Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Knights Templar 0.9.8f  (Read 626883 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] The Knights Templar
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 01:49:06 AM »

That's amazing.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »

A question, do shield piercing weapons like the CIGEN or Ether Driver go through the Matrix of Templar ships?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »

Nope!  Bwahahahahaha.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Mysterious Beam Weapons
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »

The Knights Templar have been seen using these deadly weapons. These beams are beyond anything we've encountered before. We know not where they got this technology from, but whatever they intend to use it for will be disastrous for us.

Rhon Laser

This beam weapon resembles a classic laser weapon, but is far more powerful than should be physically possible. Useful for swift, precise strikes.

The Rhon Laser is misnamed because it is not a laser at all, but rather some kind of phased emission sent through a complicated crystal assembly. Moreover, the central crystal that is used to produce the beam does not appear naturally in the universe, and all attempts to synthesize one have failed. Researchers hypothesize that these so-called "Force Crystals" may have been used by their alien creators for a variety of tasks, including industrial cutting, power generation, and personal combat.

Longinus Heavy Laser

Immensely powerful for its size, this weapon produces a focused beam capable of overwhelming shields and melting straight through armor plates.

Thought to be the most intense beam weapon in existence, the Longinus Heavy Laser is not a laser at all, but rather a phased emission sent through an arcane crystal assembly. Moreover, the central crystal that is used to produce the beam does not appear naturally in the universe, and all attempts to synthesize one have failed. Researchers hypothesize that these so-called "Force Crystals" may have been used by their alien creators for a variety of tasks, including industrial cutting, power generation, and personal combat.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:50:12 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »

Can't wait to capture one of these monster ships.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 02:13:34 AM »

I'm getting a Illuminati in space vibe here...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Holy Strike Fighters
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »

Long have these wings of fighters plagued our shipping routes and mining fleets and even our war fleets, large and small.  Do not underestimate these wings, lest you die in the coldness of space.

Teuton-class Fighter

Heavily-defended and well-armed, the Teuton-class is an extremely dangerous fighter capable of withstanding capital-grade weapons and retaliating in kind. Teutons are found in many configurations, differentiated by the choice of primary weapon fitted on each fighter.

The Knights Templar exclusively use the Teuton-class fighter as auxiliary craft. Featuring a side-mount Clarent MRM, defensive Carnwennan Mono-Beam, and a modular main cannon, this fighter fuses strike, space superiority, and assault capabilities into one powerful frame. Commanders are cautioned to employ at least one cruiser-sized vessel dedicated to point defense when operating in known Templar raiding zones, specifically to deal with the extreme threat these fighters represent.

Unlike most other ships used by The Knights Templar, the Teuton-class fighter lacks the Priwen Burst Shield, in favor of the Almace Burst system, which is more appropriate for smaller vessels lacking sufficient flux capacity to unleash a strong Priwen blast.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »

I gotta get off my lazy butt and make a large flak for Citadel to deal with such nasty fighters! Of course, the Nova's Supernova array can destroy dozens of fighters in one volley...

Aside from the shameless self promotion, when do you estimate there to be a downloadable version?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 10:32:28 PM »

I gotta get off my lazy butt and make a large flak for Citadel to deal with such nasty fighters! Of course, the Nova's Supernova array can destroy dozens of fighters in one volley...

Aside from the shameless self promotion, when do you estimate there to be a downloadable version?
I can't think of any PD weapon capable of easily destroying these.  The shield and hull regen makes them last a long time...

Also, the mod will have a download when it's done.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 11:05:16 PM »

Obviously we'll have to scale down the Neutrino Phased Array Cannon into a PD form.

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 11:19:12 PM »

Currently  ether zorg handlers or Nhilic void pd is the best small energy pd for those beasts. (Void is almost as long range and super efficient)
Best ballistic pd is probably bravitan, 'cause some is right on the borderline between pd and non.

I dislike that as they are uncapturable they are unattainable. Makes me sad.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 12:20:51 AM »

I would suspect that the best tactic would likely be massed missile salvos :-X

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Excalibur Drive
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 03:22:21 AM »

Beware the death throes of Templar ships; they have claimed many proud lives in their moments of victory.

Valkyrian Heavy Cruiser shown in this zoomed-out image, for scale.

Excalibur Drive
Vast reactor output and alien design methodologies give The Knights Templar major advantages over Domain-level tech. For their ships, vent rates are increased, EMP damage is reduced, engines are shielded and redundant, weapon systems are overcharged for maximum output efficiency, sensors are upgraded, and hull can self-repair up to a certain level. However, these changes eliminate the possibility of gaining a zero-flux boost to engine power.

Due to the titanic energies involved in the Excalibur Drive Reactor, these ships have a tendency to critically detonate when disabled, destroying the ship utterly and inflicting major damage on nearby objects.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:24:38 AM by Dark.Revenant »

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 03:33:44 AM »

Hence being non-capturable eh?
That thing looks scary.

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »

Was it non-capturable? I was under the impression you can capture them, and loot there weapons,but not buy there weapons or ships anywhere. However I might be getting them mixed up with something else.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71