Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Diable Avionics (v.1.05)[0.65.1a]  (Read 94434 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: Diable Avionics (v.1.0)[0.65.1a]
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »

It's an awesome mod but no matter how many times I kill there enemy's next to their base my relations don't improve so the only way to get their ships and guns is to fight them and get the like 27% chance to send a boarding team i think it has something to do with the fact that their station is in hyperspace instead of a solar system

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 08:38:46 AM »

Is Diable Avionics (and Neutrino I might add) compatible with SC+? I just can't go back to vanilla anymore, with some of the mechanics there.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 10:13:18 AM »

Both are, yes.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »

Is Diable Avionics (and Neutrino I might add) compatible with SC+? I just can't go back to vanilla anymore, with some of the mechanics there.
There is a bug that is caused by neutrino that makes some changes revert and Neutrino and DA fleets won't have skills soooo there is that
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 12:40:02 PM »

There is a bug that is caused by neutrino that makes some changes revert and Neutrino and DA fleets won't have skills soooo there is that
I think he fixed that with a reupload according to the Neutrino thread.

EDIT: Checking the files, the problem appears to be in this mod too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:30:32 PM by Nanao-kun »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »

Added that on list of things to fix, I'll try to release an update tonight ish.

Edit: Done woo,
http://www.mediafire.com/download/689jq1dndcdx5r1/Diable+Avionics+1.05.zip
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:25:29 AM by FlashFrozen »

tempestora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »

Created an account just to say thanks for giving us Crimson Permanent Assurance in SPAAACE. Out of curiosity was that the inspiration for the faction?

(For those who have no idea what I'm talking about see >> http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyqxc_the-crimson-permanent-assurance_fun )

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Diable Avionics (v.1.05)[0.65.1a]
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 03:16:33 PM »

Glad you enjoy the mod!

Honestly I just wanted to make more ships and well it turned out as is :)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 08:15:28 AM »

The heavy cruiser makes an *insane* missile spammer, even though it's meant to use ballistics. Being able to fit a ton of Pilums (or coasting pods if you're using SCY) is just insane.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »

I agree with NightFallGemini, I don't usually like talking much about mod balance because I enjoy the idea of having some ships just being inherently better than others, but some of the ships here are just crazy good as supports.

For a long time I was looking for a Frigate with 2 Med Universal slots that I could use them as long range supports. The Imperium mod has one and wouldn't you know it is dedicated for that role which makes sense. The ship I'm talking about is the Decurion and it offers 2 Med Slots and 2 Small ballistics for 2.0 supplies per day, which is probably the best one could get for efficiency per med uni slot overall but, you know, it still seems balanced.

After installing this mod though I've found alternatives that are miles better. The Vapor frigate is better in all regards for a support role and is not even made for that. It consumes 0.75 supplies per day, it's peak performance is unlimited as opposed to Decurion's limited rate and it is much more mobile allowing you to quickly relocate or retreat them if needed. Moreover the small ports are also universal which allows for much better PD or even more missiles if I desired to keep them close range.

The Haze cruiser is even more insane with 7 Med Universals and 14 Small Universals for a mere 4.0 supply a day. It outclasses every other option for support ships and again, I doubt you made those ships thinking of having them on support roles.

I see this as a consequence of adding so many Universals. I really recommend cutting that down and better assigning gun ports to one of the 3 categories but keeping the high amount of ports, as that is one of the things that makes this faction unique.

EDIT. Moreover, as pointed out by Tommy, getting rep with this faction is practically impossible. Killing opposing factions nearby their base does nothing since it's located in hyperspace, they never scan your ship and I have yet to see an offered bounty. Unless they have a base in a system I'm missing I don't see how you should get friendly to them outside of straight cheating.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:25:32 PM by Cyan Leader »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »

Not sure what happened, but I fired up a new file and trying to access the DA trade screen late game makes Starsector lock up and pins CPU usage to 97% (!!) and memory usage creeps up from 5GB to 6. Buying ships worked fine, on the other hand.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 12:46:58 PM »

I've been playing a new game with your faction included for a couple of days now, and I wanted to chime in on a few points.

First off, phenomenal quality work. This really does seem like the natural progression of your older Neutrino mod, and it shows. Better balancing, better quality artwork, better "feeling" ships as a whole. These have character, and I like it. The weapons are interesting and fit their niches well. It doesn't feel like "bloat". Some mods add too much content and most of it feels the same, I haven't gotten that impression at all with DA. The weapons and ships also seem very well attuned to each other, making for good theme fits.

I haven't had a chance to play with every ship yet, but I will say the Haze has become one of my favorites, right up there with the SCY Sthenos. It feels a little overpowered right now, but I think maybe removing the two medium universal hardpoints on the wingtips would be enough to balance it. Had a great time blasting away around the universe in it until I very reluctantly had to sacrifice it to the Omnifactory. Had a Calm as a support vessel for a while too, excellent fleet ship. Looking forward to getting my hands on one of their capitals, but I never see them for sale.

Campaign-wise, they make a nice, smaller addition. I like the idea of mod-factions adding small presences to the universe, rather than rivaling the vanilla superpowers. Their station always seems a little under stocked, which you may or may not want to work on. As for the difficulty of gaining rep with them, I like it that way. Fits the lore.

Anyway, great stuff. It will definitely become a staple mod for me.

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »

Not sure what happened, but I fired up a new file and trying to access the DA trade screen late game makes Starsector lock up and pins CPU usage to 97% (!!) and memory usage creeps up from 5GB to 6. Buying ships worked fine, on the other hand.

Same deal - I kicked the memory allocation up to 10-12GB or so but if memory was the problem that still wasn't enough to take care of it.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »

I tried this and idk if it'll fix the memory issues, but if anyone who had troubles before try this version and see if let's them load up the game.
Sorry for the bugginess

http://www.mediafire.com/download/689jq1dndcdx5r1/Diable+Avionics+1.05.zip

and noted, yeah some of the ships just have a lot of slots for you to customize, that may change later on, but I do wish there was a direct fire (ballistic + energy) weapon mount just to stop missiles :p

As to the faction reputation, I'm working on it, I've tried throwing in bounties, but it hasn't seemed to work at all so I'll just have to set that for later.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »

So, I was talking with FlashFrozen about how it would be so awesome if his mechs would transform into jets to move more quickly around the battlefield, Macross style... Next thing you know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfwsHQgEC1g

Yep, now you have tough slow shielded mechs that transform into fast unarmed fighters to catch their next target!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7