Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097723 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Scy V0.98 RE-FIX! (09/12/2015)
« Reply #690 on: December 10, 2015, 02:49:24 AM »

first: beautiful mod, beautiful ships. the designs seem very straightforward and functional like something from the mind of an engineer. the drive graphics are unique.

I started a trading character and bought a Centaur freighter easily. Felt a bit overpowered -- 11 burn speed, a big weapon, economical. Seems like it should be a destroyer, not a frigate. Maybe lower the cargo space? Was there some trade off that I wasn't seeing like low flux? Maybe it shouldn't be available to civilians if it's meant to be that good.
Its main weakness is that it has paper armor and sub-par PD compared to a Hound (and an ineficient shield). Though now that I put omni shields on all ships, that's less of an issue. I might change its ship-system to Engine Jump-start then.

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 10, 2015, 04:36:35 AM »

first: beautiful mod, beautiful ships. the designs seem very straightforward and functional like something from the mind of an engineer. the drive graphics are unique.

I started a trading character and bought a Centaur freighter easily. Felt a bit overpowered -- 11 burn speed, a big weapon, economical. Seems like it should be a destroyer, not a frigate. Maybe lower the cargo space? Was there some trade off that I wasn't seeing like low flux? Maybe it shouldn't be available to civilians if it's meant to be that good.
Its main weakness is that it has paper armor and sub-par PD compared to a Hound (and an ineficient shield). Though now that I put omni shields on all ships, that's less of an issue. I might change its ship-system to Engine Jump-start then.

well, with a medium mount i'd think it can mount a pretty good PD weapon, but I do kind of see how that limits the options

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 10, 2015, 05:08:55 AM »

I't a hardpoint, not a turret, PD won't be very efficient in there.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 10, 2015, 01:21:05 PM »

Unless you run Exigency and can mount one of their medium PD missile arrays on it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 10, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »

Or SS+. But then it's not a combat ship so it's no longer a problem I guess. You can either make it survivable, or combat oriented, but not both.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 13, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »

So, is it intentional that you can mine on Elysee with nexerelin installed? i thought a big fleet of scy ships told you to stay away and to go to hephaistos if you wanted to trade  ::)

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 16, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »

Hey i dont know, if this is the right place to post his, but i got a few Exceptions when using SCY Ships, that have scy package name in them.
I thought, maybe this is helpful. (using ss 0.7.1a, ss+ 3.0.0, scy 0.98)

Spoiler
124251 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 72, FP2: 44, maxFP1: 300, maxFP2: 200
124380 [Thread-5] FATAL scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip  - Unable to spawn nodes
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip.initHost(SCY_PersistentRootShip.java:56)
   at scy.twig.campaign.SCY_PersistentRootShip.advance(SCY_PersistentRootShip.java:164)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.int.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.o?000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
125365 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Fusillade.ogg]
125365 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [Fusillade.ogg]
219370 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [UndyingLegacy.ogg]
219370 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [UndyingLegacy.ogg]
219637 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.weapons.SCY_khalkotauroiMainGunAnimation.advance(SCY_khalkotauroiMainGunAnimation.java:176)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.super.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 16, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »

Did you used the (temporary)  fixed TwigLib I provided? Not the "official" one?

FabianClasen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 16, 2015, 03:50:35 PM »

Did you used the (temporary)  fixed TwigLib I provided? Not the "official" one?

I wasn't sure, but just got your version from the initial post to be sure, tried again and got the same exception.
--------------------------------
Not a native English speaker.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 16, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »

Hum, that is puzzling then. I'll have to investigate why this is happening and any detail would help: Did it concerned damaged ships, or brand new ones? Did it happen in the simulator, the mission, the campaign? Also, does this happened in a new game or an imported save?

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 16, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »

Text notes again.

Ships
Spoiler
Alecto
Last paragraph "However the doctrine ... but ..." either 'However' and 'therefore'/'so' or get rid of the 'However'.

Lealaps
Last paragraph "... point, Lealapse frigates ...".

