Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299184 times)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

Hard to believe that it has been 3 years of work hasn't it really the largest difference of quality has been within the first who years when I was developing my ability. Hopefully I continue to develop other skills as I produce content for this modification. This is via a phone with speech to text.

I would reply via the computer what I have just shut it off and I do not wish to turn it on once again.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

I feel like most of their Fighter Wing need to be replenish faster especially the low OP one. It take 10s to replace a miner pod and it doesn't even that durable.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

I feel like most of their Fighter Wing need to be replenish faster especially the low OP one. It take 10s to replace a miner pod and it doesn't even that durable.

I've been messing with the fighters for a while, so consider it noted. :)

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

I see. Good to hear. I like the overall design of Metelson and the clumsiness of their ship. Definitely give them the heavy industrial feeling.

Oh, the Molaris Blaster can't mine the ore despite it is the combat/flux efficient version of Mining Blaster? That is kinda bummer since most of Metelson weaponry are dual purpose to combat and mining.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Odd.... I'll look into that. 

Via phone

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

I looked into mining_weapons.csv and there is no variable for Molaris Blaster. Only these
id,strength
maser_lance,12
maser,4.75
minerAC,1
light_maser_beam,3

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

I looked into mining_weapons.csv and there is no variable for Molaris Blaster. Only these
id,strength
maser_lance,12
maser,4.75
minerAC,1
light_maser_beam,3

Hmm. If anything the balance for that is likely going to be 1/4 compared to the standard mining-blaster due to the nature of the weapon.
I've been working on balance a lot- hence why things are still somewhat broken -and hope to not be worrying too much about balance after this and working mainly on fleshing out some content.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:54:10 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Big patch and a teaser at what's going into the next release of metelson's, Portraits!!!
Yes, I'm working on content as well as balance passes. Hopefully this newest patch with be more balanced than the previous with little to no issues up front from players, mods, and the rest alike!
=================

8/12/2017::

All CR normalized on Metelson vessels.
         All ships- save for one -have been given normal CR stats
            A lot has been done to the ships either to give them more load-outs that're worth a damn, or otherwise.
         Some load-outs are suicide or otherwise rare to see.
         Ye' have been warned and keep on your toes.

Rostor Field's have been lowered to only 5 ships in the metelson fleet. Replacements have been made to the others.
      Rostor Fields no longer have individual boosts to speed.
      Rostor Fields now have the same cool-down and regen as the Damper Field.
   Actel H35 now set in standard fleet generation as a "2", meaning it's more rare to actually see (hopefully) Likewise, fleet generation has been normalized copying the Nueteral fleet generation.
      Actel h35 speed has been lowered to 60 from
      Actel hull has been lowered to 3000 from
      Actel CR lowered to 300 from 400
   Actel Cannon nerfed and flux generation increased
      Standard cannon has a default spread of 8 from 10
      Actel Canopy has a a max spread of 12 from 15.
         Both cannons have had an increase to their cool-down phase and flux generation.
         Both cannons have a projectile speed of 800 from 1000 making the shot easier to dodge for smaller targets.
         (unless it's point blank which, yeah, good luck...)         
   Obex- NERFED, no longer is it a flying Hammer barrage.
      removed one hammer torpedo and replaced the Mining laser and Molaris Blaster with a single Maser.
   Securi-
      CR reduced from 575 to 300
      Hull reduced from 4250 to 3000
      Armor reduced from 600 to 400
      Turn-rate lowered from 60 to 20
      Speed unchanged
      Flux reduced from 6000(!!!) to 4250
      Shield arc reduced from 220 to 200
   Pala:L
      Speed reduced from 170 to 165
      Acceleration reduced from 175 to 150
      Shield arc reduced from 270 to 220
   Thrudgelmir
      Fleet points increased to 20
         NEXE: mining strength reduced from 125 to 75
   NEXE:
      Additional mining weapons added-
            Molaris Blaster mining strength set to 5. Half of the standard mining blaster.

