Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097712 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] Scy V0.7 (30/10) Full 0.65a compatibility
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:31 PM »

You may notice that other factions often create named bounties in the Acheron system, and killing those also increase your standing with Scy (even if they didn't post them). You can reliably gain 2 or 3 points of reputation per bounties. And they create bounties themselves in the next update.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »

You may notice that other factions often create named bounties in the Acheron system, and killing those also increase your standing with Scy (even if they didn't post them). You can reliably gain 2 or 3 points of reputation per bounties. And they create bounties themselves in the next update.

They dont, though? I've never gotten reputation from Acheron bounties, only those in Tartarus itself.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2014, 12:30:49 AM »

Huh? Really? I just got their reputation to 94 that way????? Mhhh, I'll check again, maybe it's something I did in the update (but then who knows what). Or maybe it's only during general bounties like "kill pirates around"? I'm not sure anymore. Still, they post named bounties in the next update so it shouldn't be so hard to get good standing.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2014, 02:26:09 PM »

require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.
Now require Debido's TwigLib

Scy 0.8 is here with a heap of new content.
If you like surprises, or already know Scy well, I strongly suggest that you don't read further, don't watch the trailer, just download the mod and try the two new missions right away.
Trust me, it will be worth it!

If you want to know more, check this highly spoilered content:
Spoiler
If you want spoilers, here we go:

0.8 feature one new frigate: the Talos.

The kind of ship that will make your life easier in the sector, reasonably sturdy, and fast, decent cargo, somewhat not very maneuverable but can hold it's own against pirates. That's also a ship you can trust the AI to use well, especially with it's Stasis shield ship system.
Spoiler
[close]

Also in 0.8, two new cruisers, or more precisely, new models of existing cruiser: The Armored Sthenos and Erymanthian Boar

Those two ships, now powered by TwigLib, feature a modular external armor that need to be shot off to damage the main hull (except if you shoot at the engine). On the down side, they are even more costly, far less maneuverable and much slower.
Spoiler

[close]

And finally, the long awaited Nemean Lion Battle Fortress:

The capital ship is protected by a mobile armor, that shroud a powerful frontal armament. This ship is extremely sturdy, and can take on event a Paragon with the right load-out. Due to the concentration of most of its weapons on the front, the Lion is very susceptible to attacks from multiple enemies. As it is meant for the defense of the planet Elysee, it is extremely slow. As a matter of fact it has the lowest burn rate of the sector.
Spoiler
[close]

I want the give a HUGE thanks to Debido, without whom these armored ships would never have seen the light of the day (the Nemean Lion is in the works since mid August!). So please, a round of applause for him.

The rest of the changelog, while consequent is quite uninteresting compared to this. I'll keep it short: Tartarus got a second, less hidden, access. Now if you can't find it, you don't search it right. Scy post named bounties, though rarely. You can increase your standing by hunting the other factions' bounty that often appear in Acheron. Minor improvements all over the place like missing descriptions and flavor texts. Consequent rebalancing of the weapons and ships due to the newcomers... Complete changelog at the bottom

If you want to learn more about the lore of the Nemean Lion, and about the events leading to the two missions, check the OP transcription and here,  here,  here, and here.
[close]

CHANGELOG
Spoiler
Code
V0.8
12/11/2014

SCY now require TwigLib in addition of LazyLib

new content:
 - Talos class heavy frigate: an over-sized frigate with decent speed, armor, cargo and armament, but reduced maneuverability, higher crew requirement and recovery cost.
    Feature a Stasis Shield system that deploy an impenetrable bubble for a second (use flux and 5 sec cool-down)

- Nemean Lion: Battleship with immense frontal firepower and a modular armor. Extremely slow and vulnerable to multiple attackers.
    HUGE thanks to Debido without whom this ship would be much MUCH less awesome

- Armored Sthenos / Armored Erymantian Boar class cruisers: armored version of the main battle cruisers, much slower but more powerful and much, much more sturdy.
    The Armored Sthenos traded the secondary thrusters of it's light declination for an Assault Shield ship system.

- two new missions featuring the first engagement of these ships

Improvements:
 - Huge cleanup in the way decoratives are handled, both in script and in sprites. (won't make a noticeable difference in memory since I added a lot of new content too >__<).
 - Decoratives now show damage when hit.
 - Randomized the position of the Acheron system on each new game.
 - You can no longer cheat your way in Tartarus by dumping your fuel (was useless anyway, once you know where the secret passage is)
 - Added cosmetic self-destruction of the fading missiles.
 - Drones now launch from their bays instead of the center of the ship.
 - More portraits.
 - Custom engine sounds.
 - "Secondary thrusters" ship system now activate visible secondary thrusters, slightly modified sprites accordingly.
 - Added a lot of minor descriptions that where missing
 - New sounds: new minigun sound from SniZupGun, Focus Beam and Super Focus Beam (built-in the armored Sthenos)
 - updated the missions variants for more variety.
 - Yet again changed the way to access Tartarus, though this time it should be easier to find out how.

