Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626871 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9.4g
« Reply #450 on: July 05, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »

Just a small bugfix, and some cleaned up code.  Also, Corvus Mode.

Download The Knights Templar 0.9.4g
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.0b)
(Requires ShaderLib Beta v1.07) (Updated)
(Supported by Starsector+ 2.8.1)
(Supported by Nexerelin 0.4.2) (Updated)

We also recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Note: This mod uses custom shader effects.  If you suffer performance issues, adjust or disable these effects in Templars/data/config/templarShaders.json

Change Log
Version 0.9.4g
- Resolved rare null pointer crash
- Corvus Mode supported

Axolotl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] The Knights Templar v0.9.4g
« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2015, 11:21:46 AM »

Thank you for the update :)

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 06, 2015, 01:30:06 PM »

Hi Dark.revenant,

Many thanks, Arondight should no longer crash when it fires ;-)

Once again, Starsector + shaderlib + starsector+ + Knights Templar = stat of the art for such a game !!!

See you for another updates ;-)

Eternity out

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2015, 01:52:15 AM »

How do you guys fight templars? I tried to jump on them with my own three paladins (they have three as well), the battle proceeded as an endless exchange of Priwin Bursts at melee range with weapons of either side completely disabled, eventually they all holy charge and clump up in one big cluster, and at the end of the day all of the paladins died.  :'(

The worst is when I encounter an archbishop and hoping to overwhelm it with just paladins, but every time I get swarmed by Teuton wings with their clarents. I wish I could get a few of those on my own side but I can't find anywhere to buy them (except maybe the templar base Antioch but they are vengeful towards me).  :-\

On a side note, I find combat 10 paragons to be far more dangerous than paladins, their fortress shield literally tanks everything.

Axolotl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »

My favorite technique is get in an Onslaught with 3 mjolnirs, 2 hypervelos at the back and 4 reaper launchers rest is point defense against the clarents.
I usually pick augmented engines and maneuvering jets.
After each priven bursts, their shields are down, which means they are dead to 3-4 torpedos.
I can take on a lot of crusaders, and 2-3 paladins in the same battle with this ship alone. (if you make a mistake you are dead tho.)

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:21 PM »

wow that sounds really cool 10/10 will try if I get the chance
It kind of reminds me how I destroyed the first paladin
I followed it closely with my afflictor and after it used priwin burst I launched four reapers at once and killed it

I think the main problem is that I am sitting at combat 5 while all the templar fleets are maxed 10/10/10
was going for leadership and technology first a good idea? I mean I can capture enemy ships relatively easy but it is a real pain to get to that combat 10

EDIT: another question, where can I find a ROLAND system?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:11:32 AM by shingekinolinus »

Axolotl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 07, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »

10 Combat is not a necessity for this to work, but it is really nice quality of life improvement. ROLAND is a large missile weapon, some paladins have it.

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 18, 2015, 10:49:31 PM »

I thought my fleet was unbeatable after managing to put together 5 paladins at the cost of sub-par logistics, but after seeing this...what the serious f***

WARNING: LARGE IMAGE AHEAD
Spoiler

[close]

Apparently this "Patriarch Irwin" has a fleet of SIX paladins, EIGHT crusaders, as well as an archbishop and numerous martyrs.
How do I even...I mean, even if I were to assemble a fleet that big, I would have a logistics of around 20 - 30%
Is this the ULTIMATE end game challenge? If so, is there a way to beat this? Or do I have to wait a long time for it to get whittled down by the sacrifice of many other fleets (such as the galactic purification fleet).

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2015, 04:31:02 AM »

Eh.

Honesty i don't see how to beat this in a "legit and honorable" way. Personally i would deploy ships one by one and transfer command to them as flagship, hoping to take down as many Templars until death, then deploying the second flagship. Pretty sure a few Gauss Karkinos would works well in this case. The teleporter would be good at kiting.

Otherwise, a few gazillion pilums launcher will do the trick. Shoot, retreat, repeat. Maybe add an Afflictor to bait the clarents if there's any.

But with Templars ships? Yeah, nah, don't approach that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:10:51 AM by HELMUT »

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2015, 02:32:55 AM »

Gauss Karkinos hmm...that might actually work.
* meanwhile, kills pirates furiously to recover relation with blackrock *

The problem is, while I think that the gauss cannon + kiting/teleport combination can be extremely powerful against templars, I don't see how one can actually finish them off once they're weakened, like usually when their flux goes high they just hide behind other ships and vent.

I don't know if mass pilum will work, because I've seen in templar vs imperium, despite the imperium using a lot of heavy ballista, which is a large missile weapon each equivalent to three or four pilums, missiles flooding the screen, but the lattice shield matrix just takes it like it's nothing.

I could use an afflictor to harass the enemy, and possibly launch a reaper or two at a high flux ship, but the priwin burst is really annoying when it causes flameout despite the fact I am in p-space. (is this a bug or a feature?)

Come to think of it, I think one can beat this (relatively easily) through the use of ROLANDs, like a LOT of them. I remember this large missile weapon to be extremely powerful, in one of the battles, I had three paladins against one enemy paladin with a ROLAND, and this weapon turned the tides. I could put two on each of the conquests, that's a maximum of 8 * 4 * 1000 burst energy damage, with a 75% hit rate. Then I could charge in with a single paladin/paragon and hold them back and tank the hits, while energy missiles tear them apart. The problem is however ROLANDs are so rare I've only encountered them in battle once or twice, and none of them have been actually salvaged.

On a side note, is there any way I could actually develop a positive relation with templars? Not that I approve their crusade in any way, but I just really want to get their weapons (fractal laser / ROLAND) and fighters (teuton wing).

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »

Ballistas aren't as good as Pilums in some case. Pilums tends to clump and stack over each other, which works very well against Templars as once their armor have been breached, most of your missiles will directly reach the exposed hull. Ballistas tends to spread too much for this. On the other hand, Ballistas aren't as vulnerable to flak weapons but Templars don't use those anyway.

ROLAND spam can work too but the ships able to mount them are too expensive to be fielded in sufficient number. You can have like... What? 4 or 5 Conquests with stretched logistic? Not sure it would works against this fleet.

Another dirty idea, a pair of Astral with a pair of ROLAND on each one and the rest filled with Teutons smiter for maximum missile spam. Of course, you'll need to help the Templars in their crusade to grind the reputation to get their toys.

If you play Nexerelin, perhaps the Prism freeport have them though.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2015, 04:39:52 AM »

Prism Freeport (both Nex and Scy versions) doesn't sell Templar items.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »

Prism Freeport (both Nex and Scy versions) doesn't sell Templar items.
Because that would be too easy...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Requal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 20, 2015, 12:23:23 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this mod a little strange.
Templars in space on a divine mission? lol
Doesn't space mean there is no heaven.

Good job nontheless but this mod is just pure fantasy rather than scifi which kills the immersion.
For me at least.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 20, 2015, 12:45:25 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this mod a little strange.
Templars in space on a divine mission? lol
Doesn't space mean there is no heaven.

Good job nontheless but this mod is just pure fantasy rather than scifi which kills the immersion.
For me at least.
If what you said was true there shouldn't be any religion left since 1961... Besides, who said they are Christians and not another religion sharing a similar iconography (there are plenty of those already)? And even if they are, what that religion will be like in one thousand years? And what about the Luddic church then?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 12:46:56 PM by Tartiflette »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71