Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] ShaderLib Beta 1.2.1b (Legacy)  (Read 238935 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [Graphics] ShaderLib Alpha v1.7
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »

No.

I am making an update but I am currently extremely busy with schoolwork.  I will most likely wait for the hotfix patch.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [Graphics] ShaderLib Alpha v1.7
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2014, 05:24:40 PM »

Confirming that ShaderLib Beta v1.0 will be released in approximately 1-2 weeks, depending on when the next patch is released.  I may release a stop-gap 0.9 version tomorrow, lacking a few important features, just to get something out the door.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65a] ShaderLib Beta v0.9
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2014, 02:41:09 AM »

Major update!  This should help in terms of memory performance; due to smart texture loading, you can toggle settings to ease up VRAM usage.

Modders: settings.json is not used for texture definitions anymore.  See core_texture_data.csv for how to go about these changes.

We also recommend Version Checker 1.2 to notify you when an update is ready.

Beta v0.9 (October 23, 2014)
- Updated for Starsector 0.65a
- Shaders no longer draw on top of the UI
- Major stability update
- Shaders should behave more consistently
- Asteroids and missiles are now affected by lighting
- Weapon unders are now affected by lighting (barrels and loaded missiles are broken for now)
- All maps updated to reflect new ship sprites; new maps added for new ships/skins
- ShaderLib settings file renamed to "shaderSettings.json"
- Removed static texture definitions; mods should no longer define textures in settings.json
- Added smart texture loading to dramatically reduce memory usage when options are turned down
- Removed "category" and "key" columns from the texture data CSV
- Added "path" column to the texture data CSV
- Added "loadMaterial" option to shaderSettings.json
- Added "loadSurface" option to shaderSettings.json
- Added "useLargeRipple" option to shaderSettings.json
- Split "brightnessScale" to "intensityScale" and "sizeScale" options in shaderSettings.json
- Added method to DistortionAPI: float getArcAttenuationWidth()
- Several methods renamed or changed in some manner
- Removed ShaderLib.setVanillaViewport()
- Removed weapon "shadows" (the effect never worked quite right)

MasterGlink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] ShaderLib Beta v0.9
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »

Any way to enable the distortions and other effects in the vanilla game?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »

Those are implementation-dependent.  Uomoz's Sector and Starsector+, when updated, will provide those scripts.

MasterGlink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »

Hmm... that's unfortunate. Not to devalue the work of modders, but is the implementation itself particularly difficult? I am a developer familiar with Java, but I have very limited experience and exposure to game development and modding. I'd be willing to go so far as too implement it myself, since all I want right now is that amazing shield distortion effect.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »

The script I used in SS+ for shield distortions is in the mod jar.  You are free to copy the source over to a personal mod, if you wish.

MasterGlink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »

Hey, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Understanding all of the code and just about nothing else is a very confusing feeling. I've found the classes you're referring to, now I just need to figure out what to do with them... Still, it will be worth it in the end, so I will press on!

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:02 PM »

edit edit edit: never mind had something really screwy happen on my machine. Works fine T.T

getting this trace from shader lib from 65a-rc1 on linux

15286 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/atlas_af.png (using cast)
15336 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [shaderSettings.json]
15344 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [shaderSettings.json]
15381 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.loadTexture(Ljava/lang/String;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.loadTexture(Ljava/lang/String;)V
   at org.dark.shaders.util.TextureData.readTextureDataCSVNoOverwrite(TextureData.java:211)
   at org.dark.shaders.ShaderModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ShaderModPlugin.java:41)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.H.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I haven't got a dev environment for startsector set up right now, so I can't give you a fix right now.

edit: Sorry, I meant to say RC3, silent update O.o

edit edit: oh no wait the launcher is RC3, I think the version is still RC1 :3
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:00:02 PM by Ghoti »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65a] ShaderLib Beta v1.0
« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »

Update to bring everything up to scratch.  Barrels and loaded missiles are now lit!

We also recommend Version Checker 1.2 to notify you when an update is ready.

Beta v1.0 (November 3, 2014)
- Weapon barrels and loaded missiles are now affected by lighting
- Fixed bug with WaveDistortion

Nhoj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] ShaderLib Beta v1.0
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

Keep crashing when I deploy for a firefight.

http://puu.sh/cDN3W/7476014edc.log

There's starsector.log

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »

There's starsector.log

You need to install the latest Starsector update. You can download .65.1a here.

Nhoj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

There's starsector.log

You need to install the latest Starsector update. You can download .65.1a here.
Whoops, must have snuck up on me, I just bought the game.

With this out do you think that 90% of the mods will update to be playable?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:38 PM »

Whoops, must have snuck up on me, I just bought the game.

With this out do you think that 90% of the mods will update to be playable?

It's hard to say. The latest major SS update rewrote many of the core campaign mechanics, and virtually every mod on the forum broke completely as a result. Supporting these changes requires rewriting huge chunks of campaign code (especially for mods like SS+, U'sS and Vacuum that have extensive custom campaign scripting). This is why utility mods that don't mess with the campaign were updated within hours/days of the update's release, whereas even weeks later only a handful of faction mods have made the leap to .65a. Now that several modders have experience with the new market system, I expect that more faction mods will be updated soon with their help. :)

Fair warning, a lot of mods probably won't get an update. A lot of the authors of the older mods have moved on or are waiting for the game to reach 1.0 before updating, and others are too busy IRL to put in the large amount of work that .65a compatibility requires.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:59:24 PM by LazyWizard »

Nhoj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »

It's hard to say. The latest major SS update rewrote many of the core campaign mechanics, and virtually every mod on the forum broke completely as a result. Supporting these changes requires rewriting huge chunks of campaign code (especially for mods like SS+, U'sS and Vacuum that have extensive custom campaign scripting). This is why utility mods that don't mess with the campaign were updated within hours/days of the update's release, whereas even weeks later only a handful of faction mods have made the leap to .65a. Now that several modders have experience with the new market system, I expect that more faction mods will be updated soon with their help. :)

Fair warning, a lot of mods probably won't get an update. A lot of the authors of the older mods have moved on or are waiting for the game to reach 1.0 before updating, and others are too busy IRL to put in the large amount of work that .65a compatibility requires.

Oh well. I was trying to get an old version of SS running to play some of the mods but I ran into error after error and gave up.

Thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27