Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 948189 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.5.0
« Reply #870 on: December 18, 2021, 11:43:12 AM »

After having used 3 liberators in my fleet for about a dozen battles i've noticed a little bit of a problem, they seem VERY fond of slapping my ass engines with shots from their magna fulmen. They seem to either think they can shoot over me, or are firing at fighters with it and somehow hitting my ships, and frequently my own flagship, more than they miss and fling a shot into the void.

Which package do you have on your Libritors?  Are they charging up their system first when shooting you?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 18, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »

Which package do you have on your Libritors?  Are they charging up their system first when shooting you?

after paying a little more attention to it, my Armor packaged libritors are indeed shooting at fighters, although i havent ever seen them do friendly fire with the system amped shot

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #872 on: December 18, 2021, 06:42:39 PM »

after paying a little more attention to it, my Armor packaged libritors are indeed shooting at fighters, although i havent ever seen them do friendly fire with the system amped shot

Huh.  That's kinda weird; the standard shots should have normal AI firing behavior.  I guess I'll try tagging the weapon as DANGEROUS and reducing the fade time.  Are the shots hitting at kind of an extreme range (like to the point that it's starting to fade out when it hits you?)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 18, 2021, 08:21:46 PM »

Huh.  That's kinda weird; the standard shots should have normal AI firing behavior.  I guess I'll try tagging the weapon as DANGEROUS and reducing the fade time.  Are the shots hitting at kind of an extreme range (like to the point that it's starting to fade out when it hits you?)

i couldnt tell by their appearance but the shots didnt actually do much damage so maybe. it was just a little funny/weird that they kept CONSISTENTLY shooting my own ships just as much as they shot the enemies.

sidenote bug report, imperial packages do this on the libritor

Edit: Other ships with unique weapons seem to work fine though, it might be something with the fact its missing a picture/icon?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:34:33 PM by Killsode »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 19, 2021, 03:11:54 AM »

@Dark.Revenant, could you possibly add a separate hullmod for converting logistic ships storage? It's kinda annoying that your only high capacity option for combat freighter is military systems and no package at all, because every package converts some or even most of storage capacity into crew or fuel ones, even though you only want to add more range or armor to your big hulking freighter early game.

NGTV Eye-ris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 19, 2021, 06:03:47 AM »

Hello, had to make this account for the sake of reporting something that went wrong
No other mods we're enabled except for Interstellar Imperium and its up-to-date dependencies
I've provided a google drive link containing the image of the error popup as well as the starsector.log file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uU2mZk2jamvjMwZP3QoPlznMCCyP4wsf?usp=sharing

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 19, 2021, 12:40:24 PM »

Hello, had to make this account for the sake of reporting something that went wrong
No other mods we're enabled except for Interstellar Imperium and its up-to-date dependencies
I've provided a google drive link containing the image of the error popup as well as the starsector.log file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uU2mZk2jamvjMwZP3QoPlznMCCyP4wsf?usp=sharing

a - that's the wrong log, turn on show file extensions and you'll see it's called "starsector.log.1"

b - update your game, this update is for .95.1 and you're on .95

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 19, 2021, 12:54:48 PM »

is there ammo regen on the missiles ?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 19, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »

is there ammo regen on the missiles ?
If it has a DPS but it doesn't have an ammo counter, then yes.

Haka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 19, 2021, 05:04:49 PM »

Interstellar Imperium finally got updated!?
BY THE EMPEROR
My new save file is getting shoved right into the warp!

I will happily start over! Thanks for all the hard work!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #880 on: December 19, 2021, 07:11:18 PM »

Edit: Other ships with unique weapons seem to work fine though, it might be something with the fact its missing a picture/icon?
Yeah that's correct.
Here's the fix (put in mod's data/config/ folder)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 19, 2021, 07:48:59 PM »

Yeah that's correct.
Here's the fix (put in mod's data/config/ folder)

thanks! i take it that its been fixed for future updates, or did i just manage to get a malformed file?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #882 on: December 20, 2021, 12:05:58 AM »

@Dark.Revenant, could you possibly add a separate hullmod for converting logistic ships storage? It's kinda annoying that your only high capacity option for combat freighter is military systems and no package at all, because every package converts some or even most of storage capacity into crew or fuel ones, even though you only want to add more range or armor to your big hulking freighter early game.

Truthfully, the real reason is that I haven't made crew/fuel logistics ships for the faction.  I don't plan on making unique hullmods for changing the ships' logistics, when down the line I'll have dedicated ships for fuel and crew transport.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 20, 2021, 01:31:33 AM »

after going up against a matriarch and nabbing it for myself, it seems that the speed and attack effects for command center are a little performance heavy. will note i'm on AMD just incase this isnt a common problem on invidia cards for some weird driver reason
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 01:40:31 AM by Killsode »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #884 on: December 20, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »

after going up against a matriarch and nabbing it for myself, it seems that the speed and attack effects for command center are a little performance heavy. will note i'm on AMD just incase this isnt a common problem on invidia cards for some weird driver reason

That's a known driver issue.  Try changing starsector-core/data/config/settings.json on the "renderShieldJitterEffect" line; set it to false, instead of true.  It *probably* won't help that much, but it was Alex's attempt to fix this underlying jitter issue.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67