Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097635 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Scy V1.62 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #1305 on: March 27, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »

Quick update for Starsector 0.95a. It doesn't leverage any of the new features yet, but should work fine nonetheless.

Earliest save compatible version: 1.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Bragondas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 07, 2021, 01:01:28 PM »

What the hell are thoses vortex that just deny your fleet? Got a bounty, 2 siege carrier, and well. Unplayable.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 07, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »

What the hell are thoses vortex that just deny your fleet? Got a bounty, 2 siege carrier, and well. Unplayable.
Yeah I need to lower their fire-rate quite a bit, and make them rarer.

Bragondas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 07, 2021, 11:35:04 PM »

Isnt easy to come up with good ability idea, and that starcraft like stuff is appealing. But in a game where you take care of your precious fleet that you cannot change as you want, especially if you didnt started colony yet. Having power that can impact a whole fleet seems out of balance. That sad, because the design of the ships is nice.
Starsector look like more of a game where you have to think ship versus ship, rather than ship versus fleet.

That was my bits of thoughts, thank for your work and have a great day ^^

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 07, 2021, 11:46:22 PM »

Those were the singularity torpedoes weapon: you can intercept them and they have a very limited range, so it's not like you can't defend yourself against them (actually the best defense would be to manually fly a frigate into one torpedo while it is still in the middle of the enemy fleet). Their issue is that their effect stacks too well, and having more than one launcher means that once you miss a first torpedo, the next one will be sucked by the vortex, then the next one etc leading to a cascading event. Therefore the simple solution would be to make them rare enough that you never have to face more than one. The more dramatic solution I could implement would be to have them built-in one ship.

Bragondas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 08, 2021, 07:46:10 AM »

I'm slowly getting into understanding how fleet and weaponry work. And for the new player i'm, there is a lot of different weapunz, strategy, and fleet comp' to understand, it's quite heavy.
Trying to make things work, especially when you can't have access to the perfect fleet (access of ship and weapon: standing, planetary build etc) Those kind of weapon are just a big "nop" wall.
So I see your point, but for new player identifying that's a rocket you can intercept in the big pixel fest that is a battle x) It's another story
At first I was suggesting by limiting ammo, and also rate of fire. But yup 1 launcher per battle would be good. Because its really powerfull. And 2 launcher spamming.. Well.. It remember me when I was using cheat code on PSX when I was teen xD

I gonna try to avoid thoses fleets for now x) And also find a way to improve my fleet.

qinta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 15, 2021, 06:40:44 PM »

Some feedback on the singularity torpedo. It is a really cool concept, it looks impressive, hardly slows down my computer, but it is too overpowered at the moment. I was defending a friendly station, and it fired one of those bad boys, and half my fleet ended up being sucked into the vortex. It would not be so bad if the ai avoided the vortex, but from what I could tell the ai does not recognize it as a danger, happily propelling themselves into utter annihilation via singularity. I feel that the duration is way too long, as it presents a battlefield hazard that the ai can not handle. Lowering the vortex duration to about ten seconds, would be enough time for the vortex to pull in a few ships, and if it doesn't outright kill the last ones pulled in, that is fine.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 15, 2021, 11:19:41 PM »

There's one thing that I don't like about the built-in idea: It requires yet another new ship and I feel Scy's roaster is already leaning on the bloated side. Also a  carrier would be a terrible fit since the torpedo would suck in and kill all of its fighters reliably. I would rather keep it for a Missile boat.

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 21, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »

Crashed when running simulations and spawned the Nemean Lion.

Code
4911230 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Nemean Lion deco detection
4911230 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Left deco: SCY_WWlionARL
4911230 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Right deco: SCY_WWlionARR
4911230 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Left deco: SCY_WWlionAFL
4911230 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Right deco: SCY_WWlionAFR
4913374 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Nemean Lion modules detection
4913374 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Left module: SCY_lionFL
4913374 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Right module: SCY_lionFR
4913374 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Left module: SCY_lionRL
4913374 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Right module: SCY_lionRR
4932302 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Left module absent
4932302 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Front Right module absent
4932302 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Left module absent
4932302 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_lionAnimation  - Rear Right module absent
4973403 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_ketoMainEffect  - Found module: SCY_ketoAL
4973403 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.weapons.SCY_ketoMainEffect  - Found module: SCY_ketoAR
4973657 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.G.getSprite(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.weapons.SCY_ketoMainEffect.dot(SCY_ketoMainEffect.java:205)
at data.scripts.weapons.SCY_ketoMainEffect.advance(SCY_ketoMainEffect.java:119)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.J.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.G.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Attached crashlog and enabled_mods json, here's also an image of the mod folders as their names might be easier to interpret.
https://i.imgur.com/OrbsHYz.png

