Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299212 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: !!! BOOM CHAKA CHAKA !!! a4 6/17/2017
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2017, 11:26:34 PM »

AW MFERS I CANT WAIT TO TRY! GOOD JOB MFER!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: in a REDACTED mood... a3.1.2 11/21/16
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:49 PM »

Ready to melt the sneer off a pirate-ship's face!

That is a very sexy Thrudgelmir. I assume that IS the Thrudgelmir.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

AW MFERS I CANT WAIT TO TRY! GOOD JOB MFER!

??? Auh... Thank you?  Not sure how to reply... Thank you?

That is a very sexy Thrudgelmir. I assume that IS the Thrudgelmir.

Have fun. ^ w ^

PS:

patch is out for weapon id conflicts that might occur with Nexe. Otherwise, there'll likely be another content patch later in the year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:57:29 PM by Azmond »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Er, Azzie...Don't you need to call import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager in the plugin?

Spoiler
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MODDERS

The removal of reflections in Starsector 0.8 means the old Nexerelin compatibility check (used in many mods) will no longer function.
Instead you will need to include ExerelinCore.jar as a library in your mod project, and call SectorManager.getCorvusMode() directly.
A partial example is provided below:

Code: java
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;
//[...]

public class MyModPlugin {
    @Override
    public void onNewGame()
    {
boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getCorvusMode())
    new MySectorGen().generate(Global.getSector());
    }
    //[...]
}

(not guaranteed to work with Janino runtime compilation)
[close]

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Er, Azzie...Don't you need to call import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager in the plugin?

Spoiler
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MODDERS

The removal of reflections in Starsector 0.8 means the old Nexerelin compatibility check (used in many mods) will no longer function.
Instead you will need to include ExerelinCore.jar as a library in your mod project, and call SectorManager.getCorvusMode() directly.
A partial example is provided below:

Code: java
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;
//[...]

public class MyModPlugin {
    @Override
    public void onNewGame()
    {
boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getCorvusMode())
    new MySectorGen().generate(Global.getSector());
    }
    //[...]
}

(not guaranteed to work with Janino runtime compilation)
[close]

Right.... gimmie a bit, again... bollocks.

... an time to cannibalize.

Hey! I didn't have to kill any virgins or eat the flesh of others.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:43:42 AM by Azmond »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: bollocks a4.1 6/17/2017
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2017, 12:10:40 AM »

Yeah, looks like you might have to - Rangus isn't showing up, nor are the markets in corvus etc.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: bollocks a4.1 6/17/2017
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2017, 12:31:21 AM »

Yeah, looks like you might have to - Rangus isn't showing up, nor are the markets in corvus etc.

beat ya' to it I think (hope).

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Can confirm - it works.

HA HA time to mine!

--

Hey Azzie - the Acutor and Rastrum drones are available seperately from their ships.

Also: The Gruvdner Mining wing is hilarious in how broken it is. That level of mining power for 5 OP needs some serious nerfing. Might want to drop the system weapon mining power a smidgeon. The Acutor and Rastrum drones are also hilariously broken if they are stuck on different ships.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's amazing just how much your sprites have improved since your first release.

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile

I just tried this mod for the first time, and damn I love the H-35. Panzersector. The AI seem to really overestimate their ability to "tank" (hahah) hits in it though. But as a player ship, it's awesome. I only got to use the Cavos and Stinulv alongside, the latter seems very weak to me, but the Stinulv is just right. I love how battles play out using these ships, Metelson fleets are like a steamroller. Easily get surrounded, but that's right where you want them with a one-shot overload cannon.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Can confirm - it works.

HA HA time to mine!

--

Hey Azzie - the Acutor and Rastrum drones are available seperately from their ships.

Also: The Gruvdner Mining wing is hilarious in how broken it is. That level of mining power for 5 OP needs some serious nerfing. Might want to drop the system weapon mining power a smidgeon. The Acutor and Rastrum drones are also hilariously broken if they are stuck on different ships.

Good god I really suck sometimes...
Right, I'll have to do a balance-patch here. I didn't balace with Nexe so, I wasn't expecting that... I'll need to nerf the weapon they use as the wing isn't what has the power, it's the weapon.
As far as the drones go, that was something fun I was expecting to be used. I wouldn't be surprised if Drones in general are able to be mass produced in turn for fighters. (I mean, it makes sense, we can build fighters in a bay with a nano factory, I can build drones just as easy!) If anything I can balance out their use by adding to their OP and limiting their deployment range to a strict 1500 as far as being a Wing goes as well as lowering their speed to be a standard 200. Enough to keep up with a ship, but not enough to become chasers in their own right... I'll have to work on it.

And this is partly why I pushed out this update. I'm terrible testing my own stuff and often don't see what other's might. So... RIP'EM UP!!!

I just tried this mod for the first time, and damn I love the H-35. Panzersector. The AI seem to really overestimate their ability to "tank" (hahah) hits in it though. But as a player ship, it's awesome. I only got to use the Cavos and Stinulv alongside, the latter seems very weak to me, but the Stinulv is just right. I love how battles play out using these ships, Metelson fleets are like a steamroller. Easily get surrounded, but that's right where you want them with a one-shot overload cannon.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the space-tank as intended, as far as steamrolling goes I expect that in other factions it happens in much the same way if you exploit a certian ship or go for a zerg-hound-rush. xD

Either way, I'm glad you've enjoyed my work, I'll keep it going as much as I can. ^ ^

Hard to think it's been 3 years now... yes, three years! Now time to work on drawing portraits for a later release (after a patch for Nexe again and then some. Bollocks!)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile

agreed! O:

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

Added a patch to change some things to avoid players getting broken drones so easily and the drone are also less borken. the Acutor's drones are limited to 6 (the size of the borer wing) and both drones are very rare to actually get. They can still be had though and their OP has been upped with their range lowered to stay within range of the ship thus rendering them to extra weapons rather than more and insanely reproducing fighters.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:32:57 PM by Azmond »

Terbulus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Getting a fail to startup with this error
48015 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.variants.DS_Database  - Metelson interceptor...
48110 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [grudiver_wing] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [grudiver_wing] not found!

Looks dynasector related disabling it allows proper startup
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:38:22 AM by Terbulus »

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Got the same issue here with Dyna.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29