Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New kinds of Station Graphics  (Read 1806 times)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
New kinds of Station Graphics
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »

In each of the campaign mods that I have, the station graphics used for each station are all the same, and it kind of annoys me that the Tri-Tachyon (futuristic), Hegemony (ancient ships), Junk Pirates (literally junk), and Gun Runners (advanced smugglers) all use the same kind of station. Wouldn't the Tri-Tachyon guys have something like a an Astral-class-looking lump with highly advanced things, and the Junk Pirates something in the same style as their capital ship? And maybe their are other kinds of outposts, like a construction outpost (similar to construction_rig.png)? And one more thing, if/when we get to attack outposts, have construction drones flying around construction rigs, and some Xyphos fighters flying around an outpost, as well as a frigate or two flitting around the Hegemony station. In the end, most of these requests are graphical, and I would be glad to give my hand into creating one or two, as I have some ideas for the Tri-Tachyon station. ;)
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New kinds of Station Graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »

... I need to draw more station sprites. (Bear with me - they're really big.)

Degraine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: New kinds of Station Graphics
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 01:54:48 AM »

Really? Well, if they're the same kind of detail as the planets (which are gorgeous, by the way) and scaled down that explains it.

Actually- wait, this should go in a seperate thread.