Weapons re-balancing:
 - Significantly nerfed the Light Minigun damage and range, especially against ships armor. It is still potent against missiles with the right hullmod, but no longer a silver bullet.
 - Buffed the Penetrator Railgun damage and flux usage to make it a costly improvement over the medium KACC.
 - Reduced the Slasher beam movement width when mounted on turrets to make it hit more reliably.
 - Reworked the Focused Pulse Beam behavior, it now fire in 1 second bursts, and increased it's OP cost.
 - Significantly nerfed the Orion Artillery, the dps is only slightly lower but the damage per projectile is halved: it get twice the rate of fire and ammo.
    It won't punch through armored targets from standoff range anymore, you will have to close in to finish the job.
 - Buffed the SCPB damage and reduced it's rate of fire. It should be more evenly useful against armored and non armored targets.
 - All Rocket launchers have reduced OP costs, range, health and damage but got better engines and should hit their target more consistently.
 - All Coasting Missiles have reduced OP costs and damage but got higher health for the same result.
 - Erymantian Boar spinal launcher rate of fire halved.
 - Significantly buffed the EMP Sweeper health, corrected some bug in the sweeping arcs script but it will be reworked further.
 - The anti-missile has now a proximity fuse, making it much more reliable, but can't destroy torpedoes in one shot.
 - Improved the targeting algorithm of the Heavy Modular Swarmer: it target in priority any enemy around the ship's main target instead of any enemy in sight.
 - Tweaked their flight path for increased visual awesomness.
 - slightly increased the effect of the Area Scorcher against missiles and fighters.

Ships re-balancing:
 - Removed all buit-in Augmented Engines and Maneuvering Thrusters. Though you still can't mount them or the Unstable Engines.
 - Reduced all cargo capacities to to keep the same amount without the Augmented Engines hullmod reduction.
 - Reworked the speed and agility of all Scy ships. They have more or less the same speed as before, but will feel more sluggish.
    However their stats will scale much better with you character skills.
 - The Khalkotauroi now uses TWIG lib for it's Accelerator Pods. Those can now be shot off, permanently reducing the power of the main beam for the battle.
    Modified the sprite accordingly.
 - reduced the range buff of the Precision Gear ship system.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:34:51 PM by Tartiflette »

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Scy V0.8 (12/11) Rearmored Update
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »

Great stuff! I was actually just reviewing my mod-list for a new playthrough and trying to decide if I wanted to run SCY or wait for the update, this answers that question easily enough! Looking forward to having new things to fight.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:12 PM »

Yes, after figuring out how to get into the hidden passage, SCY as a mod seemed much more interesting to me, and the new update seems just as awesome as well! I can see the SCY team aims high and hits the target. Clearly I was over thinking the entrance to Tartarus, and I would not mind if it required another layer of secrecy (as Tartiflette already mentioned).

Also, I can't wait until SCY has more ways to gain rep with, even if it is difficult. I think it'd be worth the effort considering their lore, as Tartiflette also mentioned.

uzsibox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »

is there a way to make this work with starsector plus or you modify same files?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2014, 07:51:05 PM »

That looks amazing.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »

Worked fine in my game, though Scy don't benefit from most of the SS+ features like high leveled fleets, random variants and such.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2014, 12:03:35 AM »

Worked fine in my game, though Scy don't benefit from most of the SS+ features like high leveled fleets, random variants and such.
:(

Would be nice to see, but meh.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2014, 12:52:34 AM »

:(
Would be nice to see, but meh.
I talked about integration with DarkRevenant, and he said he'd consider it once the content start to stabilize. And I totally agree, I update once in a month at worst, each time with new content and it would impose him extensive modifications to it's random generators each time. So, no integrations for now, but when Scy hit v1.0, it might happen.

Speaking of future, what next? As I have mentioned before, Scy 0.9 will be almost all about campaign integration. I plan several things like:
 - Extremely limited access to Tartarus. The military won't stand seeing non Scy ships in their space.
 - Small storyline to gain access to Tartarus.
 - Neutral sub faction to broke this access with.
 - Great Expeditions events: once in a while, the Scy military send fleets to plunder the surrounding tradelanes.
 - Custom events.
 - Possible content: An Elite frigate, civilians ships (tankers), bombers, sub-faction stations, and another ship that I won't reveal now  ;D.
In short, everything non graphical required to make Scy feels complete.

After that, you can guess v1.0 will be all about visuals:
 - Graphical overhaul of the older sprites (currently, only 5 ships are somewhat satisfying) This will certainly include redoing all weapons to get closer to vanilla lighting and sizes.
 - ShaderLib integration. This is a HUGE undertaking since I have so many animation. There is currently more than 1400 sprites in the graphic folder. Hopefully, only a third will require individual material and normal maps. This also mean creating many new effects for the weapons.

And that should do it. After that I think Scy will hold it's own next to vanilla and the other popular mods. Anyway that's the current roadmap, and those generally aren't set in stone. It's still very close to the initial roadmap I made when I started this mod though: I clearly didn't hold most deadlines and there have been some technical complications (yes I'm looking at you, Nemean Lion), but I received a lot of help and Scy looks almost exactly like I envisioned it at this point of development.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:59:33 AM by Tartiflette »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2014, 01:06:30 AM »

Your style for ship sprites is pretty different though. Different in a "you could totally base an entirely new game around this art style, it's just that nice" way.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2014, 02:59:48 AM »

Just watched video.  :o DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   ;D ;D  Make moars videoz, pleaze  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2014, 05:22:29 AM »

Well that was fast, this is one of the fastest evolving mods on the whole forums.

k2arim99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »

i am having terrible performance with the new update it is normal?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 98