Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299203 times)

ThatSwoleGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: Training in progress! 4.6.6 8/12/2017
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2017, 02:17:53 PM »

The ships are absolutely beautiful but damn they are so dreadfully slow! A few of the weapons also feel very underpowered.

I will be editing this with more well thought out opinions on balance.

A good example in regards to weapons, the combat mg could certainly find a place in the game as a low flux, low damage kinetic option at 55 or so dps with 70 flux usage, the problem is the damned thing costs 6 op which is more than even the dual autocannon at 5 o.o with 140-140 ish flux/dps. The combat mg should cost 3 op, 1 below the standard autocannon at 4 op and 110 flux - 100 dps.

The Grancursor also feels quite op starved, you would have to give it 0 op interceptors for it to even use it's mounts efficiently at all which feels off.

Mantarn at 105-110 op? Really cool ship but it has less op than a falcon which has lesser firepower, starts with higher flux dissipation and cap. All of that would be fine considering it is a little more defensible but it doesn't really come with OP to design it well. I would suggest at a minimum giving it 125 OP, if not 130.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:08:11 AM by ThatSwoleGuy »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »

Hello ans happy holidays folks! It's been a while and I have been a bit busy to say the least. School, the mod, holiday crap and then some if you watch the news... or wear a tin hat.
Anyway!
I'm writing this to tell folks the state of things as they stand and where I plan to go. As i've said a few times in the discord and perhaps in the thread i am utterly winging it! Well, yes and no; I'm winging the execution rather than where I'm actually going.  So, to put it in defined terms. I'm experimenting with how I want to get to my destination.
My destination or the goal is to add some better graphics to the current lineup and add some chaff-ships of sorts that fill more strictly civilian roles in SS. Looking at Metelson's as a whole, that makes sense to me. They're not exactly the same when it comes to the tri-tachyon. They want profit of course but, they're more consumer centric I'd feel within the universe. If that could be likely.

To that end, I think some strictly civilian ships that fill or help add variety to certain roles while looking as if they don't belong exactly to metelson's is my goal. Likewise, in the process of these ships being created, new graphics and new military ships are in my list of milestones to get to.  That may have to be next year for implementation if it all isn't lined up as I'd like it.
I don't like springing massive surprises, though, small ones i think are good. :) keep's a player on their toes with a new mod.

So, in the works currently:

New Mantarn sprite
4 ship designs in the design and paper state (where I draw them on paper as a visual guide very useful for Asymmetrical ships.)
1 ship sprite in Krita ready for working on
and about 5 at most older ship designs i want to reconsider. Something I've satated before on the thread here is that I wanted to bring some of my older designs back from the grave-yard.

Otherwise I have some weapon designs in mind as well and have been looking into music production though, again that'll be implimented later as I find, commission, or produce my own sound/music. :)

With that, have a happy holiday everyone!

PS: Stay home on black-friday!

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #362 on: December 12, 2017, 10:42:01 PM »

attempting to refit a farin causes instant crash.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 12, 2017, 11:11:14 PM »

That's new. Do you have the crash log and a list of Mods?

EDIT:: To be honest, you haven't told me anything I can use. So without that, well, I'm in the dark.

Edit2.  Note to others, please have your crash logs and mod list ready.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:25:48 PM by Azmond »

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2017, 02:11:27 AM »

Sorry for being so late, I have dozens of mods, but I took a couple of hours of my time to try and find the specific one it has comparability issues with. I tried recreating the exact circumstances of the crash on a new save file: all the same mods enabled, a mothbolled Pala class frigate with two cracklers installed on the small port and starboard mounts and found that it did cause a game crash.

My next test was with all of the same mods, and it appears that attempting to modify the loadout of either a Pala or a  when they are mothballed causes the game to crash with the error message "null".

Final test, only four mods: Lazy lib, Graphics lib, Console Commands, and Metelson. Fresh save file, used console commands to acquire a Pala and a Farin for testing. Attempting to refit a mothballed Farin or Pala causes the game to crash.

