Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299193 times)

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Is theorizer that most asteroids are just big rubble piles rather than a single solid piece, meaning you could just scoop material off them.
On the left half of the Bell curve

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile

Is theorizer that most asteroids are just big rubble piles rather than a single solid piece, meaning you could just scoop material off them.
This is actually what the immense majority of asteroids are: A congregation of dust and pebbles barely holding together in micro-gravity.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Still strong enough to stop a RKV/gauss cannon/wave motion gun/giga drill breaker/nicoll-dyson beam/macro cannon/particle beam dead in it's track
On the left half of the Bell curve

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

Weak vanilla mininglaser is exactly a thing I made a superior copies of along with some sprite alterations and color hue changes to fit in with darker areas, made one of them a symmetrical version using the mininglaser's left side and then some light polishing and light alterations afterward. I call it a Small D-Beam A1™, D-beam stands for Desolator Beam which is a type of particle-laser beam weapon tech, not only is it using regular laser beam but a laser beam enhanced with other exotic elements that ultimately have a devastating outcome and the more of them I have installed the more overpowered the speed of mowing down a fleet is and I enjoy that so much more than having to grind and strain my brain to think how to take down a fleet.

Have tried many times now to play SS more like a RTS with a pause button and a fleet of ships but just like in all RTS games.. I just can't keep track of things since I suck at multi-tasking and it has driven me to a point of nervous breakdowns too many times and even more so if I lose too many of my own, all of it just enough times that I loathe almost all strategy elements and just wipe the floor with one ship or a unit on cheat steroids instead. Sorry about that though, not all of us are a strategy master.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:46:28 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

Auh, It's been a day, I come back. And my thread is about how asteroids work for the past few replies and how the Gulimnjor is a wimpy weapon... On that, partly the reason it was limited, was that it has the tendnacy to hold things still by cheesing a stat within the weapons... It can even hold an Onslaught in place. Now, how could that be useful? Holding him in place fro fighters... Holding in place for his butt to get buggered by a ROMA or other phase-ship easier.... Lots of potential Game-breaks.

But, to help it be more of a weapon. I have increased the dmage and lowered the flux to something more manageable.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:01:31 AM by Azmond »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

Auh, It's been a day, I come back. And my thread is about how asteroids work for the past few replies.

I see nothing wrong with Metelson enthusiastic discussing about asteroids  ;D

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Nope, nothing wrong At all, just found it tickled my funny bone a bit

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

So it's been a while since I've done any sort of update on the mod other than things as needed (bug, crappy things causing crap... Nyeah). So, to update, the mod is still more of less ont he same direction as before. But deliberations will have to be done on what the next direction. As well as how I'm going to get the mod to that state.
I've some ideas in mind for combat based vessels. Most of metelson's ships are Combat Capable, but not Combat Competent. The difference being in the usefullness in a combat situation. Some are combat copetent however. The glima, Cavos, Rastrum, Mantarn, and a few others are good examples. But they also need fleet support.

In this, I want to develop vessels that can be used on their own or with a smaller fleet profile, as some people have made mention of the need for a fleet to support metelson's. So, time to tackle that problem and develop a Military Research arm of Metelson's.

So, as stated in the rather outdated ceo open-letter, things are up for discussion. If you've an idea or something you'd think would mesh well that I can do, let me know. I'll consider it and the mod is my own to take however I wish. :)

PS: School is coming up and crap is getting heavy, soooo, I'll likely not be here very often or as active on discord (HA! I lurk, what the hell am I talking about?! Active... HA!) till things have calmed down though, I'll try.  I enjoy it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:27:53 AM by Azmond »

Seth

• Commander
    • View Profile

Really now, big thanks for keeping this mod updated, it so much fun! This faction is amazing.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

The best part of this mod IMO is the actel cannon. It looks gorgeous.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: Training in progress! 4.6.6 8/12/2017
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

Woah. I've been under a false thought of not being able to use a Hammerhead with ease in normal difficulty too anymore (personal medical reasons with mental health).

