Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097523 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Scy V1.62 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #1320 on: April 29, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »

Solution: Use advanced turret gyros if you want to use them as PD. (I mean, with PDAI they are the best anti-missile weapon in the game bar none, you gotta pay a premium for that kind of performance)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 08:05:01 AM by Tartiflette »

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 29, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »

Yes, I was using advanced turret gyros, this doesn't help. The nano needlers no longer function as effective point defense because they never actually fire

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 29, 2021, 09:10:13 AM »

I ran several tests and I didn't see any notable difference from 0.9.1a. Unless you are facing significantly faster-than-vanilla modded missiles.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Scy V1.64rc4 (2021/04/29)
« Reply #1323 on: April 29, 2021, 01:20:26 PM »

Time for a more thorough update to adapt to the new meta:

. More balance changes, a lot of buffs to logistic ships and small/medium weapons.     
    . The near removal of the Singularity Torpedo that has always been troublesome.     
    . Many bug fixes, including several memory leaks. (Thanks Wisp, Nick, Prav, Jaghaimo and the others that took time to answer my questions on memory management)     
    . Some slight code optimization.     
    . All weapons have been redrawn to be properly displayed sharp in the game.

Changelog

Singularity Torpedo:
   . Removed from all variants and from Scy's available blueprints.
   . It is now only available from rare salvage, and will probably be moved to Seeker/TaDA at some point along the Light Plating, Reactive Armor and Economical Maintenance hullmods.

BALANCING:

- Phased Missile Launcher: Ammo increased to 15 from 12.

- Cluster Torpedo Launcher: Ammo increased to 10 from 6.

- Arc Missile:
   . Hp raised to 400 from 200,
   . Damage stats messed with (but not the arcs),
   . Rack OP cost lowered to 3 from 4.

- KAcc mk.1:
   . Damage per shot reduced to 150 from 160,
   . DPS increased to 150 from 140,
   . Flux to fire reduced to 165 from 173.
   . Overall slightly more efficient with a cleaner stat card, fits better as a third alternative between the Railgun and LDA.

- KAcc mk.2:
   . Flux to fire reduced to 480 from 500,
   . Now fires in bursts of 2 rounds.
   . A smidgen more flux efficient, half the burst damage of the Heavy Needler, but a decent armor pen and causes very long overloads.

- KAcc mk.3: DPS increased to 333 Kinetic dmg/s from 300.

- HEMor mk.1: Flux to fire reduced to 210 from 235.

- HEMor mk.2: Flux to fire reduced to 600 from 700.

- Light Energy Blaster: Flux to fire reduced to 360 from 400.

- Most PD weapons received the NO_TURN_BOOST_WHILE_IDLE tag with adjusted turn rates.

- Balius-class freighter: Cargo capacity increased to 350 from 250.

- Balius-class tanker: Fuel capacity increased to 600 from 500.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Restored Nexerelin random mode compatibility for 0.95a.
 - Fixed *many* memory leaks. (Can't say how significant they were, but every bit helps I suppose)
 - Slight code optimization.
 - Fixed some typos here and there.
 - Cross-mods compatibilities updated.
 - Every single weapon was redrawn to ensure they are displayed sharp in the game. Lots of reworked muzzle and glow effects.
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 1.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 09:17:37 AM by Tartiflette »

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 29, 2021, 01:51:35 PM »

I have now tested with several different ships both vanilla and modded, against several different types of missiles both vanilla and modded, with integrated point defense + advanced turret gyros and without, my results:

Without integrated point defense nano needlers almost never even track or target missiles
(example test condition: Erythmium boar with only added nano needlers, integrated point defense, advanced turret gyros, vs dominator firing annihilator rockets; remove the integrated point defense and the needlers will only target the dominator, not the rockets)
The spinup time on the needlers means by the time they start firing the missile is usually already hitting (this is tested against simple annihilator rockets)
On non-scy ships the nano needlers will often just track targets without spinning up let alone firing (I think this might be a turret arc issue with missiles coming in too close to the limit of the arc - its not an issue with other PD but it seems to hurt the nano needlers for some reason)
Only on scy ships do the needlers seem to kind of work

Suggestions:
Nano needlers need either a faster spinup time or imo a better option- to keep firing between targets like other beams do - the constant on/off they do means they rarely shoot targets in contrast with other point defense.

I found that the burst PD laser did a much much better job shooting missiles for lower OP cost (did not need integrated point defense or advanced gyros to even be semi-effective and cost only 1 more per turret) as well as even just simple flak, mostly because the instant hit allowed the shots to actually hit missiles. The nano needlers are just spending all their time tracking, aiming, spinning up, instead of actually firing.

I can't take videos of all this because my recording software can't hook into the game, but its night and day difference, the nano needlers are full stop either not functioning or barely functioning.