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 21, 2021, 08:38:15 AM »

Works on my end so I don't know what to say. It seems the game didn't added the modules which is weird and shouldn't happen in the simulator.

mrpeters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 21, 2021, 10:17:24 AM »

Tested again and this time it didn't crash, not sure why it happened before.

Phyinx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 28, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »

Heya. I seem to be getting a hullmod conflict crash upon booting the game on the latest version (1.64rc2). I've attached the log file, enabled mods json (+ image), let me know if you need me to grab anything else or try something. I haven't gotten this crash with the previous version (1.63).

Code
35140 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/mayasura/ships/MSS_Shikra_Elite.png (using cast)
35150 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/modules/KT_hammerhead_head.png (using cast)
35151 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/derelict/derelict_mothership_sensor_mast.png (using cast)
35202 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hound/hound_hegemony.png (using cast)
35266 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_large1_lowtech.png (using cast)
35317 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/da/ships/diableavionics_gust.png (using cast)
35319 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/SCY/ships/SCY_khalkotauroi_podB.png (using cast)
35344 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/modules/KT_pulverizer.png (using cast)
35395 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/da/ships/diableavionics_fractus.png (using cast)
35417 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/Extratential Lanestate Union/ships/xlu_uranium/xlu_uranium_side_hangar.png (using cast)
35458 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/shadow_ships/ships/seski/ms_seski_L.png (using cast)
35548 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.hullmods.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.hullmods.IncompatibleHullmodWarning]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.hullmods.IncompatibleHullmodWarning
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more

Here's the lines (plus 1 above/below) for the conflicts:
Spoiler
Code
2364 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Strikecraft Tank Batteries] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Extratential Lanestate Union/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2365 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [HULLMOD CONFLICT] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Extratential Lanestate Union/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2365 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Minor Printing Defects] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Industrial.Evolution2.0.c/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])

Code
2374 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Spatial Lensing] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Legacy of Arkgneisis/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [HULLMOD CONFLICT] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Legacy of Arkgneisis/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2375 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Monkey Model] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Legacy of Arkgneisis/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])

Code
2377 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [INTERFERENCES] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MagicLib/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2377 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [HULLMOD CONFLICT] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\MagicLib/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2377 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Battlecarrier Conversion] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Mayasuran Navy/data/hullmod

Code
2382 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Oculian Shield Emitter] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Armada/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2382 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [HULLMOD CONFLICT] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Armada/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2383 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Linked] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Armada/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])

Code
2387 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Scyan Interception Protocols] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2387 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [HULLMOD CONFLICT] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\SCY/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv])
2387 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading hullmod [Enhanced Ejector System] (source: [E:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shadowyards/data/hullmods/hull_mods.cs
[close]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:19:26 PM by Phyinx »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 28, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »

Redownload it again: it was fixed a few minutes later, but you managed to grab faster than that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:40:58 PM by Tartiflette »

Phyinx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 28, 2021, 12:38:06 PM »

Ah, yep, that fixed it! Many thanks :)

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 29, 2021, 07:57:28 AM »

Bug report:
Nano needler weapons do not fire on their targets 99% of the time

I think it is because:
1. Their turret traverse speed is too slow
2. They have a windup before firing
3. The AI tries to switch targets before the windup has completed so it doesn't ever fire

99% of the time the needlers are just switching to a target, revving up for 3 seconds, then switching to a new target without ever firing a shot. The windup means the needler will never actually fire on a missile before that missile impacts.

In practice the monogram railguns from arkgensis with integrated point defense are doing a better job of being needlers.

Especially not helped with all large turrets seemingly targeted every missile/fighter in the newest version of the game. Things that I would definitely prefer aiming at a capital ship are instead aiming at tiny fighters that the large gun can barely track.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98