I spawned a Metelson variant much earlier today to get other very useful hullmods on the ship and stuck two chainguns on the front, on the right side's chaingun is a horizontal-flipped mirror version of the default chaingun with stats unaltered, thus only a cosmetical flipped version to maintain symmetry but that chaingun is not the point here as stat-wise it is the exact same thing.

What actually is the point is that I figured I'd just do another ship test run but this time against an Onslaught, an Eagle and a Falcon at once since I needed big targets to see how fast or slow can I grind down the foe's heavily armed giants. What came next is just pure awesome as I didn't expect the odds being in my favor in normal difficulty like dozen other times I've tested various ships. The opposing ships barely scratched the surface of my own overmod-variant-only MI Edition Hammerhead as I was able to block and/or dodge away either by speed or shields, mostly the shields obviously.

When I saw that I can manage and survive THAT and then some, I felt awesome. Yes, I know that having almost all hullmods on a ship is cheating but I don't give a single damn. I do however give a damn about if those hullmods can actually provide me much needed leverage to dominate the battlefield with a default ship. All hullmods I stuck there were only what the core game and the mods bring as I needed a baseline comparison test first.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:27:43 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »

Metelson industries will be entering what is BASICALLY going to be a Hiatus. Posts will occur once monthly or as needed to address ideas and bugs that come up.
Metelson's WILL CONTINUE TO BE WORKED ON HOWEVER.
Any updates will be far and inbetween thought due to the fact that I have school coming up and I'll be able to finish it (hoo-diddly-ra!) within the year or next two years after 5 years bouncing back an forth and finally get a career set up somewhere in this slimey murky rock called Oregon! At least when it's not on damn fire!

The CEO open letter will be updated to reflect any changes later and will be added to the OP so people don't have to dig through to find the reason for training in progress.
Otherwise, wish me luck- I'll take anything I can get -and please enjoy the mod, keep to the rules, and if you've ideas please let me know. I may use them :)

@Drokkath::
Hopefully you've a good life, good health or not.
I'm glad you've had your fun with the mod. :) A game is a game. If you want to break it for yourself have fun, though... If you expect others to help repair it when it's borked then... Well, either have good friends or just a good internet to redownload if you do bork it somehow~! xD

Or backups...

Carabus

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2017, 11:50:59 AM »

You forgot to update metelson.version file. After downloading 4.6.6, Version Checker says its version is 4.5.6 and there is a newer one available.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2017, 05:46:12 PM »

of course... Right, That's not game-breaking (thank goodness) but quiet annoying. Updated Silently. Otherwise, not going to be any number change.

So, re download if you don't want to have Version Checker parroting my mistake.

If you don't care, then, hey, that's all.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »

Happy Halloween to all and to all a merry Holiday of cluster-bucket madness.

As far as Metelson indutries is concerned things continue to move forward and the mod is slowly being worked on as will be stated in the new CEO-Letter that will be placed in the IP. As for what is actually being worked on. Graphics are given an update and when I've gotten most all the mods in the modiverses that I feel would likely be played along side with Metelson I'm likely to make a secondary system outside of the core world. It's an idea in the works and as with most things at this point in time.

I've been winging it.

So don't ask for particular details, even I don't have them usually depending on what's being asked. In regards to ship design, certain Metelson ships WILL be altered for better or for worse (hopefully the better). Likewise, I'll be moving towards more Ambiguous designs that aren't very clear on whether they'd be Metelson design or part of vanilla. that'll be difficult but, hey, it's possible! Then again, one way or another people'll figure it out. Still, a good challenge an can add some more chaff to fleet generation for sheer variety sake.

Otherwise, weapons will be getting a similar once over- primarily the oldest weapon that has not been touched the Mining Lance, or Maser Lance -as needed and some new one's might be banged together some how. really, again I'm jus' winging it! But some images and more will be shown to keep interest (and motivation) for the mod going~!

With that, again, happy Hallown and good luck with the cluster bucket of madness that will shortly be coming up with how most holidays tend to go in america sometimes.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29