Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Scy V1.66rc3 (2023/03/19)  (Read 1097588 times)

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Scy V0.8 (12/11) Rearmored Update
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2014, 05:17:07 AM »

Hmm, I dont think this is a bug per se, but I've just blasted the Scy battleship into oblivion with exactly 4 Reapers in the mission. I overloaded it with my guns, then fired a single salvo of torps into one of the armor slabs.

It was at full HP, and it just got instantly disabled. All the armor disappeared too. Might be something up with the armor plates exploding and dealing damage?
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2014, 05:27:33 AM »

yeah, if you hit it right, it doesn't stand a chance, but in one on one, it's often difficult because the armor's PD weapons don't have to vent or get overloaded (they can be disabled though). I'll look into the explosion damage though, after all, if the armor deal the same damage the ship would have received without, it's not that much a good deal...  ::)

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »

I'm guessing that it is intentional that various missiles e.g. heavy swarmer, MIRV payloads, swarm missiles, and EMP missiles use MISSILE_FF, but for what reason? It's especially noticeable with heavy swarmer's spread pattern seeking through friendly ships, since you frequently lose a large portion of the missiles against allied ships.

As an aside, since custom UI elements seem to be making their way into mods (e.g. Templars burst indicator), might it be feasible to make an at-a-glance indicator of the status of attached armor plates?

I also think that quad strip trails really fit well on missiles in the style of SCY's mini-missiles and short-range rockets, but look less good on LRMs and some torpedoes. It's a big improvement for heavy swarmer, but I think the old smoke-puff trail looked better on e.g. Reaper torpedoes.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 12:21:35 PM by LB »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »

Actually it wasn't intentional, it was the result of me misinterpreting some collision flags, and also why the ORION artillery does so many friendly fires.
You can check the status of the armors by hoovering your mouse on them. Not perfect, but UI elements are actually VERY complicated to put in place. And there is already a lot of things on screen, if I were to make some armor status indicator, I'd prefer a non intrusive one like smoke and sparkles.
Here's the current change-log for the patch update (some of them have already sneaked their way in the download):
Code
V0.85

Fixed ORION Artillery dealing a lot of friendly fire.
Fixed some missiles hitting friendlies while still having their engine functioning.
Fixed a typo that prevented Scy from posting named bounties.
Fixed a crash when entering Tartarus while drifting.
Improved the Heavy Modular Swarmer AI performances.
Tweaked all missile trails to get significantly better performances.
Adjusted all armor parts statistics so that they don't deal much damage to the host ship when destroyed.
Added trails to fighters.
Added trails to Sthenos cruiser, Khalkotauroi cruiser and Orthrus destroyer when using their ship-system.
Added Interstellar Imperium relationship.
Added Modular Armor hullmod to armored ships: now their speed and maneuverability increase as their heavy armor get shot off.
Added visible muzzle flashes for the Nemean Lion armors integrated weapons.

Rebalanced the Singularity torpedo:
 - 8 ammo from 10.
 - 10 sec interval from 5.
 - Slightly increased the force of the pull on hull hit, slightly decreased the range.
 - Halved the force of the pull on hull hit for Templars ships, halved the range.
 - Divided by 3 the force and the range of the pull on shield hit, asteroid or hulk.
 - Only fighter located at less than a third of the max distance get flamed out.
 - Only missiles located at less than 2/3 of the max distance get flamed out.
As you can see some of your concern are already taken care of  ;)
But the missile trails are here to stay for a simple reason: they are more efficient on the cpu than particles (now that I have optimized them), and I already had many complains about in-combat performances (though most are resolved). I'm still undecided on fighter trails though. I'm currently trying to balance the armored ships a bit more: I'd like them able to tank a bit more, but the Nemean Lion is giving me troubles. Also there is a TwigLib patch in the works and I need to check if everything is compatible. So, no precise ETA, but I'd be ashamed if it was more than a week away.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:20:32 PM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2014, 02:37:55 PM »

Scy, providing the weapons you never knew you couldn't live without...

