Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 257888 times)

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »

You removed my favorite character avatar, what gives!? This will not do one bit.

Bring back faceless blue visor man immediately.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »

You have faceless green visor man to compensate!

Also, on a somewhat related note:

What the hell?

It's the Achilles coming back to haunt you.

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »

I loved the new character avatars, and the whole sector feels so much more.... alive! Truly incredible compared to what we had to play with before. T'was well worth the wait in my opinion.  :D
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »

Omg! This had to drop on a week where I'm doing stuff on the road, lol.  Anyhow, congrats everybody and I'll play it when I have a lappy and free time :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

boogada

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »

Damn, I was just about to go to sleep and I decided to check here.

So much for that.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »

Having a blast so far Alex  :)
These are a few of my favorite things:
 -The progression curve is slower, but somehow much more fulfilling. The high tier weapons and ships are a great incentive to buddy up to the factions, but the black market is extremely tempting. In spite of the tier system preventing me from splurging on large ships, I still find myself low on cash fairly often thanks to misadventures, miscalculations, or simple attrition.
 -The ambiance is great. Paint jobs, orbiting fleets, intel, fleet variety, and customs all make the sector immersive and alive.
 -Fuel is useful! Traveling is necessary, risky, and fun.
 -Best of all - No more lugging piles and piles of supplies home after each fight!

Related to engines: Salamanders are now scary strong and almost always give a full flameout. Its nearly impossible in a Hammerhead (what I was flying) to stop them, even with 4x lrpd lasers. On the other hand they are finally a weapon to be reckoned with, so maybe its not a bad thing...

Hmm, really? Turning into it to help the lasers aim seemed to work for me, but I haven't tried it in a while.
It's been working for me too, but that's with unstable injector and 5 points in helmsmanship.

You removed my favorite character avatar, what gives!? This will not do one bit.
I really liked the first version of the old hegemony admiral (portrait_hegemony05), but the new, cranky version is good too. Still, I don't see why he had to be replaced. He was one of the best portraits in my opinion.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »

Two of the Hound skins have the "defective" paragraph in their description despite not actually being defective.

A few skins don't have descriptions (of their base hull).

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2014, 01:04:27 AM »

Alright Alex, we give up. What do these mean in the ship_data.csv?

c   c/fp   c/l

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 21, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »

Pretty fun so far! This is quite a good update!

A few things I've noticed on my first playthrough (these are intended to be helpful criticism  ;))
-It's reallllly hard to be a a smuggler. Trading with the pirates at all sends your reputation through the ground REALLY quickly! It seems absolutely impossible to become friendly with almost any of the factions (enough to buy a ship that doesn't suck) if you are smuggling at all!
-I think the pirate flag could be embellished a bit!
-For some strange reason, "pirate" is lowercase for everything. Probably something to do with the .faction.
-Doing bounties on pirates sends the game into easy mode very quickly. Everyone quickly decides they like you, and you start rolling in the bounty money. Speaking of bounties, there are no bounties for anyone besides pirates.
-I get scanned 2-3 times per system. Often once before I dock somewhere and once immediately after by the same faction (even if they are neutral/favorable!). If I tell them I don't want to pay, they'll simply wait a few seconds then try to scan me again! I mean, yeah it's fine to get scanned every once in awhile, but this is INSANE!!!
-Jump gates and planets often become completely hidden under the sheer number of fleets sitting around. Fleets seem to accumulate quickly in the more peaceful systems like Sindria and Eos.
-It's often completely possible to destabilize a smaller planet with a very small amount of illicit goods. On my first trade in the new update, I accidentally permanently destabilized Asharu by giving them all of my drugs.  :-X

My one wish for any future versions of this is to have a "pirate" start at the character selection screen. Right now it takes absolutely forever to make them friendly with you and they'll often try to attack you while you're doing that (which makes it even harder!).

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 21, 2014, 01:55:07 AM »

It seems to me, and most people here and on the chat, that the engine's health is WAY too low! You so much as LOOK an an Onslaughts backside funny and he will flameout! And this isn't with Injectors on either! I think you might had inverted their health boost

Alright Alex, we give up. What do these mean in the ship_data.csv?

c   c/fp   c/l

And while you are answering this: what is the "8/6/5/4%" stat mean?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 21, 2014, 02:09:38 AM »

Been holding out for the campaign updates, finally my monthly check shows the big update is here.
The changelog looks very promising, now I only have to get through the workday before getting my hands on it :)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #266 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:27 AM »

MissileRenderDataAPI does not seem to offer any way to grab the location of the loaded missiles, which is rather crucial for my purposes.  It would also save a huge amount of databasing legwork if it could also return the getProjectileSpecId of the loaded missiles, so I don't have to make yet another csv to cross-reference turrets to missiles.

Also, weapon.getBarrelSpriteAPI() creates a NPE, presumably when used on a weapon that lacks a barrel.  It should return null instead.

By the way, the main menu battle does not run renderInXCoords.  I don't know if this is by design or not.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:53:40 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2014, 03:39:06 AM »

AH HA! I'm not going crazy. Pirate ships are flipping between 'acting as independents' or 'pirates' indentity tags. Alex!

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 21, 2014, 03:42:46 AM »

Wait what?! I then went and killed the pirate which I knew was acting as 'independent' then I get a big loss in my relationship with indies!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2014, 04:30:42 AM »

And while you are answering this: what is the "8/6/5/4%" stat mean?

That is unused, was kept in as a reference set of values - something to do with keeping track of flux dissipation rates for different hull types - or something. I forget the detail but it is not used.

In fact:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=858.0

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32