Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 939970 times)

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.0
« Reply #885 on: December 30, 2021, 09:43:24 AM »

I remember the dictator being able to very reliably 1v1 an onslaught (no officer), all it had was a targeting package and an slightly offense-focused build. I'm only seeing buffs to the ship, is it possible that it's a bit too strong right now considering this 22op ship can solo an onslaught?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #886 on: December 30, 2021, 11:52:26 PM »

I remember the dictator being able to very reliably 1v1 an onslaught (no officer), all it had was a targeting package and an slightly offense-focused build. I'm only seeing buffs to the ship, is it possible that it's a bit too strong right now considering this 22op ship can solo an onslaught?

Dictator is 28 OP, and the only way I can see it beating an Onslaught 1v1 is with the 0.9.1a pre-buff Onslaught stats or with some kind of all-in alpha strike build under direct player control.  With the various buffs Onslaught has gotten since then, especially the Burn Drive change, I'd be shocked if any no-officer Dictator build could survive 1v1 with a properly-build Onslaught under AI control.

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 31, 2021, 09:22:10 AM »

I think it's about the officer-less Onslaught that appears in the simulation. It gets scared of being outranged and the targeting package does exactly that. In natural conditions the aggressive officer is going to shred the Dictator. Definately not the Ceasar though, my new love.

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 02, 2022, 06:56:18 PM »

Dictator is 28 OP, and the only way I can see it beating an Onslaught 1v1 is with the 0.9.1a pre-buff Onslaught stats or with some kind of all-in alpha strike build under direct player control.  With the various buffs Onslaught has gotten since then, especially the Burn Drive change, I'd be shocked if any no-officer Dictator build could survive 1v1 with a properly-build Onslaught under AI control.

Ah right, my mistake. This was pre-0.95 so you're right on that. It was a while ago, so I don't really remember it clearly, but I'm sure I used a level 5 officer on a dictator centered around a low flux targeting package focused build purely using imperium and vanilla weapons (I think). I observed the performance solely in simulations against onslaughts rather than actual fights, where it would win against the standard no-officer onslaughts in 1v1 duels very consistently. I'm aware of the officer difference, which is likely a big factor. The only useful buff out of the two affecting the sim onslaught is the TPC buff, which might make a difference, but it's still quite minute since in my testing, the dictator won without losing at worst more than half it's health if i recall correctly.

I hope this doesn't come over as pointless rambling :)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #889 on: January 03, 2022, 11:47:49 AM »

Ah, that explains it.  The simulator onslaught ("simslaught") is a terrible variant that loses to many much smaller vanilla ships 1v1.  Alex really ought to swap it out...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.1
« Reply #890 on: January 05, 2022, 11:20:37 PM »

Bit of a balance/polish pass.

Download Interstellar Imperium 2.5.1
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.7b)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.6.1) (Updated!)

- Supported by Nexerelin 0.10.3i - (Updated!)

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 2.5.1:
- Updated for Starsector 0.95.1a RC6
- Fixed package hullmod display issue for Olympus and Libritor
- Made Libritor more cautious of friendly fire with its main weapon
- Magna Fulmen shots fade more quickly after they reach max range
- Magna Fulmen base range reduced to 1000 from 1200
- Libritor now has Reinforced Emplacements built in
- Ixon flux dissipation increased to 350 from 300, speed increased to 70 from 60
- Arcus Autocannon damage increased to 110 from 100, flux per shot increased to 80 from 75
- Moved Corsica and Thracia (applies to new saves)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.1
« Reply #891 on: January 06, 2022, 03:59:34 AM »

Haha, got some reports about the Libritor's AI, did we? :V

Though, wow, I'm surprised at the Ixon buffs. It was already a favorite cruiser of mine in AI hands, and those buffs make it a lot better. That might be II's best cruiser now, by a lot.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 06, 2022, 04:07:56 AM »

Truthfully, the real reason is that I haven't made crew/fuel logistics ships for the faction.  I don't plan on making unique hullmods for changing the ships' logistics, when down the line I'll have dedicated ships for fuel and crew transport.
But do they really need dedicated tankers and crew transports? Most factions just stick to vanilla ships for that or ships from assorted ship packs.

Zdubfreelancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 06, 2022, 06:36:40 AM »

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to doc-0o-70-docs.googleusercontent.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

having this issue with quite a few mods including this one, does not let me access the page to download the file.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #894 on: January 06, 2022, 08:42:47 AM »

Haha, got some reports about the Libritor's AI, did we? :V

Though, wow, I'm surprised at the Ixon buffs. It was already a favorite cruiser of mine in AI hands, and those buffs make it a lot better. That might be II's best cruiser now, by a lot.

All of the vanilla cruisers in the 15-25 DP range that have a similar role to the Ixon got heavily buffed.

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #895 on: January 06, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to doc-0o-70-docs.googleusercontent.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

having this issue with quite a few mods including this one, does not let me access the page to download the file.

Sounds like an ISP (Internet Service Provider) or other network problem on your end friend.

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 06, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »

- Moved Corsica and Thracia (applies to new saves)

Bug report: Corsica now spawns directly on top of Hybrasil. So close that the stars are clipping into each other on the hyperspace map. Looks like it's hardcoded it to spawn at <-800, 600> ?

Tested with no other mods active, only Interstellar Imperium and dependencies.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 07, 2022, 03:06:49 AM »

Yeah, I was going to say, the position of the other two are solid (in particular Ex Vis avoids some of the messiness with ORA systems) but Corsica now messily overlaps with Hybrasil and is also close enough to a Shadowyards system to cause a little confusing there too. But yeah, Hybrasil and Corsica jump points are virtually on top of one another.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 07, 2022, 04:18:22 PM »

I have but one statement to make:
That station is sexy AF I just wish everything could come in marble white, that is all.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 08, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »

mod_info.json for II 2.5.1 still reports the version as 2.5.0, as does imperium.version. The change log.txt file, however, includes a section for 2.5.1.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67