure, best to check the console's mod page for that.) and use the command addship then the FILE NAME of the ship you want to spawn. The file names can be found in the mod directory under data/hulls, finally if you want to spawn a specific variant tack the file name of the variant on the end, one such command might look like: addship scion_vestaldt standard

you can do the same for weapons with the addweapon command (addweapon scion_panacles for instance)

If you're really interested in helping (which I would very much appreciate) I suggest creating a clean copy of the game directory in a different folder with only the mods you need to run this one installed, so as not to damage your saves or cause mod conflicts.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »

Updated, new ships weapons and finally costs for things. Damage of Scion weapons nerfed harshly across the board. Speed and shield values slightly decreased, flux efficiency of all ships now tends towards sustained fights rather than burst, but if they ever have to do a full vent it leaves them incredibly vulnerable for a long time.

Also this is basically ready to be moved to the mods board now

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2016, 12:14:17 AM »

Hello all, quite a large update. I've added a couple of new ships and weapons, done a truck load of balance changes and there are now three new stations (Hegemony Tri tach and Luddic church/path) in the Genesis system that the Scion Collective should constantly fight against, creating quite a hostile environment in that system.

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2016, 09:48:17 AM »

Nice I came back from hospital, gotta test your mod right now :D thanks for the update !

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »

Quick edit, it's becoming trickier to fit all the ships onto the same page in a decent fashion but I managed it. New sprite sheet to see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4