Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104556 times)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile

need ability to spawn wrecks on battle map, like meteors but they're old ships
you can switch out the graphics.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Kilvanya

• Commander
    • View Profile

/facepalm

damn i'm dumb

Dorfs R Fun

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well done, the most recent update is well balanced and the Gun Runners were more challenging then I thought they would be, especially in the early stages.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Totally awesome mod. Thanks for all your work. I couldn't imagine playing without it now.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

I have extracted the zip file into the mods folder, and checked the box in the mod option thing.

However, I can't find the station at planet IV, I have made three new saves and still no luck.

Can anyone help me?

Edit: I just had to wait for them to build it in five minutes. Silly me :)

That seems to be a common question. Maybe I should add a more visible in the first post note that they spawn in after the mod gets going for a bit...

Well done, the most recent update is well balanced and the Gun Runners were more challenging then I thought they would be, especially in the early stages.

Thanks for the feedback! This latest one I let run for a while and adjusted a few times to try and get the faction presence more balanced, glad it's working out.

Totally awesome mod. Thanks for all your work. I couldn't imagine playing without it now.

Glad you like it. I'm kind of surprised that it has already been downloaded over 350 times on this latest version. That's a third of the total member base of the forum :o.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Wow, that is a lot of downloads... Well I consider it a must have mod because one station selling mainly Hegemony stuff is just not enough.. :)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've been playing with shield and flux balance a bit. I did some sweeping changes, which I think are kinda fun. It's probably not very balanced, but I'm uploading a ship data file with these changes if anyone wants to play around with them.

What I did was:
Double the flux cost of absorbing damage with shields
Double the base flux capacity of all ships.
Double the armor of all ships.

This changes how combat plays out quite a bit. Ships absorb twice the flux for the same amount of damage, but still absorb about the same amount of total damage to their shields before maxing out the flux capacity - this makes the tactic of just sitting there taking hits from an enemy ship until they overload themselves less viable. Ships can fire their guns twice as long before filling that same capacity, so it gives a more offensive focus on flux usage. And venting the total capacity takes twice as long, so ships venting are vulnerable longer. And the doubled armor makes ships a bit more durable with their shields down and gives more incentive for focus firing on exposed hull areas (or turning to take damage on your armored sides), since armor is twice as hard to break.

The file edits all the core ships and the Gun Runners ships. It seems to be save compatible.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bubbadean

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm getting a Null pointer exception when trying to load up a new game with Junk Pirates and TT. I haven't come across any specific solutions.

I tried the whole data file merge mentioned here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=161.msg8761#msg8761

but to no avail. In fact, the exception didn't seem to change. 

Works fine with Starfarer extended and solo, however.

Any suggestions before I dive into the code itself?

Stack below:

15529 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.GRModGen.generate(GRModGen.java:24)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.K.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.super.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O00o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.E.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoOo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.super.ôøÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.super.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Have you deleting the entire mod and reinstall it? Unzipping over the top of an existing mod makes it go crazy sometimes.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

That file isn't needed with the 1.02 version (it would probably spawn duplicate convoys).

Not sure what the error might be, though. It's showing at line 24 of GRModGen, which is    

SectorEntityToken token = system.createToken(15000, 0);

Which must mean it isn't finding the Corvus system (getting a null for the previous line's getStarSystem). Did you perhaps rename the Corvus system in your sector gen or something? It's getting the star system by name.

bubbadean

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Have you deleting the entire mod and reinstall it? Unzipping over the top of an existing mod makes it go crazy sometimes.

Both mods were clean installs from the start. The data dir merge was done as part of a suggestion from the forum.

That file isn't needed with the 1.02 version (it would probably spawn duplicate convoys).

Not sure what the error might be, though. It's showing at line 24 of GRModGen, which is     

SectorEntityToken token = system.createToken(15000, 0);

Which must mean it isn't finding the Corvus system (getting a null for the previous line's getStarSystem). Did you perhaps rename the Corvus system in your sector gen or something? It's getting the star system by name.

I didn't touch anything outside of the data dir merge. I noticed that as well (I took a cursory glance), the only thing I can really think of is either Junk Pirates is stomping on it by creating something else and misnaming it, or it hasn't gotten around to the creation at the point your script runs. I'm at work right now, so I can't really get in there and check, but I'll take a look when I get home. I'm also using the 1.03 version. Should I downgrade to 1.02?

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

No, 1.03 is just the 1.02 version with fixed balancing. That old data merge file was for 1.01. You don't need anything to get version 1.03 working with junk pirates. Just have them in separate folders and enable them both.

I just downloaded the latest junk pirates version and found out why its crashing though. For some reason he added a duplicate generators.csv in the mod again. It's a copy of the core generators.csv (so it has the same entry) which makes it screw up the merging the game does with that file. Not sure why people keep adding that to their mods, it doesn't do anything except break compatibility with other mods. Go into junk_pirates\data\world and delete generators.csv and it will work.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:52:54 AM by Paul »

bubbadean

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Interesting, I remember coming across a post regarding something about that, but I don't remember seeing a generators.csv anywhere in Junk Pirates when I went digging. I'm probably blind though.

Anyway, thanks for the investigation, I appreciate it. I'll update when I get back to the Fleet Commander's bridge.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

I got a question... I'm using Starfarer extended and this mod, but I can't seem to find any of the extended's ships in the stations, and I very rarely, if ever, see the ships in fleets. I only see the Goose and the Oort oh and the Scarab and Sheperd. Anywho, I'm just wondering if there is something I have to do to get the ships to show up in stations and in fleets more?

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile

He doesn't have any gen files or spawn points in that mod, so the only place the new ships will be is in the faction fleets.

If none of his ships are showing up in the Tri-Tachyon faction fleets, my tritachyon.faction file is probably overwriting his (if his is overwriting mine it would crash when it tried to find the convoys, heh). Merging the two faction files will get more of his ships in their fleets.

Here is a merged tritachyon.faction file for version 0.25 of SF Extended. Just replace the one in the SF Extended folder (sf_extended\data\world\factions) with that one, and delete the one in my folder. Just remember to replace the one in my folder if you later want to run my mod without SF Extended.

As far as getting his ships into the stations, someone would have to either create a special station for them or just add/edit a convoy to deliver them to some other station.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11