Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Crew Assignment  (Read 2166 times)

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
Crew Assignment
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:54 PM »

Is there a way to ensure that certain craft are given crew experience priority?  I'd like to give my elites to the Xyphos wings, and fighter wings in general.

Also, is there a breakdown of what bonus/malus crew experience levels provide?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Crew Assignment
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »

No breakdown yet - will be in the crew tooltip at <some future date>. Briefly - better movement, less damage taken, better aim. Some penalties in the same vein for "green", and "regular" is neutral.

Put the ships you want the most experienced crew on first in the fleet list.

Kothar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »

No breakdown yet - will be in the crew tooltip at <some future date>. Briefly - better movement, less damage taken, better aim. Some penalties in the same vein for "green", and "regular" is neutral.

Put the ships you want the most experienced crew on first in the fleet list.

I know having more crew than you need for your ships bumps up repair rate; is there any bonus to using more experienced crew (does it hit the max 200% repair rate sooner or something), or are all crew the same for that purpose?

Alendor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »

some checkbox or something for crew priority would be a nice feature.  for example, in my fleet i put my fighters first, so they get the best pilots, then my main ships.  however every time i get a new fighter that i want crewed with my best pilots, i have to move every ship in my fleet 1 spot down the list.  when you have 10-15 ships this gets very frustrating, and seems like tedium.

i simple way to pick a ship and say, put my best pilots in it, would be nice, as opposed to having to select your ship, move it over one slot, rinse and repeat for entire fleet.