Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626895 times)

martinw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.5d
« Reply #645 on: December 25, 2015, 01:28:32 PM »

Although a awesome mod with great looking effects and sounds, god damm their ships are powerfull. My fleet of all sorts of death was wiped out by a carrier and some smaller support ships. Couldnt get trough their special shield no matter what I threw at it :/ There is a giant gap between their ships and whatever is out there in other mods atm.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 25, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »

Indeed, they are a faction to be feared and to be overpowered and hated by all faction, while it of course hates all factions. Their weapons are highly destructive, with drawback being them needing a lot of Ordnance Points and they use a lot of flux. Of course their ship are made to be able to handle that and be overpowered like their weapons.

If anything they are a slow painful death. The larger ships of their are really show, although Paladin does has a dash attack (I really wanted to call it that). But I know after fighting them, that in battles with them I should not take anything but cruisers and capital ships, that of course are badass.

But this faction is made for one reason "To annihilate anything that gets close to them."

Amusingly enough in 0.65.2a in the handful of playthrough I had with Nexerelin, they were one of the first factions to get destroyed, thus I never met them until I played a modded 0.7.1a game... I was glad I did not meet them before XD
Ignorance is bliss..

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 25, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »

Finding those Teuton wings in the old save file certainly couldn't have been a coincidence, as i have been noticing more Templar equipment used in standard fleets. SS+ fleets.

Examples being in just a few fights i noticed a Blackrock fleet had a Jesuit, and the last Tri-Tachyon fleet i fought had an Alastor equipped with a single Clarent mrm. am i just the luckiest dude ever, or have they become more common? not saying it is a bad thing, but it certainly scared me shitless and i started having flashbacks when the Clarent came screaming at me in my Scythe.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 26, 2015, 10:40:04 PM »

Continuous weapons (beams and storm needler) do not autofire consistently against templar ships, which greatly lowers their efficiency. I'm not talking about invulnerable moment slightly before priwen burst, they just pause fire like once per second. (0.9.5d)

Blaank

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 27, 2015, 12:07:36 AM »

Mayorate Del Archziel fit with two Roland Systems is the most OP thing.  Dirt cheap to deploy and can take out fleets by itself and even those giant hubships.  Most OP thing is SCY Nemian Lion with 3 Roland Systems.

You may want to consider more strict fitting to Templar ships because anything with a large missile slot has become a game winner without the deployment costs of the pally.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #650 on: December 27, 2015, 02:57:13 AM »

Continuous weapons (beams and storm needler) do not autofire consistently against templar ships, which greatly lowers their efficiency. I'm not talking about invulnerable moment slightly before priwen burst, they just pause fire like once per second. (0.9.5d)

That's because they use phase-triggered systems.  I'll probably have to do a major rewrite specifically to fix this.

Until then, fight Martyrs and Teutons.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #651 on: December 27, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »

You may want to consider more strict fitting to Templar ships because anything with a large missile slot has become a game winner without the deployment costs of the pally.

There is basically nothing I can do about this.  Huge flux cost to fire?  Still probably wouldn't be enough.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 27, 2015, 03:15:15 AM »

That's because they use phase-triggered systems.  I'll probably have to do a major rewrite specifically to fix this.

Until then, fight Martyrs and Teutons.

After trying to pilot a templar ship myself, I see that merely trying to use uncharged priwen burst interrupts beams. Martyrs and Teutons don't cause this problem.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 03, 2016, 04:20:26 AM »

A Large version of the Longinus Laser please which can compete with the Autopulse laser :)

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 03, 2016, 05:43:36 AM »

A Large version of the Longinus Laser please which can compete with the Autopulse laser :)

Single medium version is already enough to create no fighers/frigates allowed zone around your ship.
No reason to take any more though, since it's an inefficient soft flux hog and can't be used as primary weapon.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 03, 2016, 07:41:25 AM »

Single medium version is already enough to create no fighers/frigates allowed zone around your ship.
No reason to take any more though, since it's an inefficient soft flux hog and can't be used as primary weapon.
I still want a large version of it :)
Other topic: Shouldnt you comission to get the best Templar ships/weapons? Feels a bit cheating to just massacre everybody at a Holy Crusade and get rep that way. I mean really everybody should hate you when you get your hands on those ships AND weapons (like how every other major faction military market work).

-Hey where did you get those new shiny weapons and ships?
-Oh nowhere special Im just best buddies with the Templars and sold me some stuff. I like you guys too tho no worries.
-WHAAAT? You are buddies with the Templars who massacre everybody in the sector? Die die die.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 03, 2016, 07:47:22 AM »

-Oh nowhere special Im just best buddies with the Templars and sold me some stuff. I like you guys too tho no worries.
-WHAAAT? You are buddies with the Templars who massacre everybody in the sector? Die die die.

Well unless you captured the ships.

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 03, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »

Capturing and salvaging equipment is fine. As I said in my little dialogue buying them without any repercussion is the problem imo.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 03, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

Capturing and salvaging equipment is fine. As I said in my little dialogue buying them without any repercussion is the problem imo.

yeah, I read that wrong. my bad!

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 03, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »

I love capturing their ships. haven't managed to capture a carrier though, ever, even though they are relatively easy for me to destroy when i am prepared. [ i am totally suggesting you buff them in some way ]
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71