I was in weapon making withdrawal. Besides Scy needed a torpedo for it's upcoming bomber. It will be available in all sizes, for different yields and precisions.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:07 AM »

"Now let's mount these nuclear pumped laser warhead on something lightweight enough to be fired from a bomber"

These comes with a small frontal shield and a rear minigun for missile defence...

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »

cool  ;)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:21 AM »

Your ships always look so beautiful!

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »

It took a bit more time than I anticipated to get this out, but I thing it was worth it.
require Debido's TwigLib (updated)
require LazyWizzard's LazyLib.
now compatible with LazyWizzard's Version Checker.

So yes, load of bug-fixes and balance: No more friendly fire with missiles or the ORION Artillery, more sturdy armored ships, buffed up large weapons, significant performances improvement in large battles...
But also new content: Tankers that may become handy with SS+, torpedo bombers, modular torpedo, and a new PD weapon to replace the useless medium and large AutoNailers.
Spoiler

[close]

And a new feature: The armors have been slightly buffed, but now they take time to repair, and that cost resources. Also they are now accounted in autoresolve combat.
Spoiler

Yep, Debido has been hard at work once again!
[close]

Sadly, this update WILL BREAK SAVES due to the persistent armors data.

I wanted to add one last thing: Lurking on various forum talking about Starsector in general and Scy in particular, I read some concern about how "Scy can't compete with other factions" in Dark Revenant's Starsector Plus mod. Let me reassure you, Scy can compete alright! They lack leveled captains and random variant, but they spawn a LOT of fleets, have many powerful standard variants, and can get some help from Shadowyard in case of a Templar crusade. So fear not my friends, you don't have to choose between one or all the others.

I included some experimental fighter trails but they are sometime glitchy. I'm not sure if I should keep them so please do tell me if you like them or not, or could like them if they were bug-free...

Complete (and lengthy) changelog:
Spoiler
Code
V0.85
27/11/2014

New content:
 - Laser Torpedoes: slow but guided torpedo that can attack from a distance. Difficult to bloc or dodge but less damaging than direct hit torpedoes. Also have less ammo. Available in all sizes.

- Tobo wing: Bombers equipped with a single-shot Laser Torpedo, a light minigun for defense and a small frontal shield.

- Tanker Centaur and Balius: the Freight versions no longer have a large fuel capacity, and those two don't have much cargo space.
   Globally reduced the fuel capacity of most ships. Now only the Telchine miner ship and the Hydra troop transport have decent mixed cargo capacity.

- Medium Burst-Nailer: Shotgun-like PD for anti swarm-missile defense. Replace the now removed medium Autonailer.

Removed the medium and large Autonailers (were useless).

Armor are now persistent: they take time and resources to be repaired. Their status is now displayed in the refit screen.
Added Modular Armor hull-mod to armored ships: reduce the damage taken while the armors are present, and increase the ship speed and maneuverability as they get shot off.
Adjusted all armor parts statistics so that they don't deal much damage to the host ship when destroyed.
Added visible muzzle flashes for the Nemean Lion armors integrated weapons.
The Nemean Lion's armors are now visible in the refit screen.
The frontal beams of the Armored Sthenos are now player controlled.
Added trails to fighters. (somewhat glitchy, please give feedback as to keep these or not)
Added trails to Sthenos cruiser, Khalkotauroi cruiser and Orthrus destroyer when using their ship-system.
Added Interstellar Imperium relationship. Adjusted some other factions relations.
Added black markets to all three small stations in Tartarus
Elysee and the Mining Colony markets are now only accessible through the stations and no longer through the planets. (to remove the no-charge refit bug)

Fixed ORION Artillery dealing a lot of friendly fire.
Fixed ORION Artillery sometimes bypassing shields.
Fixed some missiles hitting friendlies while still having their engine functioning.
Fixed a typo that prevented Scy from posting named bounties.
Fixed a crash when entering Tartarus while drifting.
Improved the Heavy Modular Swarmer AI performances.
Tweaked all missile trails to get significantly better performances.
Toned down the Acheron background to increase combat readability.
Increased the size of the Coasting Missiles for better visibility.

Balancing:

Reduced most ships FP, the Scy fleets should be a bit bigger and their ships available at lower relationship levels.
Some weapons are now available at a lower relationship.
Slightly increased the range and rate of fire of most large weapons. Reduced their OP.
Significant buff to the Large Mortar, Large Kinetic Accelerator, Area Scorcher and Ricochet Gun.

