Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Poll closed

Closed
- 0 (0%)
Closed
- 0 (0%)
closed
- 0 (0%)
Sorry
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 01:20:16 PM

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Old Metelson Industries :: Important Update 03/12/2024  (Read 299297 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: The cogs turn once agian! a2.70 8/11/16
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2016, 01:27:43 PM »

Would it be not possible to make them more static like the rings, so they affect performance less? At least in Corvus mode in Nexerelin, I can swear I have seen really large asteroid belts, but I did not feel the game getting much worse when around them. I mean.. it is the Rock Citadel and all.
Ignorance is bliss..

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: The cogs turn once agian! a2.70 8/11/16
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2016, 01:55:19 PM »

I'll make one large ring, though I don't think anyone has had an issue yet... but to avoid it in hindsight, I'll make one belt moving and another large on static. I'll mess around with it. Time for work now.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: The cogs turn once agian! a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »

After a few months of tinkering and elsewise!
I finally have a release for all of you that I feel will work (or at least fix some issues with the mod and make it more fun to play.)
Metelson Industries 2.80!
  • Updated Rock
  • Added 1 new Rostor-Field and updated the Rostor Field itself
  • Descriptions have been updated and all items have a blurb
  • Added 2 new ships and updated a few graphics. Notably the flag, Crests, and a ship or two. 

This will likely break saves
Anywho! have fun and enjoy the mod folks!
Download now~!
^!^!^ DOWNLOAD THE MOD ^!^!^
Nexerelin COMPATIBLE / LAZYLIB NOT REQUIRED

Silent hot-fix (mostly a grammar fix that was much needed...) Redownload if you want better sentences. xD

Hotfix 9/14/16:  Issue discovered with Thrudgelmir ship system. Burn-drive given in place of it. Redownload.
Heavy Rostor feild tooled to generate less-flux to be more compatible with smaller ships with weaker flux-capacities. (mainly the Varingur)

Hotfix 10/8/2016:
ADDED VERSION CHECKER FINALLY!!!
Redownload, uploaded the wrong files on the 5th. Should work fine now!
I also edited the MillerAC to have "1" Mining Strength. weaker than the Mining-laser, but still mining capable.
Reason being is, that it's meant to break rock up and does so differently than the mining laser.
For those who're curious as to what Metelson has.
it's the
Light Maser
Mining Lance
and now the Miller AC

Also made the switch to bit-bucket for one-click downloading! :)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:54:20 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: Ship Catalog up! :) a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2016, 08:09:35 AM »

Monthly little update is all. No content release, more of a say on whats going on.
School has started for me and I'll be focusing on that a little more. In fact, quiet a lot more. But, that doesn't mean I won't still be working on the mod. Likely it means I'll be lagging behind things and coming out with a release a little while after the Giants have had their turn in the waters.
(EG Interstellar Impereium, THI, Black-Rock, SHI)

With the Scrap and Debris being in the game, as well as other objects. I'll be spending my time thinking of weapon-designs, Ship designs, and possibly- with some help or just Trail an error and disect Vanillia information. Some more Abilities... A dream really that one, but, one I want to aim for.
Elsewise, Some hull-mods to increase Scrap-gathering on Combat ships at a cost of something else would be good, (perhaps armor to make a hole for the Equipment? maybe with the primitive Fighter-bay you can have more fighters per-bay. Simply it takes longer to get them out on the feild?)

Either way... I'm off for now. Going to work on an assignment or two and then goof-off for a bit. All work an no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Metadane

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: ADDED VERSION CHECKER FINALLY!!! a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2016, 08:29:36 AM »

Love you.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2016, 02:19:14 AM »

Hey Az. The miller autocannon in the description (and everywhere) says it's a mining weapon. It doesn't have a mining strength, however. Not sure if it's deliberate or not.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 08, 2016, 05:44:41 AM »

Just reporting:

74421 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [metelson.version] resource, not found

I'm not sure what's wrong, but what I found was rather interesting.

It apparently has something to do with Version Checker mod. Deactivating the mod prevented the crash from happening.

I've tested Metelson with other mods. It's fine as long as Version Checker is off.

Even when activating only Metelson together with Version Checker (and TwigLib of course), the game will crash once the loading bar is full.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »

Hey Az. The miller autocannon in the description (and everywhere) says it's a mining weapon. It doesn't have a mining strength, however. Not sure if it's deliberate or not.

Being forgetfull really on my part. The Cannon- in description -is yes intented to have some minig capability. But it's main goal isn't to mine so much as it is to break the rock and Material that lasers might have issues melting through that a simple kentic-round wouldn't. (something volitiale for instance)
I'll edit the Confg files i have for nex as well and give it the same Mining Strength as the std. Mining Laser in-game.

As for the error Mr.K
...  (testing the mod on my end) ...
it may be that I have uploaded the wrong files, as Metelson's comes up fine.
I'm sorry if this has caused any sort of damage towards your save, it shouldn't have.
Otherwise I'll have an update shortly folks... and test the Version-checker in a way.

the public file is missing some of the updated Content I'm holding back for the next major SS release. So, while some have Access to the development file, that's usually only Viymese (my brother) and a select few when I'm looking to get feed-back or elsewise.So, juggling things around I neglected to add the needed files that VC needs to work with metelson. It had the Config, just not the version file.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:57:46 AM by Azmond »

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2016, 06:53:44 PM »

Sure, I don't mind waiting. There's no problem with my save files, I usually delete all of them because I restart constantly.

Waiting for the next major SS update is a good move I say, as it will definitely break a number of stuff while giving us more to play with (and work with if we're a modder).
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

Either way, if anyone has had issues with this current build. Please let me know and give a log file if need be. Hopefully now it'll work as intended. ^ ^

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2016, 09:55:28 PM »

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-! MISSLES FOR YA' FACE~!

I'm having fun with proto-types really... heh. regardless, count this as a Teaser for things to come with the new content release of SS- whenever it comes out this next/end of year. ^ ^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:10:00 PM by Azmond »

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

Is the Securi supposed to have a 90 degree shield with an upkeep of 360 flux per second (1.2)?
Cause that's pretty rough, even with temporal shell and Metelson ships having thicker armor than most others.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2016, 12:43:35 AM »

Yes, as the ship itself is slightly faster and quite deadly when piloted correctly. It looses a flux-war with a standard medusa, and can easily be overwhelmed, even by an aggressive captain on a suicide-boat (read Luddy Cerberus).
 However with distractions or with apt piloting, can do well.

it has more armor than the medusa, can turn faster than the Enforcer, and has decent speed compared to the two of them without Systems activated. So the shield will stay as it is. Though, I will bump it's speed up to live up to engines it has. looking through a few others things, values will change slightly.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: Fixxin' m'crap... a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgI33afRM_M

I need to fix things... So, as an apology for those who have had to deal with my broken crap. I'll be shipping out a release with some new content and redone sprites. As shown, the Heavy CMG has lost it's Cartoony shape and is more like what you might think with a combat weapon. it also looks rather nice on the varingur...

So... Expect a release within the month or two... I'd like to make sure it all clicks if'n you please.

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Metelson industries: Fixxin' m'crap... a2.80 9/3/16
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2016, 05:23:10 AM »

Video is private, I guess you wanted unlisted instead? edit: yay you fixed

And don't worry too much about the time, I'm really happy you recovered after that lost-progress hiccup.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:55:24 AM by Phearlock »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29