Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 940322 times)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.4.0
« Reply #750 on: April 16, 2021, 04:04:03 PM »

To be honest, I am surprised that the quality of this mod, particularly the sprites, is much lower than in Revenant's (same author) great Ship/Weapon pack.

Couldn't disagree more. This is a fantastic mod with amazing sound, music, and sprites. I don't think "low quality" is a constructive criticism that can help in any way.

ETA for Imperium, SWP, and Underworld: two-ish weeks. The upside is the update will be “complete”, as in the mods will have proper integration into the new systems...

Hype! Quoting this so that people who come to the thread will see it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:07:05 PM by ApolloStarsector »

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 16, 2021, 06:00:51 PM »

To be honest, I am surprised that the quality of this mod, particularly the sprites, is much lower than in Revenant's (same author) great Ship/Weapon pack.
I do not consider this mod because of this, but I won't start my modded .95 run before Ship/Weapon pack drops.

?????

The most  of his that I usually want is this one. So dunno what you talking about here.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 16, 2021, 07:08:04 PM »

I do not consider this mod because of this, but I won't start my modded .95 run before Ship/Weapon pack drops.

I think the ships look nice ;_;

TheDboys

• Ensign
  • Dr.Pavel, I'm CIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 16, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

The imperium ships are beautiful and fun to play so I disagree.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 07:36:34 PM by TheDboys »

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 16, 2021, 07:58:06 PM »

Count me in on Imaginary's pile-on.

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 17, 2021, 01:36:59 AM »

I have been finding it hard to play .95 without this mod.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 17, 2021, 02:13:38 AM »

I don't think "low quality" is a constructive criticism that can help in any way.

Stating that someone's more recent work is superior, is the essence of constructive criticism! And I was complimenting his work multiple times before.

To those disagreeing about the judgement and claiming that this is subjective:

The difference of quality is blatantly obvious.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:18:53 AM by sqrt(-1) »

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 17, 2021, 02:39:15 AM »

Imperium, Legacy of Arkgneisis and Roider Union sprites are being done by Gwyvern while Ship/Weapon pack by various people and under each ship on it's forum thread, you can see the credits.

I love Gwyvern art style and Dassault's vector art too but it's does look different to vanilla and most mods.
Being different art styles does not mean inferior or superior in that case.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:43:38 AM by witchking321 »

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 17, 2021, 02:48:28 AM »

I love Gwyvern art style and Dassault's vector art too but it's does look different to vanilla and most mods.
Being different art styles does not mean inferior or superior in that case.
Stylistic consistency is an objective measure for artistic quality.
The art style of the Ship & Weapon pack is vastly more in harmony with the base game.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:57:14 AM by sqrt(-1) »

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 17, 2021, 04:57:38 AM »

Hey DR just dropped by again to say I hope you are getting enough sleep! I know modding and Starsector can be fun but it will be even more fun with lots of good sleep! All the best and take your time with the update, im sure its worth the wait. We will be patiently waiting for what ever you are cooking up!

Roflzozicals

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 17, 2021, 05:32:13 AM »

You just dropped in here to say you think the sprites look bad?

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 17, 2021, 05:41:08 AM »

Obviously, the intention is to share the opinion that those can be improved, just as he already did in his more recent mod!
Holy crap are people dense nowadays because they believe the idiocy that any negative criticism is pure destructiveness! I have just explained in several posts why my post is constructive criticism, but yet you still feel entitled to beat the dead horse like a cliché mob-white-knight, with total disregard of what I have just said!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:48:20 AM by sqrt(-1) »

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 17, 2021, 06:54:03 AM »

Yeah thats pretty cringe ngl

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 17, 2021, 07:15:05 AM »

You're not being constructive at all, you just said it looks bad, you need to give actual advice to be constructive
WTF!?! I have stated that his other, newer work is a template on how to improve it!
Your pretentious white-knighting is just dumb and awkward! Please stop buggering others with your psychopathic Waldorf "philosophy"!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:20:07 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 17, 2021, 07:19:44 AM »

You're not being constructive at all, you just said it looks bad, you need to give actual advice to be constructive
WTF!?! I have stated that his other, newer work is a template on how to improve it!
Your pretentious white-knighting is just dumb and awkward!

You seem to be missing the point that witchking stated. If you look at the credits for his mods, it is clear that he is not an artist. It directly states that he does the programming/writing side and acquires art from other users. The ship sprites in this mod looks different not because Revanant has "improved" since then, but because they were drawn by different people.

The ship sprites in this mod were made by Gwyvern, who also made Legacy of Arkgneisis. Unsurprisingly, the art style between these two mods is the same because it is actually created by the same person.

Giving art criticism to Gwyvern would be more fruitful than giving art criticism to a programmer.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67