Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299238 times)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile

The Acutor cleaned up well. It looks like I'll have to take another look at this mod.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've played the restructured faction a bit, and while I don't have the time to currently outline each given aspect; I'll go ahead and jot down the more glaring aspects:

1. Is the Stinulf supposed to have a phase teleporter? This might make up for its vastly degraded speed compared to the regular wolf, but the description says it's an electronics downgrade whereas the phase teleporter is Hyperion-level in technology.

2. The Kasta is a kinetic missile, but uses the heatseeker ai. So it spins behind and strikes the engine, which tends to not be shielded; negating the kinetic bonus.

3. The Actel should probably get a hullmod that disables the addition of ITU or DTS.

4. The Obex's mining laser affects the AI so it rarely uses its Molaris blaster. Also said blaster does not have a mining bonus; though this may be intentional since it's a 3-fighter wing now.

Also, the Varingur is misspelt "Varingurt".

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile

1. Is the Stinulf supposed to have a phase teleporter? This might make up for its vastly degraded speed compared to the regular wolf, but the description says it's an electronics downgrade whereas the phase teleporter is Hyperion-level in technology.

Belive it or not, yes. It lost a LOT of it's mobility when the speed was taken out, making it quite vulernable. Given that I'm not fully aware of the Tech-levlels to such a degree I'll change the Desc slightly for the next patch. I'll also tweek the System so it's not as long. Currently it's at 800 Su i think as far as range goes with about 3 charges.

2. The Kasta is a kinetic missile, but uses the heatseeker ai. So it spins behind and strikes the engine, which tends to not be shielded; negating the kinetic bonus.
It is meant to do that, yes. It's PD-fodder and Cheesing a portion of the AI. If the ship in question continues to move, it will liekly be hit by the missles or they'll continue to circle. The idea is for distraction more than anything and it does that just fine. :)

3. The Actel should probably get a hullmod that disables the addition of ITU or DTS.
That would be a good idea... As mcuh as it'd be hard to use it at that range, it would just as easy for it to break things instead. So, that'll be worked on, likely I'll cannabilize something.

4. The Obex's mining laser affects the AI so it rarely uses its Molaris blaster. Also said blaster does not have a mining bonus; though this may be intentional since it's a 3-fighter wing now.
Yes, that is Intentional. Considering the fact that you will have about 12 hammers being thrown at you for a full wing, and a potential follow up on the blaster!!!  I think limitations are in order with that... the Obex is scray enough, are you trying to tell me it ISN'T scary enough!? xD Cause it is as far as I'm concerned.

Edit:: Vargingurt...  Varginurt! Now part ofa healthy breakfeast while supplies last! :D

Edit EDIT::  I was working on a different variation of the Phase Skimmer and thought THAT was what was in the file, so... NO It was meant to have something else that I described however, in my haste, I didn't check that. It's the devils in the details.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:46:45 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile

In a system near you!

So In this Patch we have a few things that're fixxed and hopfully things that will work properly. I have not implimneted the ITU/DTS block to the Actel yet, but, that'll be for later.
=================

4/16/2017::

Ships--
   mi_wolf (stiulv) given Maneuvering Jets and small buff to stats to compensate for Mobility loss making the ship viable for combat again.
      Speed from 110 to 120
      armor from 180 to 220
      Flux from 1800 to 1950
      Dissipation from 140 to 150

Ship-systems--

Rostor Fields nerfed slightly and given charges to avoid becoming overpowered.   

Descriptions--
   Varingurt is no longer on sale and has been removed from production. (Spelling error for Varingur fixxed)

Weapons--
   Kasta-MRSM given a buff:
       EMP set to 10
      Damage from 50 to 55
   Mining Lance OP added from 10 to 11

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:48:46 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: in a REDACTED mood... a3.1.2 11/21/16
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »

To those who are wondering if Metelson's will be coming out sometime soon it will need to be given some time- primarily for my own fun and then some.  The mod will come out sometime this summer and will feature a few far-flung outposts (read salvaging centers) hand-placed with randomized items in-system for any sector generation. So, below is a small list of what I have in mind, that may or may not come to fruition and needs me to work on. Likely this summer I'll be taking less classes at school and focusing on the mod, or my blood will become coffee and music will be blarring in my ears.