Fighter refit time normalized
      All fighters have refit times parallel with vanilla counterparts.
      Grudiver is set to 5
      Negl is set to 10
      Obex and Golgata are set to 15

Actel Egg removed

8/18/2017::

Liten Field Removed due to annoying and random bug that I have no idea how it occurred.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:20:44 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

This is to inform everybody that there is a mug that intermittently occurs in Mendelson Industries regarding the Litton field which is a light variation of the roster filled. I am unsure how the mod comes to crash and frankly it has been a bothersome occurrence. I am uncertain how to replicate this error how to fix it or where it is exactly occurring. this mod is not intended to cause issues during gameplay.

Initially when the bag first surfaced while working it was during the main menu it had never occurred while I was playing a game however since recently it has occurred in a player's game this bug is something I need to work on ASAP. As such if anyone would be willing to help knowing some code. Please by all means send me a message in Discord at the starsector chat. A p.m. via the forms or through Skype if anyone happens to have me on there.

This has been a PSA to inform you that I am aware of the situation. This has been via my phone. I will be going to bed now.

EDIT:
8/18/2017::

Liten Field Removed due to annoying and random bug that I have no idea how it occurred.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:00:44 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Welp, I got a job again, and school'll be coming up, SOOO, the only updates will be major- as in game-breaking and otherwise 0.7 Rostor Field balance shininigians -realases. Some of these might be content releases that are developed over the months in my spare-time.

To sum it up shortly:  I'M GOING TO BE BUSY

So don't expect many updates unless they're critical.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:40:55 AM by Azmond »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

The planet cracker damage is quite underwhelming for the build-up time it taken. I might adjust it's damage on my own since if it can't one shot a Dram, how come it can crack an asteroid? Otherwise, the ship itself is damn good at mining.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile

The planet cracker damage is quite underwhelming for the build-up time it taken. I might adjust it's damage on my own since if it can't one shot a Dram, how come it can crack an asteroid? Otherwise, the ship itself is damn good at mining.

My thoughts exactly. Otherwise, I really enjoy your mod. 8D
Spoiler

[close]

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

The laser is admited to be an exageration when it comes to using the term, "Planet Cracker".

Thrudgelmir is Metelson Industry's largest vessel for massive mining projects and defensive purposes when the need arises. This beam called a Planet Cracker but, "Planet Cracker" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Gulimjnor however is intended to crack massive asteroids that normally would take many smaller lasers using the same principles as the padent system, but on a larger scale.

But I see the reasonsing, and as others have pointed on the Discord as well. Metelson ships aren't very actively combat styled. However they are combat Competent at the least.  So, I'll fuss with the beam again- I went for under-powered for a few reasons -and release a minor content patch later with the update beam specs.  :)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

Despite me playing from time to time currently as a evil-esque version of my alien character. I still can't bring myself to roleplay out a playthrough against mod factions too, any other default core game faction (apart from independents) is a victim to my ship's front end but once I see a fleet of Metelson, Corvus Scavengers, Diable Avionics, O.R.A, Blackrock Drive Yards and SCY Nation and etc. I just don't really want to or bring myself to wreck their ships and if I do I feel usually a bit worse after that, thus I end up with a story of an originally evil character who over the course turned one's mindset and values to good and in a way realizing the value of not only human life but all of other life from creatures to sentients and why taking it away is a sad thing. Ironic thing is that my good characters turn evil and my evil characters turn good, go figure. :-\

EDIT: Whoops, due to typo "r" was previously "c" there. *facepalm*
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:17:21 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile

The laser is admited to be an exageration when it comes to using the term, "Planet Cracker".

Thrudgelmir is Metelson Industry's largest vessel for massive mining projects and defensive purposes when the need arises. This beam called a Planet Cracker but, "Planet Cracker" is a bit of an exaggeration.  Gulimjnor however is intended to crack massive asteroids that normally would take many smaller lasers using the same principles as the padent system, but on a larger scale.

But I see the reasonsing, and as others have pointed on the Discord as well. Metelson ships aren't very actively combat styled. However they are combat Competent at the least.  So, I'll fuss with the beam again- I went for under-powered for a few reasons -and release a minor content patch later with the update beam specs.  :)

I know it is exaggerated. It just doesn't feel right when it can't even crack a small random asteroid that floating around in the field too. I'm a bit bias toward mining laser stuff in space sci-fi since if it can crack a hard dense space asteroid, it should be able to tear down ship's armor plating with ease. You mess with miner, your ship get mining!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29