Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] EVE Mod  (Read 83927 times)

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] EVE Mod
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 11:43:16 AM »

Are you gonna add Dreadnought and Titans too? That would be awesome anyway

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »

tokmak333, I plan at least to add dreadnoughts. But at the moment I can't think of a special role for them. Really, battleships in the current version are very powerful and rather slow. Adding more powerful and slower dreadnoghts won't be that cool, you know, nothing special... Battleships can already deal even with toughest capital ships. And heavy support role is already filled by carriers. It would be great if you guys think of some specifics of this ship class applied to Starsector game mechanics, to make things more interesting.

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 01:35:29 AM »

Dreadnoughts should be, in my opinion, impregnable fortresses. While capital-class weapons would cause untold devastation, they would have such long recharge times to make them infeasible to use against much smaller ships. And if you felt like you could, perhaps, even delve into coding, then you could give the Dreadnoughts their Siege Mode ability from EVE as a system. This would double the range(making capital-class missiles, beam lasers and rail guns stretch across the map and make even blasters into modest sniper weapons), add some fraction(probably 25%) to damage, and either double shield efficiency(Caldari, Minmatar) or start an armor regeneration system(Amarr, Minmatar), but at the cost of constantly generating flux and causing the ship to be inable to move or turn.

Also, I still say you should turn the beam lasers into burst weapons, and make the pulse lasers shorter in duration but faster.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »

Siege mode gives them longer ranges and maybe reload times on their weapons which only have say 30-60 frontal degrees firing arc but it also locks them in place like it does in Eve, no movement/turning.  Highly situational and easily defeatable unless supported.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:51:07 AM by Cosmitz »

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 01:13:10 AM »

what happend i can't even load up the game once,,, also how do i check the star sector log, i can't seem to find it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »

nickelknight, seems that you have the old version of the mod. This error existed when the mod wasn't compatible with 0.65.1a, but it was fixed long ago. Ensure that the file you downloaded is named "evemod_2.1.7z".

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 03:29:12 AM »

Started working on dreadnoughts.
Revelation with Siege mode on and off (see range of dual giga pulse lasers):

and Naglfar (quad 3500mm artillery):

Currently siege module buffs ship flux dissapation rate and weapons (range, RoF, damage) and totally immobilizes ship. It works for about 40 secs and has relatively long cooldown. This makes the dreadnought almost impossible to break while system is active. However, siege weapons are designed so that they are really inefficient without the system (VERY high flux and low range).
I ended up with this slot layout:
- 6x built-in XL siege weapons (made built-in because there is no "XL" slot size - avoid mounting these on BSs). Grouped by 3 on each side, but no frontal arcs
- 2x large frontal slots
- 2x aft medium slots for somewhat cover

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 07:03:40 AM »

Started working on dreadnoughts.
Revelation with Siege mode on and off (see range of dual giga pulse lasers):

and Naglfar (quad 3500mm artillery):

Currently siege module buffs ship flux dissapation rate and weapons (range, RoF, damage) and totally immobilizes ship. It works for about 40 secs and has relatively long cooldown. This makes the dreadnought almost impossible to break while system is active. However, siege weapons are designed so that they are really inefficient without the system (VERY high flux and low range).
I ended up with this slot layout:
- 6x built-in XL siege weapons (made built-in because there is no "XL" slot size - avoid mounting these on BSs). Grouped by 3 on each side, but no frontal arcs
- 2x large frontal slots
- 2x aft medium slots for somewhat cover

THATS Amazing!!! I hope all beam weapons shooting like pulse weapon (like in eve, have reload sec) example, tachyon beam cannon have constant fire. it keeps firing without reload. ( hope you understand that )
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:51:00 PM by tokmak333 »

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 12:54:10 PM »

nickelknight, seems that you have the old version of the mod. This error existed when the mod wasn't compatible with 0.65.1a, but it was fixed long ago. Ensure that the file you downloaded is named "evemod_2.1.7z".
ok so i did download the newer version... it's weird though becaust i download the file named 2.1.7z and it showed only 2.1 in the name... then when i go to enable the mod it says 2.0
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:58:54 PM by nickelknight »

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 04:49:57 PM »

and the "new" version is that same 2.1 version although its telling me the same thing i have only 1536mb aloted in the .json for the game could it need more data i can't give it more i only have 4gb's in my laptop and 2 of is is reserved for the onboard video card.... so i can for some reason only alot at max 1536mb.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »

Seems that I didn't change the version for the last minor patch. It doesn't matter though, the error should not be shown anyway.
As for memory, I personally have 1024Mb set in vmparams and can run the mod smoothly. I have 64bit JRE though. Do you receive an error because of memory?

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »

no, if you look in the picture i originally posted, it says something like missing hull ... minor patch? does that mean i needed the previous version in order to have the full mod? yeah it says the buffalo hull ....

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »

Seems that I didn't change the version for the last minor patch. It doesn't matter though, the error should not be shown anyway.
As for memory, I personally have 1024Mb set in vmparams and can run the mod smoothly. I have 64bit JRE though. Do you receive an error because of memory?

ok i looked at the starsector log.... yeah it says it failed to load like 10 different hull specs .... i dunno wtf is going on but i really wanted to try this eve mod since the other big mods are all old or take up too much memory like the vanilla + mod...

akeean

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 10:37:22 PM »

Hey,

great Total Conversion!

I used to play EVE way back in the day and this mod has a good feel of balance already.

That said, I hated that you could not really choose your race/starting ship tech in the new game screen, so I've been so quick to edit the rules.csv (see attachment) to enable the player to choose amarr, caldari & gallente paths of trader, smuggler and bounty hunter. Sorry, no Minmatar or Sanshas yet, I just started out toying with SC's files and found the rules not that easy to modify, at least the rules part...

After finishing this I got enough grasp on this to add the Minmatar, but will only do so if asked. Oh, and feel free to package that file with your mod (It's based on the version that's compatible with 0.65.1a), no credit needed, I'm happy to give a little back to you for the considerable work you did here.

Cheers!

[attachment deleted by admin]

nickelknight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »

that's nice i did play eve i went with a few different factions because i played multiple times with a few different friends.

but seriously i don't know why it won't work just that it won't load that ship's hull and that is a major problem if your download for the newest version of the mod is not longer working.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8