Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67

Author Topic: [0.97a] Interstellar Imperium 2.6.4  (Read 940275 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.9.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.0.1
« Reply #570 on: July 02, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

It’s to differentiate the roles on the default variants some more.  There’s also ITU on nearly every Targeting ship.  You don’t necessarily have to do this; you might in fact consider the armor package’s defensive benefits enough to not warrant Heavy Armor, and you might want it for the system modification more than the actual armor boost.

Terenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 04, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »

This mod, of all the one's I have currently active, is the only one that don't work. I launch the game, it's loading bar appears, and it CTD's with the following message:

Starsecotr 0.9a-RC10

Fatal: No enum constant
com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipHullSpecAPI.ShipTypeHints.PHASE
Check starsector.log for more info.

Any idea what I can do to solve this? I've tried running it with only the 'mods' that are required, and a mix of this and other mods. No luck yet.

Yes, I did change avatar and sig before I did anything else. I have not had the pleasure of being on a forum in years.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 04, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »

This mod, of all the one's I have currently active, is the only one that don't work. I launch the game, it's loading bar appears, and it CTD's with the following message:

Starsecotr 0.9a-RC10

Fatal: No enum constant
com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipHullSpecAPI.ShipTypeHints.PHASE
Check starsector.log for more info.

Any idea what I can do to solve this? I've tried running it with only the 'mods' that are required, and a mix of this and other mods. No luck yet.
There's your issue; you're a full game version out-of-date. Latest version of Starsector is v0.9.1 RC8, which this mod was/is created for.

Terenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 04, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »

So much for auto-updates... so me main game's version is outdated, and ALL OTHER MODS WORK? I assume then they have not been updated :D

I'm going to have to go look at how to manually update the game then, thanks for clearing this up at the least, I'm glad for that.

Yes, I did change avatar and sig before I did anything else. I have not had the pleasure of being on a forum in years.

namad

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 04, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »

To clarify starsector does NOT UPDATE.

What you will do is install starsector 0.9.1 into a new folder on your computer and then that program will work perfectly fine.
You'll also need new copies of all the ship and faction mods, as well as the three libraries (also nex). Mods like portrait packs or whatnot don't need to be updated.

All of this is actually GOOD, because if starsector did auto-update what would happen is ALL your mods would break every time that happened! Starsector has a very small filesize compared to most modern games so just installing a new copy is a totally acceptable way to handle things. If the entire game is a 200megabyte download then there's no reason not to just reinstall it.

edit: One reason you might be having problems with this mod (and not other mods) is that this mod has NO VERSION for 0.9. This mod was never updated to run on 0.9 after 0.9 was released. The author of this mod finished his overhaul of the mod very recently and it is made for 0.9.1. So old copies of this mod would work on 0.8.1 and new copies of this mod would work on 0.9.1.... there is no file anywhere that would be a copy of this mod which would work on 0.9. No one has ever run this mod with 0.9. So, there's nothing wrong with your files, you're just trying to do something that was never possible for anyone.

tl;dr

download the game here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/2019/05/10/starsector-0-9-1a-release/

then download all your mods over again just to make sure you have all the updates: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0
note: you should open the hyperlinks to mods which say they're updated for 0.9 (but not 0.9.1) because this post itself is outdated and some of the mods have very recently been updated to 0.9.1 and so this post doesn't list them as 0.9.1 also as I mentioned before things like the libraries are still working and required.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 08:19:26 PM by namad »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »

So much for auto-updates... so me main game's version is outdated, and ALL OTHER MODS WORK? I assume then they have not been updated :D

I'm going to have to go look at how to manually update the game then, thanks for clearing this up at the least, I'm glad for that.
Version Checker is your friend!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Terenin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 05, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »

Well, just finished re-DL'ing the game, the mods, extracting them and putting them in proper order. EVERYTHING is working just fine now.

Just a "tanks" seems a bit dull, but that's what I got - thanks a lot, I forgot the whole way this game's updates worked and this is now cleared up. o7

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 05, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »

Well, just finished re-DL'ing the game, the mods, extracting them and putting them in proper order. EVERYTHING is working just fine now.

Just a "tanks" seems a bit dull, but that's what I got - thanks a lot, I forgot the whole way this game's updates worked and this is now cleared up. o7

Not sure how everyone else does it but I generally play SS in bursts few weeks here, maybe months on a campaign ect. Basically whenever your about to start playing again its always best to do a fresh install on everything. Least in my opinion. I don't think I've ever really had a crash as long as I edit my memory and keep my mods up to date. Maybe a half dozen to a dozen over course of a few years, I think I've been playing since .65 so that's a pretty good record for a game still in active development.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.9.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.1.0
« Reply #578 on: July 12, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »

Presented without explanation.

Download Interstellar Imperium 2.1.0
Download Mirror
(Requires LazyLib 2.4e)
(Requires GraphicsLib 1.4.0)

- Supported by DynaSector 1.4.4 (Not yet updated!) -
- Supported by Nexerelin 0.9.2c (Updated!) -

We recommend Version Checker to notify you when an update is ready.

Having problems?  Visit the Mod Troubleshooting Guide!

Version 2.1.0:
- Revamped and vastly improved the Yamato IBB
- Added a new bounty featuring HELMUT
- Interstellar Bazaar support for Nexerelin
- Interstellar Bazaar no longer sells blueprints you already know
- Custos Defender range increased to 300 from 250
- Reduced Shock Buster minimum effectiveness versus smaller targets (except the Armor variant)
- Reduced Elite Shock Buster range, knockback, and EMP
- Titan is no longer functional when the Olympus is below 30% CR
- Combat can no longer end while a Titan blast is active

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Interstellar Imperium 2.1.0
« Reply #579 on: July 12, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »

PSA: If you get a crash like the following (missing "mult") with II 2.1.0, update your Nexerelin (requires 0.9.1c or later).

Spoiler

49175 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.setExerelinActive(VayraModPlugin.java:474)
    at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(VayraModPlugin.java:145)
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["mult"] not found.
    at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig.loadFactionConfig(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:367)
    at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinFactionConfig.<init>(ExerelinFactionConfig.java:169)
    at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig.loadSettings(ExerelinConfig.java:261)
    at exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig.<clinit>(ExerelinConfig.java:266)
    ... 7 more
[close]

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 14, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »

I'm trying to come up with a witty comment to express my appreciation, without much success.

So "good job" will have to do
On the left half of the Bell curve

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 14, 2019, 04:46:59 AM »

Got a crash while fighting against some II dudes with a nuke launcher in their fleet:

Code
2244011 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalStateException
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.remove(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.everyframe.II_TitanPlugin.advance(II_TitanPlugin.java:944)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #582 on: July 14, 2019, 04:53:25 PM »

Whoops, forgot one crash case.  That's a rare one, but probably happens more often for worse computers.

Here's a fix: https://bitbucket.org/DarkRevenant/interstellar-imperium/downloads/II.jar

nb8

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 18, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »

Is there a chance to get old sprites for mod? new painfully ugly

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 18, 2019, 10:49:07 AM »

...I don't think I've got words for that.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67