Singularity Torpedo:
 - 8 ammo from 10.
 - 10 sec interval from 5.
 - Slightly increased the force of the pull on hull hit, slightly decreased the range.
 - Halved the force of the pull on hull hit for Templars ships, halved the range.
 - Divided by 3 the force and the range of the pull on shield hit, asteroid or hulk.
 - Only fighter located at less than a third of the max distance get flamed out.
 - Only missiles located at less than 2/3 of the max distance get flamed out.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:30:14 PM by Tartiflette »

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Scy V0.85 (27/11) Bugfixed Update
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »

Yo!

wanted to say this mod is probably one of my favorites so far, i love the animations of the ships like the siren and the new way you are doing the armor.

only one thing has been bugging me so far, sometimes Tartarus/Acheron randomly spawns a bit too close to another solar system and ends up practically inside somewhere like sindria. im not sure if thats intentional or not but it can get irritating when jump points are almost on top of each other x.x

but just today, this happened:

Spoiler
[close]
      - Screenshot -

I had just jumped into Acheron to claim a bounty fleet... when that happened.
i'm not even sure if its something with this mod, as i have Starsector+ and other mods with it along with SCY.
didn't know where else to put this,
maybe you have some idea?  ???

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »

@StarSchulz: You didn't happen to run out of fuel to try and get into Tartarus? Well that's what the Anti-Hax defenders are there for... to disincentive players trying to cheat to get there (rather than take the hidden passages). However I suppose there may be situations where you're on the way to Acheron, but run out of fuel while still in the influence of Tartarus.

I apologise if you were legitimately trying to get the Acheron but accidently ran out of fuel, otherwise though you found our little easter egg.

How did those battles end anyway ^_^ ?

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2014, 03:42:51 PM »

@StarSchulz: You didn't happen to run out of fuel to try and get into Tartarus? Well that's what the Anti-Hax defenders are there for... to disincentive players trying to cheat to get there (rather than take the hidden passages). However I suppose there may be situations where you're on the way to Acheron, but run out of fuel while still in the influence of Tartarus.

I apologise if you were legitimately trying to get the Acheron but accidently ran out of fuel, otherwise though you found our little easter egg.

How did those battles end anyway ^_^ ?

i was bounty hunting in a few frigates trying to make money to buy some new ships. i just had really really low fuel x.x

They couldn't catch up to me though, and i led them out of system but i completely ran out of fuel and got dropped into Acheron again. i barely managed to escape there and after i picked up more fuel from a convenient pirate fuel tanker chasing me,The super fleets stopped chasing me and i left... scared  :o

Pretty funny, although my half scared to death captain isn't thinking so.

Whats with Tartarus and Acheron spawning on top of other systems though?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

Thanks for the report, it never happened to me in my play-tests. I think me or Debido can see about correcting that. Now to think of it, these anti cheat fleets might need some work, because as they are now it's probably a good exploit to farm reputations with Scy and the lawful factions...

Anyway, glad to hear you are enjoying the mod so far!

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »

While I'm here i might as well show you this

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

don't know if that is intentional, but it can be confusing trying to read the Intel screen and find out what system is having problems with what.

Otherwise Great mod so far, I'm really liking it. Maybe you could actually create a once per cycle event where the SCY actually do go out and raid everything? i know the Templars have their own crusade event, would be awesome to see the SCY go out and turn pirate to raid trade fleets.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2014, 01:10:49 PM »

Otherwise Great mod so far, I'm really liking it. Maybe you could actually create a once per cycle event where the SCY actually do go out and raid everything? i know the Templars have their own crusade event, would be awesome to see the SCY go out and turn pirate to raid trade fleets.

May I point you to this post where I describe the future development of this mod. I very much intend to create the Great Expeditions events described in the lore. Plus sugar-coat that with a couple of quests!

I can't do much against the stacking of events icons, it would occur even with Tartarus alone because of the 5 stations that create them. I'll try to upload a patch shortly to correct a pair of exploits and the stacking on top of another system problem.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98