At least those two Metelson ships cause a game crash when attempting to refit them if they are currently mothballed. This happens even in an otherwise nearly vanilla game.

I tried including crash logs, but the forum seems to be having it's own issues.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »

I'll try to replicate the crash to find out what happened. Otherwise I recommend checking to see that you have the latest version of the mod.

I'm not sure how the ships would be causing the crash... Might be a variant not loading properly... Idk

EDIT:

After going through several games I'm not finding any sort of crash. Make sure you've the latest version... GET VERSION CHECKER FOOL!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:09:00 AM by Azmond »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2018, 04:38:49 AM »

Quick note: Drengur costs 60 supplies to deploy, but only 20 to maintain per month.
- This quietly breaks the 1:1 rule, quite dramatically too
- It costs 33% more per deployment than Odyssey and 20% more than Paragon, without being obviously better at fighting than the first (much less the second)

EDIT: Also, Maser Lance has a 1.50 damage/flux ratio. This is off the charts even for a ballistic weapon, much less energy ones.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:08:44 AM by Histidine »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:36 AM »

Noted, Add Deployment normaliziation to the list of things to do and Weapons pass-over too. I don't know how to calculate that stuff and didn't think of it. Long sotry short, I need a poke in the right direction sometimes. with a very pointy stick.

So, thank you! I'll be normalizing the Deployment values for Drengur- and might as well do the rest of the fleet.
Weapons will get a pass-over as well to avoid being too "flux friendly" so to speak.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 09, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »

School in session. Expect a small update that will hopefully improve QoL and other items of the mod.

Edit:
Update will be out in Febuary.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:35:02 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: Balance pass for 0.8! 5.0.0 2/9/2018
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »

12/18/2017- 2/8/2018::
   Adjusted all Deployment costs/Repairs normalized, OP normalized and ship Variants adjusted for new OP stats.
   New usable ships:
      Scab - Cargo pod basically, marginally better than the Mudder in terms of usability for cost.
   Added Ship Ustos- ***NOT IMPLIMENTED***, but can be obtained in Console commands with mi_ustos_standard all Meletson ships will have the prefix mi_SHIPNAME_standard for the basic type.

All ships have received a once-over and balance change in some way. I lost count and haven't the faintest what all the changes are.

This WILL NOT break saves in a vanilla game. I can NOT vouch for use with other mods and with settings. Otherwise, enjoy the balance pass, a few weapons were affected as well, but not much honestly. I've... I've frankly lost track in the middle of school n' all.

DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:05:32 PM by Azmond »

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: Balance pass for 0.8! 5.0.1 2/9/2018
« Reply #370 on: February 10, 2018, 08:52:19 AM »

Woohoo! Thanks for updating and all the hard work

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »

I read "Scab - Cargo pod basically" and "Added Ship Ustos-", thus I then instantly downloaded the mod without a second thought. :D
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2018, 10:54:53 PM »

about the Guilmjnor Planet Cracker - it seriously needs some immersive FireSoundOne - with sirens and warning announcements and "commence primary ignition"
i mean, its basically deathstar superlaser.
also maybe add pierceSet:ASTEROID and FIGHTER. its a PLANET cracker, it should not be bothered by pityful chunks of rock and metal
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:02:03 PM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »

about the Guilmjnor Planet Cracker - it seriously needs some immersive FireSoundOne - with sirens and warning announcements and "commence primary ignition"
i mean, its basically deathstar superlaser.
also maybe add pierceSet:ASTEROID and FIGHTER. its a PLANET cracker, it should not be bothered by pityful chunks of rock and metal

You really buy into Metelson advertisement brochure. It does not crack the planet at all. It just the biggest mining laser in the sector right now with huge mining bonus. It is a powerful fighting tool but should not rely on it.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »

Yep it is a brochure term mostly over in lower the weapon is supposed to be used at full power outside of combat. Inside of combat it would not be feasible e usable dudes for the power restrictions are placed on the ship during operation. Basically if you wanted the full power you to have to shut everything off except the engine. So you would then have the ship being a Sitting Duck with no Shield no other weapons and no PD.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29