Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097480 times)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.89 Compatibility Update... Again (18/02/2015)
« Reply #405 on: February 18, 2015, 07:17:42 PM »

Bonjour,

So I loaded up SS to see if I had simply made a mistake. In my save, I am resting at Elysee- I can go to Elysee and leave just fine. When I go to Hephestos (or how ever you spell it ^^;), I do have all the normal options, like trading, repairs, and leaving. But once I press the button to trade, nothing ever loads, the UI does not generate any further.

My mods:

Does anyone have any clue? I'll try doing this with a fresh save and see what happens.

So, in a fresh save I don't have any issue. I'm trying to think of anything I did that would be so drastic...

The only things I have done in this save has been raided pirates, bought Try-Tachyon ships, and I have a salvaged Exigency frigate.

I'll try going to any other SCY station... Hm, I am also noticing a lot more large generic pirate fleets in Tartarus that I would have never seen before this big wave of updates. Right now, two large fleets and one small.

Anyway, I visited the volitiles plant and had no issue. Traveling back to Hephaistos.. Yea, I can do it now. Something about the moment itself was keeping me from doing it that I have now passed.

I notice that there are two or three large mercenaries following me for bounties, and they greatly out number my small fleet, so I suspect something else might be wrong. I'll take this to the SS+ thread. Thanks again =P

edit -

I took it to the SS+, and:

This is not the only report that has been made on Scy's markets.  You should take up mod-specific problems on their individual threads.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:26:28 AM by TartarusMkII »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2015, 03:21:43 AM »

Idk man, that happened to me at the main Diktat planet. Docked, traded, got locked in the UI, and when I reloaded it was fine. I think it is an SS+ thing. I have no idea though. The point is, Diktat is vanilla, so idk whats up.

Also, I have noticed some weirdness in tartarus as well; tons of pirates, not much SCY. Odd, its usually one of the safest systems.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2015, 05:29:27 AM »

I noticed that too with SS+, but after a while Scy catch up and the system is swarming with fleets.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

I think it has to do with new code for how pirates spawn, I THINK it's from SS+. But either way, I guess I am okay with it, really.

vilehydra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 22, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »

Any chance at a fast capital ship? I love the SCY doctrine of high burn speed and hit and run. One thing  I think SCY fleets would benefit would be a fast capital ship, because I can't really find any good capital ships to keep pace with my fleets.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »

The Keto is very fast for a capital... Granted it's not a Battleship but still.

A true fast capitalship wouldn't fit very well in the faction: they are all about using minimal resources to get the best result, but they can't take on big fleets unless taking great risks. If I give them a fast battlecruiser, they will be able to steamroll everyone but the biggest defense fleets since they are faster and can pick their fights. This is exactly why I gave the Nemean Lion a burn speed of 1: that ship is a beast, stronger than a Paragon if well equipped, but comes with the price tag of a whole decent fleet, high maintenance, and anchor your fleet! A true defensive ship. The Keto on the other hand is fast, but fragile and don't have much firepower by itself. With the right wing complement it can deal a lot of damage, but won't stand toe to toe even a cruiser.

So nope, sorry but not planned nor desirable IMO.

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2015, 01:52:40 AM »

Area Scorcher prioritizes frigates above fighter wings, which is undesirable behavior, I think. Ideally it would prioritize fighter wings -> armor-stripped ships -> unshielded ships, but that ain't happening at the moment.

It's also super-niche, I have a hard time finding any ship build that it does really well on. I might move the stats around and see how it works as a lower-damage suppression weapon you can fire constantly, as opposed to a high-cost heavy flak, which would give it a lot more general use cases.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2015, 03:28:30 AM »

It's absolutely terrific against carrier and missile heavy Cruisers/Capitals because it prevent them from fulfilling their role. Having one against an Onslaught almost completely neuter the rocket spam, and and Astral becomes a huge practice target.

I'll test it with a anti_fighter flag but I fear it would loose too much time tracking small targets instead of concentrating on their carrier. I'm interested in hearing about your result playing with the variables. Right now it's true it produce a lot of flux but the damage potential is quite impressive too: the tool tip use the damage used in auto-resolve, but the real damage potential is 4000 frag per second for 1000 flux/sec, but of course some is always lost.

Be warned, you'll need to modify the projectilesEffectPlugin.java and recompile to change the total damage or the number of sub shots as it override the weapon_data values.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2015, 01:35:34 AM »

UPDATED   Require Debido's TwigLib.   UPDATED
Require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.
Compatible with LazyWizzard's Version Checker.
Compatible with Histidine's Nexerelin.
Play nicely with other mods including Dark.Revenant's Starsector+

I'm not completely done with the 0.9 update, but since only flavor things are missing I decided to release it early. The most notable new things are Nexerelin compatibility (yay!), new spy fleets roaming around that drop valuable Intelligence Data Chips (only when NOT using Nexerelin though), and a new very special frigate:

This ship is clearly tailored for dueling and excel at taking down capital-ships alone. However it's quite weak against multiple targets and can't be deployed very often. I think it's a bit too powerful right now even in AI hands so tell me what you think.

