Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 939793 times)

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.4.0
« Reply #765 on: April 17, 2021, 07:24:00 AM »

You seem to be missing the point that witchking stated. If you look at the credits for his mods, it is clear that he is not an artist. It directly states that he does the programming/writing side and acquires art from other users. The ship sprites in this mod looks different not because Revanant has "improved" since then, but because they were drawn by different people.

The ship sprites in this mod were made by Gwyvern, who also made Legacy of Arkgneisis. Unsurprisingly, the art style between these two mods is the same because it is actually created by the same person.

Giving art criticism to Gwyvern would be more fruitful than giving art criticism to a programmer.
My suggestion obviously is that he should rely on someone else's artwork since his talents and work is wasted when people like I don't want to use his mod because of the objectively inferior art quality, despite plentiful available material and resources from talented and skilled ship artists here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:27:21 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 17, 2021, 07:29:37 AM »

"I tried to get people's goats and now I find myself with more goat than I can handle" is a hell of a look.

Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste, and that's fine. There's no need to be a prick in either direction.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 17, 2021, 07:52:52 AM »

"I tried to get people's goats and now I find myself with more goat than I can handle" is a hell of a look.

Not everything is going to be to everyone's taste, and that's fine. There's no need to be a prick in either direction.
Stylistic consistency is not a matter of subjective taste, but is an objective quality. That's perhaps the most important and fundamental definition of art, architecture, game design, etc.
You can make and like mods which ignore this, just as much as I can state my opinion of disliking it.
Claiming that I (too) was a prick for daring to state my opinion and defending it from discrimination, is only indicating that you too just can't tolerate my opinion.

JadedTarget

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 17, 2021, 08:09:31 AM »

The way I see it is that Ship/Weapon Pack is intentionally going for a Vanilla style because, uh, it's marketed as an unofficial Vanilla add-on pack.  :shrug:

Kinda weird that modders want their mod faction to have a unique stylistic theme to their look tho.  Guess DR should ask Gwyvern for a refund and just put the old II art back into it, right?

The art Gwyvern does is amazing, especially in motion with GraphicsLib.  But you wouldn't know since you refuse to even try the mod.  The hypocrisy of your insults towards others is murdering my brain.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 17, 2021, 08:37:43 AM »

The way I see it is that Ship/Weapon Pack is intentionally going for a Vanilla style because, uh, it's marketed as an unofficial Vanilla add-on pack.  :shrug:
Kinda weird that modders want their mod faction to have a unique stylistic theme to their look tho.
There is a fundamental difference between adding unique content and ruining the experience of the original content by trying to outdo it with a total disregard of the game's color grading, detail resolution, shading style, etc.
Again, everyone is free to disregard this, just as I and others are free to state that this is important!

Guess DR should ask Gwyvern for a refund and just put the old II art back into it, right?
Why do you make up such a pathetic strawman argument?
All I did was to state the suggestion that Revenant could elevate his great work by relying on better (meaning more stylistically consistent) art content, which many great artists here readily supply and which he already chose in his newer mod!

The art Gwyvern does is amazing, especially in motion with GraphicsLib.  But you wouldn't know since you refuse to even try the mod.
So now you even make up that I have allegedly not seen the art. How pathetic!

The hypocrisy of your insults towards others is murdering my brain.
What hypocrisy?!! What insults!? That you can't handle that someone has a different opinion than yours only shows that you need to grow a spine and should educate yourself about matters like tolerance and constructive criticism!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:40:28 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 17, 2021, 08:39:18 AM »

You seem like a charming person with many friends.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 17, 2021, 08:42:33 AM »

You seem like a charming person with many friends.
You just wrote the second personal attack against me because you too can't tolerate my opinion and arguments.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 17, 2021, 09:20:30 AM »

You do realise the art in ship/weapon pack and the art in interstellar imperium are done by two different people right?
Are you really not capable to realize how rude it is to repeatedly criticize someone without bothering to even read what someone already wrote about the subject?!

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 17, 2021, 09:26:36 AM »

Are you really not capable to realize how rude it is to repeatedly criticize someone without bothering to even read what someone already wrote about the subject?!
Chill dude. Yes, some people cannot take any criticism (or seen any criticism at all) and yes, you have all rights to like\dislike something and talk about it.
But no, its pointless to start flame-war over this.
Show you opinion, explan it if you want, then move along.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 17, 2021, 09:56:09 AM »

Chill dude. Yes, some people cannot take any criticism (or seen any criticism at all) and yes, you have all rights to like\dislike something and talk about it.
But no, its pointless to start flame-war over this.
Show you opinion, explan it if you want, then move along.
I certainly don't regularly spend my time trying to argue with people over the internet, but I also think that indifference towards those, who believe that their right of opinion is above the one of others, is contributing towards intolerance. Suggesting to be indifferent towards it, particularly where intolerance is exercised, is an active support of intolerance.

You do realise the art in ship/weapon pack and the art in interstellar imperium are done by two different people right?

The irony
What do you believe did I allegedly not read?
You clearly didn't bother to read two separate replies of mine to the same claim which implied that I allegedly wasn't aware that the art wasn't created by Revenant!

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 17, 2021, 10:16:10 AM »

I never said anything about revenant, just that it's two different artists
OBVIOUSLY this comes from different artists! This has been talked about multiple times!
Holy crap! Your pretentiousness and total indifference towards what I have actually said has no limits!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:20:55 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 17, 2021, 10:21:39 AM »

@Everyone: please stop this off-topic argument right now. Further posts will be deleted; other moderator action, regarding either new or previous posts here, may be taken.

@Dark.Revenant: please let me know if you'd like me to clean out the last couple of pages of this thread.

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 17, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »

I am wondering how the built in hullmods will work with the imperial packages, and if the packages should be allowed to be built in at all.

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 17, 2021, 06:06:31 PM »

That is if you are fine with locking a ship into a permanent role and not go the modular route (kinda funny though, how modularity being the military buzz word these days).
Oh and people saying Gwyvern's sprite work is bad? You might want to actually provide useful artistic input directly to them instead of being a miserable a** spitting childish insults.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 06:12:10 PM by lechibang »
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #779 on: April 17, 2021, 07:37:51 PM »

@Everyone: please stop this off-topic argument right now. Further posts will be deleted; other moderator action, regarding either new or previous posts here, may be taken.

@Dark.Revenant: please let me know if you'd like me to clean out the last couple of pages of this thread.

Stopping the discussion here is fine enough.

I am wondering how the built in hullmods will work with the imperial packages, and if the packages should be allowed to be built in at all.

I don't plan on restricting the packages from being s-modded.  If you want to get a SO-Elite ship with a ton of extra OP to do what you want with, then have fun being stuck with an overpowered ship that hits 0 CR in two minutes flat.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 67