Stymphalian Bird
3rd paragraph "... other pretend that ..." um. I don't think that's the right word. 'contend' maybe? "... been severely denied ..." 'categorically'? 'repeatedly'? Or even 'been refuted'.

Tisiphone
2nd paragraph "... the cargo hold has been omitted as the fuel cell storage ..." is it supposed to be 'as has the fuel cell storage'? Or, 'the cargo hold and fuel cell storage have been omitted'.
"... the crew has to wears ...".

Hydra
1st paragraph "During its pirate time, ..." um. Something doesn't flow here, 'During its pirating times' maybe?
"... bring back, the Scyan ..." 'so the Scyan' probably.
"... that is capable ..." 'was'?

Lamia [Armored]
2nd paragraph " ... added although rather lightweight is ..." I would enclose 'although rather lightweight' in parentheses or hyphens, and maybe swap to 'albeit'. Or even 'The (admittedly/rather/albeit lightweight) protection added is enough'.
"... engine so much that would prevent it from pursuing ..." 'engine enough to prevent'.

Orthus
1st paragraph: "... any retribution these ships ..." add a comma after 'retribution' I think.

Khalkutauroi
1st paragraph: "... It even has the nasty reputation to kill the crew even before breaching the hull, ..." 'The weapon can reputedly kill a ship's crew without the need of a hull breach,' maybe.
2nd paragraph: "... can be destroyer ..." 'destroyed' :P
3rd paragraph: "For theses reasons ..."

Manticore Carrrier
2nd paragraph: "Beyond that modification, the ..." 'these modifications' seems more appropriate.

Siren
3rd paragraph: "... large engine. So other ..." 'engine, so'
" ... Especially [...] transpired." 'A Siren is capable of capturing a high-ranking officer, together with their ship, without leaving [a] trace of what transpired.'

Keto
2nd paragraph: "... able to accelerate heavy ..." 'of accelerating'
" ... plasma bolt charged ..." 'bolt's'
3rd paragraph: "... is that with all this equipment already fitted to the hull that there is not many conventional weapon mounts." 'with all this equipment already fitted to the hull, there is little space left for conventional weapon mounts'

Nemean Lion
3rd paragraph: ". And secondly" Get rid of the 'and', you never start a sentence with 'and'

Outpost
2nd paragraph: "... placed it there ..." 'them' I think?
[close]

Wings
Spoiler
Afti
2nd paragraph: "... speed, the Afties are ..." Pretty sure the plural would be 'Aftis'? 'Afties' sounds like a nickname or term of endearment rather than a plural. You could also use 'Afti wings', since you use 'Afties/Aftis' in the next sentence too.

Sufi
Again, I think the plural would be 'Sufis'.
[close]

Weapons
Spoiler
Light Minigun
1st paragraph: The constant representing the speed of light is a lower-case c.

Medium Burst-Nailer
3rd paragraph: "And in close combat ..." the and thing again

Singularity Torpedo Launcher
2nd paragraph: "... not effect multi-thousand ..." 'affect'.
[close]
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 16, 2015, 09:58:34 PM »

The Keto really feels kinda weak and squishy, compared to most other capital ships. Mabye it needs some tuning?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 16, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »

Text notes again.

I messaged Tartiflette with an offer to copyedit a few months ago but apparently someone else was already on it.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 16, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

Text notes again. ...
See? Not much to correct left!  ;D

I messaged Tartiflette with an offer to copyedit a few months ago but apparently someone else was already on it.
Yeah he corrected 99% of those typos/weird sentence construction, and only a couple slipped through. That's an impressive feat on his part.

The Keto really feels kinda weak and squishy, compared to most other capital ships. Mabye it needs some tuning?
It's a Carrier first and foremost, with cruiser speed and a very long range weapon. If it's engaged in direct combat, you are not using it right  ;)
And it's not that squishy: It has nearly as much hull than the Conquest, only half the armor but with the benefit from sub-parts to tank hits, and exactly as much shield strength (less efficient but more flux capacity).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:00:48 AM by Tartiflette »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2015, 07:17:22 AM »

Oh shoot, the corrections were put in?  I ended up having to drop SCY for RAM and didn't get to see them...
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98