Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299230 times)

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: Fixxin' m'crap... a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2016, 06:59:18 AM »

Damn the actel h35 is op, its really hard to kill. A centurion on steroids DX
May the fry be with you.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2016, 08:35:12 AM »

And don't worry too much about the time, I'm really happy you recovered after that lost-progress hiccup.
You and me both... @~@

Damn the actel h35 is op, its really hard to kill. A centurion on steroids DX
Yes, if anyone doesn't know why, or elsewise... Go watch Nemo's video... Or, get the rare oppertuinity to meet it yourself.... I tried to make it so that ship wasn't met as often. Shogun hasn't even seen it yet I beilive. It's got the same chance of being met as a Tempest I think... or an Omen. not sure which but it's not likely you'll see it as a standard edition.

Either way, yes. I know... Much nerf, much borken speed of bullet. Much need of Less Stronk. Gauh.

as it stands, heading to school.

Ninja:    MISSIONS WILL REQUIRE LAZY-LIB AT NEXT RELEASE.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 10:02:47 AM by Azmond »

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »

No I like it, i have one in mah fleet pls don't nerf...
May the fry be with you.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »

I'm using an Actel as my flagship. It's really, really, reeeeeally good.

That said, there's multiple ways you can go with nerfing it.

Either lower its armor, lower the duration of its ship system, or treat it like a supership and make it rare and (somewhat) expensive, as 27k is just way too cheap for how good this thing is at the moment and depending on how someone spawns in Nexerelin, they could just start with it.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

I'm not removing it, no ship will be removed. However, You will have SIGNIFIGANTLY less armor. the canopy WILL NOT have a bullet screaming out at 3000!!!
Speed for all ships has been nerfed, armor has been nerfed, and currently, I'm playtesting it.
Omni-shields are less common, sheilds are more balanced with low/midtech ships.

It's rare to meet but I can't controll really how rare it is to get. Not sure how really. regardless, it is not as common as say, the Rastrum or Varingur.

Things have changed and been introduced, be glad it isn't a borken borked peice of rotten pork!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »

Personally I think the Varingur is a bit broken at the moment as well; it's an effective destroyer, a carrier, and a pretty decent cargo ship, and it's got a good rostor field system, relatively low supply costs and relatively high burn speed for all that muchness. Maybe if it were burn 8 instead, or slightly more expensive supply wise, or had dodgier flux stats it might be more balanced.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2016, 06:44:16 PM »

Bah... yeah, it is going to be getting a change. Again, as most ships have.   You'll have to wait till the next release to see the changes. But yes, I'm well aware... it it a  monster of an annoyance!!! So is the glima, God damn. @~@.  Play testing, why the hell didn't I do it sooner?!?

EDIT:: 
I will eventually start play testing for Linux compatibility when I send back your old laptop and get my new one. For now, just thinking on various designs and drawing rough sketches for weapons or otherwise...

I love you to glorious mirrored !@#%$#!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:31:46 AM by Azmond »

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:04 PM »

I will eventually start play testing for Linux compatibility when I send back your old laptop and get my new one. For now, just thinking on various designs and drawing rough sketches for weapons or otherwise...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: Hi-ho Hi-ho!!! a2.95 9/3/16
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

After about a few weeks of tinkering, playtesting and screaming at my own idocy sometimes. I feel it has been balanced now, well... as balanced as it can be at the moment with the changes to SS coming eveutally.
Regardless, here's a list of what's new and changed with Metelsons 2.95B~!
Metelson Industries 2.9.5B or 2.95B!
  • Every ship has had a change in some way, buffed or nerfed. Many things are changed to be in line with Mid-line doctrine.
  • Added new Gadfar, CMG, and Heavy CMG graphics
  • Made 3 new systems of the Rostor Field: The Liten Field, The Rostor Field, and finally The Heavy Rostor Field
  • Descriptions have been updated and all items have a blurb. Spellcheck has also been done, as well as Variants and Variant Grouping has been checked. (I missed a few descriptions, fixxed'em now.)
  • Actel H35's cannon/canopy has been slowed down to shoot at 1000 rather than 3000!!!
  • Added a new Missile as well, the Kasta MRSM (Mid-Range Short Missile) a Kenetic Chaser with little to no damage to hull, but can saturate PD and annoy the hell out of many things.

This will likely break saves. But, fixes an issue with a market I had in mind.

Also, Metelson Ships are very crew-strict, carry a shuttle or two with you, a Pala, Mudder, or any civilian ship would do well. I'm not joking. Carry one, you will very well need it if you take crew causalities often.

Anywho! have fun and enjoy the mod folks!
Download now~!
^!^!^ DOWNLOAD THE MOD ^!^!^
Nexerelin COMPATIBLE / LAZYLIB IS INDEED REQUIRED FOR MISSIONS

Remove the Random Missions and edit the mission lists if you so chose.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:54:19 AM by Azmond »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »

One thing I can confirm is that Version Checker & Metelson works and don't crash anymore.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2016, 12:10:28 AM »

One thing I can confirm is that Version Checker & Metelson works and don't crash anymore.

Good, I was wondering if it would. Hehehe, ah I love it when things work.  ^^

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2016, 02:46:04 AM »

Hear yes hear ye...

I'm rising from the dead and will be poking Azmond with some ideas for him to take a gander at. Since I'm currently out in the proverbial hyper space of earth. I can't do much... However, you may see some things pop up that were designed by a small rnd group on Viymese...

This post was done on my phone, it's a bit of a ***, but Iwill hold fast to this claim of rising from the dead (a little) and see what he thinks.

For the record, these are ideas which will be more in line with entry level high tech doctrine, focused on military applications... There may be a specific craft or two, but otherwise just weapons for now as I'm horrible at ship design and will be working the few designs I have with him over Skype or FaceTime... Depending on if my internet stays functional and isn't shut off by the local pirate faction SISI...  I can't think of a clever new name for them... I will in time though...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: You saw nothing (Patch)! a2.95B 11/21/16
« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2016, 12:42:01 AM »

I'm not sure why, but the Version Checker is popping up that Metelson is outdated.

I've checked and downloaded the latest version of Metelson, but the message did not change.

There is a difference in the numbers indicating the mod's version 'metelson.version' and 'mod_info.json' files. Just missing the 'B' letter.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2016, 08:34:23 AM »

Strange... seems there is more to version Checker then I figured. Note to self before school put together a patch. Thank you Orikson for the information by the way I probably wouldn't have noticed it myself, derp...

Edit. Replying via phone

Computer::  Allright'y! So, it should work now as intended, again thank you Orikson. I probably wouldn't have noticed that for sometime...  So, redownload if you wish, otherwise, this will not break saves and will be a silent fix, as it's really quite small.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:24:58 AM by Azmond »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2016, 05:50:21 AM »

Yep, the Version Checker check shows the correct version now. Thanks for this minor fix!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29