Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [2Q] disable weapon damage fx and disable weapon animation when not ready  (Read 2033 times)

maximilianyuen

• Captain
    • View Profile

Having a ship size weapon graphic and got 2 simple but irritating problems:

So this is what suppose to happen and most of the time it works as intended:

1) when the weapon is damage/disabled, it got some tiny white lightning flash on small turret... but for this the damage is scaled up to a whole screen lightning flash (screen cap to be added a bit later)...
So would like to simple disable it if possible

2) the animation will start when you click fire, even when the weapon is not ready: when it's out of ammo or when it's cooling down.

is this a bug that need to report or I missing something?

Thanks in advance :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:42:00 AM by maximilianyuen »
Fleet construction in progress.

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile

Alex has posted about the animation when he was asked about the assault chaingun, the barrels rotate even when it cannot fire and this is working as intended, for other slower firing weapons though it is a problem.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile

For the alway playing animation, you can reduce the problem by using a script that make it animate only on charge-up (I have plenty of them in my mod, but the closer one to your is the Siren main gun if you want to take a look at the script) There still will be some trouble when the weapon is out of ammo, but at least it won't animate on cooldown. And for the sparkles I'd suggest cutting your weapon in three small parts instead of one huge one, then make the two botom parts decoratives with a script to play their animation only when the main one animate.