Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 257903 times)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2014, 05:02:24 AM »

Oh man, so glad this is out now. Great timing, too -- was just looking for something new to suck me in for a good while, and this definitely fits the bill! This is going to be a blast.

Sabotsas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2014, 05:05:50 AM »

There is some inconstant information on the page about the pricing:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/faq/

How much will it cost?

$19.95. However, if you pre-order early (and often) during the coming beta you get 50% off!  If you give us $10 dollars before the official launch you get the game 100% free!!!  Wait a minute….

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://fractalsoftworks.com/preorder/

If you preorder now, you pay $15 – 25% off the final price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also thanks for this release, will check it out now :-)

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2014, 05:08:55 AM »

Yay new release!  :D  Being absurdly busy with school has it's perks (as in forgetting the agony of waiting, haha). Now hopefully I'll get a chance to check it out someday.  ;)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »

Hurrah, new version! Happy (early) Diwali to all our Hindu players! :D

HighAsASlothPie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 21, 2014, 06:48:47 AM »

I finally felt the need to post after lurking for longer than I care to remember, this update is just that awesome.

So I'm loving the smuggler/pirate play so far, goal is to systematically bring each pirate base in to control over its system whilst sabotaging the capital planets. Primarily I'm doing this via trading but I've had a small hitch. It's mentioned that it's possible to trade with a station even when inhospitable if your fleet is about 3 frigates big. Well as soon as I hit inhospitable I get the message about patrols breathing down my neck when trying to trade at all hegemony stations (my fleet was just a hound). Kinda put me at a hiccup as I was carrying 60 harvested organs intended for trade with them. Further tested this by doing the same with sindria and the same result.

Is this a bug or did I misread the patch notes? Guess I can work around it by just intercepting trade fleets and dropping the loot at pirate bases but using the new smuggling mechanic to achieve my goals would be far more entertaining.

Which also brings another question, anyone know the relationship caps for various actions? (smuggling, bounty hunting, trading etc)

Edit: So you can still smuggle with inhospitable factions BUT there can be no patrols nearby AND your fleet size needs to be around 3 frigates big or 1 destroyer, haven't tested enough for the exact limit as long as you aren't using high-tech ships it should be fine. Guess I did misread the patch notes lol.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:06:56 AM by HighAsASlothPie »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #275 on: October 21, 2014, 07:22:49 AM »

oh craaaaappppppp

HighAsASlothPie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 21, 2014, 07:27:58 AM »

-Doing bounties on pirates sends the game into easy mode very quickly. Everyone quickly decides they like you, and you start rolling in the bounty money. Speaking of bounties, there are no bounties for anyone besides pirates.

Yeah super easy mode, was making 15000 credits per pirate frigate for a couple days pretty much a week after the game start, needless to say my wolf tore up 145k worth of buffalo, cerbs and hounds in a single fleet fight. But the bounties apply to all enemies of the faction not just pirates, they are just a common enemy of everyone so killing pirates triggers every available bounty.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2014, 07:33:53 AM »

I finally have time to test it! Don't DISTURB me for the next 4-5 hours!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »

Is a tug from Asharu supposed to cost nearly 25,000 credits now?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 21, 2014, 08:36:55 AM »

150k from Bounties may seem like a lot but it's amazing just how quickly it disappears.

HighAsASlothPie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 21, 2014, 08:51:37 AM »

150k from Bounties may seem like a lot but it's amazing just how quickly it disappears.

This was just within about 10 mins of play and level 1. I owned 3 outfitted (not well outfitted but at least the right size guns lol) hammerheads with cash to spare. Yeah I agree it disappears quickly but it's the snowball effect, those 3 hammers will let me take on most pirate fleets without a cruiser in them which in turn will generate an even larger bounty. Buy more ships and well you get the picture. I know this is obviously an intended way for things to go but it just feels like the snowball can happen too quickly vs other early game careers.

Exodee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 21, 2014, 09:10:05 AM »

• BUG: I found Thermal Pulse Cannons, the Onslaught builtin weapon, for sale.  Worth 120,000, but with 0 OP cost plus its other stats, it would be a dream weapon for Sunder, Apogee, and Paragon.
You're not the only one; I found a whole bunch of these for sale on Tartassus. Quite overpowered if you can afford them, though this makes me wish there was a balanced variant thats equippable for all ships.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 21, 2014, 09:36:03 AM »

Pretty awesome so far but haven't had much time yet.  Several minor bugs it seems but haven't found anything others haven't reported already and nothing major.  Some tuning probably required.  Still, totally worth $30 and a steal at $15.  For me this game has always been fun in much of the way Elite (C64) and Privateer (PC) were. This update brings much much more of that.  IMO it's the closest successor to date to those two although different in some obviously significant ways.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »

AH HA! I'm not going crazy. Pirate ships are flipping between 'acting as independents' or 'pirates' indentity tags. Alex!

Yeah, I've noticed that happening quite a bit - usually to smugglers.
I thought that was an intended mechanic.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »

Agh, I can't decide if I should play the new update now or wait for a hotfix if there is one. :)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32