If you could post video of them working, I would like to see it so I can compare to what I'm seeing in my game and point out the differences.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 01:55:56 PM by Euripides »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 29, 2021, 02:33:32 PM »

Without IPDAI the miniguns do not target missiles at all. They just aren't PD weapons. They have a spinup of .5s which is actually lower than the time a lot of beams take to travel so on that front they aren't worse of either. I do not have any control on their tendency to switch target or stop firing, that would have to be reported to Alex.

But in the end, Miniguns aren't a PD weapon, they are an anti-fighter one. Skills and hullmods combined makes them very good as PD, but that's not their intended role.

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 29, 2021, 04:31:40 PM »

I just don't understand the use case of this weapon given all of what you've said.

Other PD weapons will kill fighters all the same but also target missiles and almost universally do this for lower OP cost on an individual basis before even considering hull mods which the vast majority of PD weapons don't even need.

Simply put, trying to use Needlers as a point defense weapon means paying 2-3x as many OP as comparable weapons for marginal if any performance improvement. Just to get Needlers on the same playing field as all other point defense, you have to add the integrated point defense hull mod, but then if I'm using that why would I use Needlers and not one of the many other small turrets that would be even deadlier against missiles and fighters and don't normally target them?

And this is before getting into the issues I am seeing with Nano needlers have extremely unreliable tracking and shooting.

On paper the DPS and beam mechanics make them sound amazing for PD, but in actual practice they are completely outdone by vanilla PD weapons at nearly half their OP cost; directly contrary to your statement that they are the best possible PD weapon in the game. That's honestly all I can say on it, as you are convinced these are amazing and perfect, but I keep trying to use them and routinely find almost any other PD weapon being better - not just because they don't need hull mods to work, but also because they reliably track and shoot missiles, which I had assumed was a bug but it seems the needlers are 'working' as intended.

That's as much feedback as I can give.

MelGibsonsSon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 29, 2021, 10:28:48 PM »

The question is... do I go striped or non-striped...

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 01, 2021, 05:56:11 AM »

Hey, I was reading the conundrum over SCY ship militarization on Discord:

Is it possible to tweak the base values to simulate militarized subsystems on a base hull, or does that violate some aspect of balance?

Of course, it's also possible to go ahead with removing the logistics ships and get that ship-system/inbuilt singularity torpedo ship discussed earlier ITT.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Scy V1.64rc5 (2021/05/02)
« Reply #1329 on: May 02, 2021, 09:17:50 AM »

Hot-ish fix for a few remaining issues:

- Nemean Lion system now behaves properly under AI control.
 - Acheron's generation tweaked so that there is no longer so much empty space with the next procgen system.
 - Miniguns no longer listed as benefiting from energy modifiers (they still do, but the mount type shenanigans broke the refit screen).
 - Hopefully plugged the last memory leak from Scy.
 - Added Civilian and fake Militarized Subsystems hullmods built-in to all civies, as a horribly convoluted workaround to the skill thresholds issue.

Earliest save compatible version: 1.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 02, 2021, 11:13:43 AM »

Hi, I downloaded your update today and decided to start a new game and I am receiving a reproducable CTD and this error is in the logs. I have a ton of other mods installed but all fresh. Rolling back to 1.64RC4 and all works OK.

1288069 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.SCY_modPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(SCY_modPlugin.java:139)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "raccoonarms",
  "lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "Csp",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "diableavionics",
  "fluffships",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "GrandColonies",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hte",
  "hostileIntercept",
  "IndEvo",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "kingdomofterra",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "ArkLeg",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingships",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "rotcesrats",
  "roider",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "exalted",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "US",
  "vayrashippack",
  "WEAPONARCS",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
]}
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:27:45 AM by Bishi »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 02, 2021, 12:08:24 PM »

That's weird... Unless you are playing Nexerelin in random mode?
[edit] A re-download should fix it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:08:50 PM by Tartiflette »

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Scy V1.64rc6 (2021/05/02)
« Reply #1332 on: May 02, 2021, 02:58:37 PM »

Yep, sorted now. Thank you :)

zergline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 04, 2021, 12:36:25 PM »

I am still playing v0.91a game and mod.
Why my missile cruisers always want to get closer to the enemy and use their point defense fire to the enemy ships? Yes, the missile cruisers still use missiles but always try to get as close as they can use their PD to reach the enemy ships. I check they are all vanilla PD weapons.
I remember the AI in the old version not act like this (the version in which the missile cruiser still has 2 big missile slots).

edit: I use a 1500 range mid slot mod weapon from Interstellar Imperium to replace the mid PD, cruisers act better now.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 01:22:17 PM by zergline »

danando123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 04, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »

does anyone know if there is a huge ship set? or if you can use them all together(seperate download for each shipset/faction)

ALso nice work on Scy
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98