Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 940078 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
« Reply #900 on: January 08, 2022, 09:24:40 PM »

Fixed!  Also a few more balance tweaks...

Download Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.7b)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.6.1)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.10.3i -

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 2.5.2:
- Sebastos armor increased to 950 from 900
- Ixon flux dissipation decreased to 325 from 350, speed decreased to 65 from 70
- Lux Repeater damage increased to 45 from 40
- Telum Autocannon damage increased to 230 from 225
- Solis Cannon damage increased to 325 from 300
- ER Particle Cannon damage increased to 130 from 120
- Pulsar Cannon flux cost reduced to 22 from 30
- Pulsar Repeater flux cost reduced to 22 from 30, now a PD_ALSO weapon that fires upon missiles if no other target is in range
- Heavy Pulsar Cannon flux cost reduced to 60 from 70
- Moved Corsica (applies to new saves)

Jakro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.2
« Reply #901 on: January 09, 2022, 12:10:27 AM »

DR you are a sexy man

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 12, 2022, 11:32:59 AM »

Another great release another mandatory expansion for the game. Heaven for the military inclined and mid-line lovers alike. The ships art is very distinctive - pragmatic efficient no-nonsense murder machines. They scream "we will murder you for OUR greater good" and "don't forget to fill form 34-B before annihilation".

Versatile ships that really shine in a formation. They feel weak at first until you find their best role and specialize. Synergy is very important here and the sum of all parts is indeed greater than individual stats. Neat concept.

Especially fond of the Princeps : it's a decent carrier and a decent combatant all rolled in a compact destroyer. A bit pricey and not really suited for pure frontline duty, but can virtually fill any other role : close support, backline heavy support, true carrier with a bite ... Fantastic ship. Looks great, feels even better.

You also have introduced a new commodity that DOESN'T wreak havoc on the general market balance AFAIK. I wanna say they are maybe too easy to get - big supply both in market and black market - and to get rich from. It's legal everywhere  and everybody wants them. So it trumps all other commodities.

Last point : you did a really great job on your tooltips and descriptions, be it ships weapons or hullmods. Precise concise and very helpful to understand each role beforehand.

I almost forgot to add : there is one system you added that looks absolutely stunning. I was in absolute awe the first time I went there. And the lore is spot on. That's some great flavor all around.

Thank you for all your great work.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 11:43:19 AM by TontonBoo »

Usinaru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 13, 2022, 02:54:58 PM »

DR, I have been begging for an update on the space romans for so long! THANK YOU !!!

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 26, 2022, 09:38:34 AM »

Maybe this has already been discussed, but I'll say it anyway instead of scouring 60 pages of comments.

I happen to be studying latin in university, and was really happy to see some funni roman words, but there's some corrections I'd like to make to some of 'em; it is obviously nitpicking, so apply at your discretion.

• Deus: this is masculine, Dea is correct for Minerva ;)
  • Legionary, Centurion and Legate: the rest of the faction ranks are all Latin or Latinized, so why not these two? It's so similar too, Legionarius, Centurio and Legatus...
  • Marescallum: the -m termination indicates "object", it only really makes sense in a phrase. The correct termination here is -s, so Marescallus.
  • Custodian: Custos in Latin, proper.
  • Vilicus: it's a bit weird for "fleet commander"? More fitting as a "portmaster" (Curator is perfect tho) or "outpost commander", but idk it sounds cool anyway. I'd suggest Magister.
  • Mayor: Praefectus. Google Translator kinda fails at it, but this word changes little between Latin-based languages so it's accurate.
  • Presidor: strange word, ain't Latin. Vilicus fits nicely as a stand-in for Bailiff, but "outpost commander" is a quaint title to adapt.
  • Quaestorem: Quaestor, reason already explained.
  • Praeceptorem: Praeceptor, idem.
  • Negotiatrix: female trader? I didn't check, but unless you've coded so that all traders are female, Negotiator's fine.
  • Commercium: Pecuniatores or "money men" :D
  • Mercator: Venditores, "salesmen", since Mercator's already in use.
  • Circuitus: it means "going round, revolving", not really a title or name. Vigiles fits better, explained below. Or Praeventores.
  • Vigil: Correct form would be Vigiles. Since this is a "medium patrol", and we need a name for the "small patrol", why not Praestes?
  • Auxilium: Auxilia goes better, because it will be preceded by Imperium as the faction surname, and Imperium Auxilium makes no sense.
  • Mercenarius: it's missing an n, Mercennarius.
  • Speculator: it is correct as "scout", but my personal pick would be Excursor since the small fleets are more of pirate-chasers; that said, it needs to be plural, so either Speculatores or Excursores.
  • Venator: Venatores, plural.
  • Vastator: Vastatores is uncommon, and I don't know it's use too well. Spoliatores means "despoilers", "pillagers" and the like.
  • Exercitus: c'mon now, why wouldn't you use Legio! or Classis Magna.