Complete changelog
Spoiler
Code
SCY v0.9
WIP
 - Added Stymphalian Bird frigate:
          Next generation frigate of immense power but extreme rarity.
          Specifically designed to take on Capital ships, fares much worse against fighters and other frigates.
          (You can imagine the damned child of an Hyperion and a Nevermore)
 - Nexerelin compatibility
 - Intel Chip commodity. Very valuable and only droped by some specific Scy fleets
 - Spy fleets. Well, those fleets.

BALANCE

- Nerfed the Megeara: Teleporter, three charges instead of two, but recharge delay raised from 10 to 30 seconds
                       Phase, upkeep raised to 7.5% flux per second from 5%.
 - Baliuses FP reduced from 7 to 5.
 - Significantly buffed the Telchine miner ship hull and armor
 - The siren now only deploy two drones at once

BUGFIXES

- The minigun is now no longer animated while venting or at max flux
 - better placement logic for the random position of Acheron
[close]

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Scy V0.9_DEV New (last?) ship! (17/03/2015)
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »

Hello fellow SCY denizens

Anyone having issues? Bugs? No TwigLib errors?

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 18, 2015, 12:45:44 PM »

Wtf 10 max fuel? Clearly that thing wasnt meant to leave the doorstep on its own.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 18, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »

I think it makes sense, being such a specialized and compact craft, it would ideally be transported through hyperspace and then 'unleashed' within the system.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 19, 2015, 12:44:24 AM »

Wtf 10 max fuel? Clearly that thing wasnt meant to leave the doorstep on its own.
Megaera, Medusa, Tisiphone and Stymphalian birds frigates are all specialized combat only ships, and have no cargo whatsoever and only 10 fuel. It's my explanation as to how Scy managed to build such powerful compact ships. On the other hand the Centaur freighter or the Talos frigates are fast too and have decent cargo themselves. Or with SS+ you can sacrifice some OP to install a cargo on them. It's a mater of choices ^^

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 24, 2015, 01:03:20 AM »

@Tartiflette

If there is a weapon tag that enforces missile PD only, that could work. Then other stats could be left be and OP could maybe get knocked up a bit. Then you have an expensive solution to missile defense, assuming ALL you want out of that slot is premium missile defense. As it stands right now, the repeater beams can be used as dual-purpose weapons in frigate-frigate combat as it's highly unlikely a frigate will spit out enough missiles to overwhelm the repeaters, providing a viable anti-ship weapon that outranges most frigates' guns but is really heavy on the flux for frigates to use for any length of time. Then they get more unwieldy as you get into bigger fights with higher missile volumes and the fact that they probably still outrange your actual guns forcing you into fights with flux already built up unless you actively toggle them as and when, instead of simply leaving them autofiring all the time. In capital ship fights, the fact that their range only just lags behind weapons like the HAG, the Mk IX or the Mjolnir while outranging the Autopulse means they start firing almost the same time your main guns do and beams do little to ships of this size unless you really go overboard (see beam Paragon or Templar Longinus) and the ones that can't even withstand repeater beams are likely also the ones that aren't suited to combat anyway so at this point, they're only depleting their charges unnecessarily and driving your flux up.

We shouldn't highjack Blackrock thread so I'll continue here. I'm thinking changing it completely again, probably back to a vibrating beam but one that works this time. There is already four PD weapons in Scy : Auto Nailer, Small Flak, Hacking comlink and Burst Nailer. Adding the Burst repeater Beam as a PD was a mistake as the premium super PD solution is supposed to be the Minigun with the PD AI hullmod. The idea was a weapon that is good against small swarms of missiles like those damned Hornets but weak against torpedoes or continuous incoming threats. The problem is that I somewhat changed the Autonailer to that behavior too, and the range is way too  long compared to any other PD capable weapon for the same cost. As you said, it's only drawback is the flux that raise sharply on small ships.

The Vibrating beam was a terrible weapon because it had to be locked when firing, had a hard time killing anything with the slightest armor and was useless as PD. Maybe the same weapon with a much higher flux efficiency and damage could be ok, but the best would be to find a way to make it fire continuously, and that's what I'll try. I might buff the Slasher beam too for the same reason.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:05:40 AM by Tartiflette »

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2015, 06:52:05 AM »

but the best would be to find a way to make it fire continuously

Got an idea in my mind, will gonna to try.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 98