Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299210 times)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile

In previous .7 version of the game I've seen Tiandong macrocannon's round get interrupted more or less similarly, so my guess is that it's not that fixable still. Come to think of it I have had a few good shots with typhoon reaper from Hermit-class ruined by something small and not instantly visible due to all the battle and debris. :-\ Best advice I can give is to get up close and personal and treat those good shots like a shotgun blast at close range, less chance for failure at least and more rounds/missiles left in ammo counters.

I'd also recommend having a shield raised as I've even blown myself up due to not paying attention about my flux and shield states in the thick of a shooting gallery.

EDIT: Darn, didn't see until recently that Metelson has it's own lite version of a Hammerhead! I really do need to zero the clock a bit and find joy or silver linings in slower travel times of burn 8-11. Slow speed is the main factor that make me want faster big ships but with emergency burn and sustained burn added to the game, this should no longer bother me as much.

I keep looking at Metelson's ships for a past week now and having a very hard time to choose a ship to make a super copy of because they are all awesome! To a point I'm willing to give the faction a several more tries. I feel like a little kid again who doesn't know exactly what lego-set to pick amongst every other awesome lego-sets. :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:20:16 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

Would you be able to make it so the H35's shells ignore/punch through those tiny asteroids, and missiles? It's kinda frustrating to have that one shot you get to make every 5 or so seconds interrupted by something so insignificant

The standard cannon will keep that however the Actel H35's canopy will have that code removed. In the actel H35 it is a major handicap- espically considering that it's the main crux of the ship. As a standard weapon...
Denied.

Balance patch for Drengur and for Crackler is going to be out... Drengur was broken adn something i threw together. Should be more coherent and less of a bore/nightmare and have a better design.

EDit of Edit:

Balance patch is out, change log to be posted.

Changes for 4.2.4~!
6/24/2017::
mi_Drengur
    turret layout changed
   overall nerf and now on par with Odessey
    FP unchanged
    OP to 212 from 260
    Hull set to 11000 from 15000 Armor nerfed to 1200 from 1500
    Max Fluxcahnged, Diss. unchanged. Max flux to 12500 from 15000
    Speed set to 60 from 80, it also now turns and accelerates like a brick through water...
        In otherwords... It's slow as balls to get up to speed and difficult to stop.
    Turning is nerfed as well making it a 15 turn-rate with 10 Turn acceleration.
    Arc lowered to 120 from 180, nerfed to 0.6 upkeep and 1.2 efficiency (in other-words it's a crap shield, but it works.)
        Basically, the ship should be less of a cluster-of-things-evil!
    mi_actelh35
        Speed lowered to 70
        Shield nerfed, upkeep increased to 1 while efficiency is set to 1.5 (the shield is for catching shots and sponging beams when able)
    mi_securi speed lowered to 80
    Actel Cannon/Canopy Flux per shot increased to 1500
        Canopy spread increased to 14 and decay lowered to 0.9333
        Cannon spread set to10 with a decay rate lowered to 0.6333
    Crackler spread increased
         Spread set to 25 with a minimum spread of 2.

Next on the list, fighters and content patch...
Edit:
Fighter Patch is next... Fighters...

Did I mention I sometimes suck at balancing?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:20:25 AM by Azmond »

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Found game-breaking typo in last version:

in data/weapons/maser.wpn al ocurences (4) of "/irmaser/" have to be replaced with "/irMaser/"
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Game breaking for linux/unix yes, windows no... Thank you for letting me know Dino the change has been made. :)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile

ignore me if this is intentional, but is the actel canopy meant to appear in markets? i was under the impression only the cannon was with the canopy being restricted to the actel itself

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

ignore me if this is intentional, but is the actel canopy meant to appear in markets? i was under the impression only the cannon was with the canopy being restricted to the actel itself

Call it an Easter egg.  It's not practical to get really and i wanted to see what would happen.  I'm going to remove it from market in the next patch...  Once I get my borked computer repaired.  The power supply is dying so I have to remove it or risk damage to components. And I would rather not brick my system.