Edit: I forgot the Imperial Guard. Also, why not Praetorum Legio instead, or "Pretorian Guard" to keep it in English?
  • Custos: already in use. Praeventores is a good replacement, or the previous Excursores.
  • Defensio: Scutum? Classis?
  • Uigiliarium: I dunno why the sudden change to "true" Latin by trading V for U, but Vigiliarium is odd as a huge fleet anyway. Legio is always great, or Classis Magna.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:58:35 AM by JohnVicres »

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 29, 2022, 09:47:55 PM »

...Is it just me or can I not see the custom start? I have the most current version of both II and Nexrelin, even switched back to the last version of Nexrelin offically supported, but no luck. Currently running Starsector 0.95.1a-RC6.
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

blackace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 30, 2022, 02:07:51 PM »

so i Keep getting the same error and its only with this mod, I do love this mod and thank you for updating it fr. but here the error

Fatal: NO enum constant
com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI.AIHints.DANGEROUS

this is the error I am getting idk if you maybe able to help, if not still you mod is a great one keep up the hard work.
It did tell me to check the starsector.log for more info so i will be looking into it and its on launch when it crashes tried it with and with out mods and a few times with just the mods that needs it to run and still a no go.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 30, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »

so i Keep getting the same error and its only with this mod, I do love this mod and thank you for updating it fr. but here the error

Fatal: NO enum constant
com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI.AIHints.DANGEROUS

this is the error I am getting idk if you maybe able to help, if not still you mod is a great one keep up the hard work.
It did tell me to check the starsector.log for more info so i will be looking into it and its on launch when it crashes tried it with and with out mods and a few times with just the mods that needs it to run and still a no go.

DANGEROUS is a newly introduced AI hint in SS 0.95.1a, which is used by the latest version of Interstellar Imperium.

If your StarSector game is not at least 0.95.1a, then it will not be compatible with this mod.

G4R5vb3H

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 18, 2022, 03:48:35 AM »

I'm not even slightly sure if this is intended or not, but Hadrian does not have a Ground Defense. Nor an Orbital Station. Two factors which tend to make stealing the two Alpha Cores on the planet trivially easy, as they basically have no multiplier on their ground defense stat. Combined with the possibility of bypassing patrols because it's orbiting a gas giant and it's just free cash right there.

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 25, 2022, 09:06:06 PM »

I am playing with this interesting mod. The big draw for me was the "missions" it talks about in the description. I am commissioned by the Imperium, and have max reputation with them. How can I start the Imperium campaign? How do I start these missions?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 25, 2022, 10:14:11 PM »

I am playing with this interesting mod. The big draw for me was the "missions" it talks about in the description. I am commissioned by the Imperium, and have max reputation with them. How can I start the Imperium campaign? How do I start these missions?
These are non-campaign missions. You access them by going to Missions in the main menu.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 26, 2022, 06:01:54 AM »

These are non-campaign missions. You access them by going to Missions in the main menu.

Thank you. I guess it's time to cancel my commission.

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 26, 2022, 02:06:30 PM »

Wow, I feel dumb - also did not realize that meant main menu missions :D    Still love this mod though, the modular systems are great, even if I do think some of the OP costs are a bit extreme for the Imperial systems

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 26, 2022, 08:02:09 PM »

Suppression Olympus is best

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 02, 2022, 02:21:22 AM »

A bit of an odd question, but how can I modify the mod so that imperial ships no longer use vanilla weapons?
The thing is, I love this faction's aesthetic to bits and I feel like vanilla weapons really get in the way of it. It also makes it harder to hoard imperial weapons and get them from industrial revolution requisition centers since the faction uses vanilla blueprints.
I assume I would also need to modify presets, too

Also, is it possible to make the AI use the ixon's magnum salvo less aggressively, or rather, prevent it from using it past a certain flux threshold?
It feels like my Ixons keep redlining even when they have 20/20 caps/vents and only ballistas and custoses, so it has to be overuse of its magnum salvo
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67