=======================
TODO and ideas::
=======================
+Populate and create star-systems for use in campaign (only 2 planned, however, more can be made closer to the home-worlds.
+Re-balance fighters for new mechanics
+Adjust Rock and related markets to account for new system information.

++!!!SHIPS IN GENERAL!!!++
+++Adjust certain weapons to account for Salvage operations and so on.
+++Adjust ships for Breakage
+++Adjust ships for vanilla balances
+Replace Thrudgelmir / Drengur
+Add 5 new ships/ship series:
++Pala mk3  (hehehe, excited for this one.)
++Venture MI-Variant
++MASA series
++Varginur inspired vessels  (have a few ideas...)
++Actel R70 (it's not as bad as it sounds, maybe.... I hope not, not, maybe. Heehee.)
+++Cannibalize Vanilla ships (avoid spoiling REDACTED for self...)

++!!!SHIP SYSTEMS!!!++
+++Change drone systems if need-be.
+++Cannibalize Vanilla systems and code with caution. (All hail the backup-system!!!)
+++Triple-check Rostor Fields to avoid Mora tedium... (the buzzing still rings in m'ears!)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »

Just a reminder I am alive.

PS: Happy birthday to this fellow in june.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:45:15 AM by Azmond »

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2017, 10:06:02 AM »

really pretty sprites!
Dare to give an estimated ETA?

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:05 AM »

Oh cool! Finally there's Metelson craft to compete with the Onslaught! also happy birthday man, cheers! Good to see it's still alive as well.
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2017, 10:49:08 AM »

Oh, darn. I miss having this mod installed too along with few others that aren't yet updated.

The ships from this mod are awesome, as awesome as the ships from Tiandong. Haven't yet gotten around to testing ships from other mods yet despite having some of them installed.
Because of that reason I'm more familiar with this mod and the Tiandong mod as I've seen their ships the most in action of fleet battles often and me either aiding them in a battle or having a small fleet of my own and still aiding them whenever there is a fellow faction member in need of reinforcements. As for the ship I used the most and liked having as my main ship when with the faction from this mod is the Securi Stout, its big enough to have three damaging medium weapons and small enough to fly fast with the Temporal Shell helping out at dire needs to glide away from danger and/or pour some more hot lead into an enemy. Sure is a useful and an awesome ship as one can even catch those pesky phase ships when using the Temporal Shell at the right time.

Happy birthday by the way then too if it's indeed your birthday! Live long and prosper.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:52:44 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2017, 12:40:36 PM »

It'll be out REDACTED.

Thanks for the Cheers by the way guys. :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:42:08 PM by Azmond »

Krelian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »

It'll be out REDACTED.

Thanks for the Cheers by the way guys. :)

epic answer is epic.
Happy birthday btw :)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2017, 08:37:28 PM »

Ready to melt the sneer off a pirate-ship's face!

6/17/2017::

General::
Fighters edited for use in the game and the mod is now upgraded from 7.2 to 8.1! (finally fudge-packing-hell!!!)
Rock moved south of the main worlds outside of Galatia as a spot for fueling and so on. no other systems added.

Ships--
   mi_drengur Offcially Added
   Thrudgelmir Lives!!!
   mi_cringer added
   several other ships have a slight graphics update

Ship-systems--

Coiler Drones (Rastrum) changed to a built-in weapon, Rastrum given Active Flares

Descriptions--
   mining lance name changed to Maser Lance to fit with the Maser beam and So on
   Added new descriptions as needed.

Weapons--
   Gulimnjor added
   Padent system added
   Combat MG given a burst of 16 with 1.75 second chargedown (now rivals the Needler rather than being a plinky MG....)

==========

The mod's direction and public letter will be changed after further deliberations.
screenshots updated as well,

==========

Doing a stream now (6/17/2017) if anyone want's to watch~! :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:44:07 PM by Azmond »

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Metelson industries: !!! BOOM CHAKA CHAKA !!! a4 6/17/2017
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »

Yeah-yuh! Good to see Metelson up and running again! Good job Azmond!
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »

Finally! One of the mods that I have been waiting.

Btw is this compatible with the current version of Nex?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2017, 10:38:46 PM »

It likely will need a change or two regarding weapon ID changes.... among other things I'm really not sure though. So, eer on the side of caution and DO NOT use nexi just yet.

Otherwise, I'm glad you guys've enjoyed the mod! ^ ^

EDIT:: Gimmie a bit... Patch'll be out to update that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:44:29 PM by Azmond »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29