It has a rarity of one. So it is rather difficult to find in the first place by 20 each game being different it was bound to happen eventually. Unless I confused the settings for the Rarity of an item.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:43:16 AM by Azmond »

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yesterday I decided to boot up SS again. After some causal fun with my Dramlord-class giving what-for to the Templars as if they were paper.
After I had my fun with that I switched characters and I looked at my Metelson character's fleet of Metelson ships, looked at Glima and took it out for a test-fly, loaded it with my oldest idea of a loadout consisting of chainguns and a light dual machinegun, gave some of the frigates in the simulation some dakka dakka and finally found that ship interesting enough to use but as usual too slow to make some serious DPS on fleets quickly or be safe without a shield.

Ended up making a personalized symmetrical version of Glima which I temporally for the time being have named Brynjar to tell apart which one is the altered one and which one isn't in-game. As for the personalized ship sprite edit, I mainly used the Glima's right side to even out the left side and I ended up with something that is more-or-less a space equivalent of
the Immortan Joe's ride The Gigahorse from Mad Max: Fury Road as the nose of the ship looks more like a massive engine or a reactor for weaponry and a secondary power source for the ship's thrusters probably, particular for the four which Maneuver Jets system used and which I replaced with my Temporal Red Shell ship system (has longer slow-mo effect and purple colored glowing effect emanating the powers of the Warp) and made the extra four thruster exhaust active by default. Also reduced the min crew and max crew numbers quite a bit and made it a half-automated droneship. That reduction to make more sense aside, everything else is almost as overpowered as my Dramlord.

Basically I had fun personalizing my first ship from the Metelson ship designs and I was wondering if that's okay with you, Azmond. The altered ship is overpowered anyway for anything other than my own personal reasons and intentions and all main sprite-work thanks goes to you as I'm no sprite artist, I'm more of a sprite scavenger really who welds different parts together like the Corvus Scavengers but with the help of Paint.NET and sf-ship-ed program to rearrange weaponry, engines, boundaries and etc with occasional manual file edits.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:45:00 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yesterday I decided to boot up SS again. After some causal fun with my Dramlord-class giving what-for to the Templars as if they were paper.
After I had my fun with that I switched characters and I looked at my Metelson character's fleet of Metelson ships, looked at Glima and took it out for a test-fly, loaded it with my oldest idea of a loadout consisting of chainguns and a light dual machinegun, gave some of the frigates in the simulation some dakka dakka and finally found that ship interesting enough to use but as usual too slow to make some serious DPS on fleets quickly or be safe without a shield.

Aye? That's why it has manuvering jets, more of a tease really... Go on.

Ended up making a personalized symmetrical version of Glima which I temporally for the time being have named Brynjar to tell apart which one is the altered one and which one isn't in-game. As for the personalized ship sprite edit, I mainly used the Glima's right side to even out the left side and I ended up with something that is more-or-less a space equivalent of
the Immortan Joe's ride The Gigahorse from Mad Max: Fury Road as the nose of the ship looks more like a massive engine or a reactor for weaponry and a secondary power source for the ship's thrusters probably, particular for the four which Maneuver Jets system used and which I replaced with my Temporal Red Shell ship system (has longer slow-mo effect and purple colored glowing effect emanating the powers of the Warp) and made the extra four thruster exhaust active by default. Also reduced the min crew and max crew numbers quite a bit and made it a half-automated droneship. That reduction to make more sense aside, everything else is almost as overpowered as my Dramlord.

??? Never seen mad-max (I suck at pop-culture and movies in general). But it sounds neato!
I like how you actually know how to mod.

Basically I had fun personalizing my first ship from the Metelson ship designs and I was wondering if that's okay with you, Azmond. The altered ship is overpowered anyway for anything other than my own personal reasons and intentions and all main sprite-work thanks goes to you as I'm no sprite artist, I'm more of a sprite scavenger really who welds different parts together like the Corvus Scavengers but with the help of Paint.NET and sf-ship-ed program to rearrange weaponry, engines, boundaries and etc with occasional manual file edits.

Dude, you're fine!

More of an explanation, you're not using my sprites and claiming them as yours. You're not being a pirate and using them in a game without permission. Basically, you're having fun with my sprites and that's fine. If you want to post them though, give credit where it's due and link to the mod or credit me by my handle (name).

================================
Product Permissions and licensing
================================

This mod is provided as is, free of charge, and is subject to common usage as most other mods are. Use at your own risk, as mods are mods, and mods can break things.

Credit is to go me and others as needed. If you're unsure who owns what, ask and I'll help. (not like that'll be an issue considering the size an scope of the mod.)
Otherwise keep to common sense please.

You're using it for a PERSONAL MODIFICATION, as in, you and only a few others are likely to see and use it. I don't mind, again,
YOU ARE FINE so long as you don't go around pea-cocking it as your own stuff.

So, have fun.  :)

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile

-snip-

Thanks! Was just-in-case explaining about half a post later or so and aiming to remain humble. Like with Dramlord which customized sprite is all thanks to Alex or whoever else or both pixel-art drew and painted the small tanker's aka Dram's textures and also the same kind of thanks goes to the initial Dram's config files that gave me the base to build on and the same thing applies to your Glima-class' assets I used to create something that also makes my in-game character(s) stand out from the rest as a true reverse-engineering scavenger.

Also sent you a PM with an image of the alternate Glima (D)-class with superior light and heavy mortars, forgot to add a title to the message so it's just the generic (No subject), 'scuse me.

EDIT:
Spoiler
Heh, the moment I mentioned about thinking of making a smaller/compact version of the default game's swarmer missile and its launcher basically in that PM, I ended up modding that very idea into my game. The launcher is about as big as the two other small missile weaponry aka Micromissile and Magicbox from Diable, except I used Swarmer SRM's sprite and files to cobble together a functional, thin and neat but slower firing missile weapon. Every aspect of the weapon is standalone in terms of modding as its got its own depending files like any other weapon. Probably should be posting this tidbit somewhere else but at the moment I'm satisfied that I ended up making it happen as I've needed that weapon on other vessels too, particularly for smaller vessels where a row of missiles of a launcher eat up most of the ship's sprite.
[close]

Other than that, once again glad that a mod has given me motivation to add something extra from existing stuff to make some more existing but customized stuff.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:33:13 AM by Drokkath »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Hey Azzie.

The Obex fighter wings are...well...hilariously borked at the moment. 2 x Hammer torpedoes, laser and the ship system roster field turns them into something horrific, able to destroy destroyers, cripple cruisers and capitals quite easily for 10 OP. If the Obex were 15 OP and had (single) Hammer torpedoes, they'd be a bit more balanced, but right now, they are downright terrifying.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

I never gave them the field. I never gave them the roster filled how the hell is Young Opex you mix doesn't have it it shouldn't have it which ship are you talking about cuz honestly they do not have it they do not have it. And if they do I have seriously screwed up.

Edit:. Yay for text to speech.... I'm shoving out an update tonight, the obex shouldn't have that... What you may've been seeing was the Targeting Feed of a carrier.

Edit edit: It'll be done when it's done, at the moment, it's not as broken as it was last time and the game is still playable though it is far from ideal, I'd rather not rush things out...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:47:55 PM by Azmond »

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'd rather not rush things out...

I hear ya. Can relate from experience with wanting something modded into the game by myself faster than I'm able to keep up sometimes.
Still sluggishly playing the game on and off and having most fun with blasting opposition apart with prototype franken-starships or with occasional test drive of something from one of the mods aka TUP, SCY, Blackrock and my current character's loyalty to Metelson.

Speaking of sluggish. I love the design of Pala L-type and Cringer Heavy MoCF. They remind me this rock-being's ship from FTL, the one on the left:
Spoiler

[close]

So, yeah a lot of new material for me to comb through in-game in terms of gameplay to-do's.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Still alive, that is all. Here is part of the up-coming change log.

Code
Rostor Feild's have been lowered to only 5 ships in the metelson fleet. Replacements have been made to the others.
Rostor feilds no longer have indidiual boosts to speed.
Rostor feilds now have the same cool-down and regen as the Damper Feild.

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Rostor Feild's have been lowered to only 5 ships in the metelson fleet. Replacements have been made to the others.
      Rostor feilds no longer have indidiual boosts to speed.
      Rostor feilds now have the same cool-down and regen as the Damper Feild.

*bursts into hysterical laughter*
I'm quite sure it's supposed to be Field not Feild unless that forcefield-thingy is intended to fail and thus is named a Feild instead.
I started reading the new post with a serious face and mind.. good thing I didn't drink anything as I was reading.
This made me laugh literally just way too much for some reason! :D I'll show myself out now and tend to my painful stitches.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:16:55 PM by Drokkath »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile

Holy damn this mod has gone a Loooong way, the new ships look so good. This is vanilla level quality, excellent work!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29