Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104545 times)

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Station mod - 1.02, now with Gun Runners faction
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »

Jesus the every weapon station is beautiful--made the perfect medusa fits and if you got okims mod on there you get tons of cheap weapons to experiment with!

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »

You would release this right as I got comfortable with my TTstation/junkpirates/SFextended meld...

TO THE NOTEPAD

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »

I kind of thought the mechanic of getting weapons in over time and starting with crap in the stores was an artificial and silly thing. Having everything in one place might be a bit much, but it's convenient and allows people who haven't played before to easily see whats available and what they want to save up money for. Getting the money to actually buy the weapons and the ships is the challenge - not waiting on a random number generator to give you a lucky number and spit out the weapon you wanted.

Why would stations have junk now and great stuff in a few months, anyway? Did someone fly through the system and buy out all the good stuff right before you showed up?

Once we have more than one system we can do things like having different weapon availability based on where you are so the player has to travel around to pick up the gear they wanted, but until then it's nice to have everything available to play with.
Agree, the universe existed before the player started

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2012, 03:47:21 AM »

Only one thing I've seen that is a little frustrating is the gun runner faction has fleets EVERYWHERE ha. They seem to faceroll all the other factions by pure numbers. If i knew more about the scripting i would set it so that the other 2 factions have more fleets active at once, as that was an annoyance of mine in vanilla, not enough fleets going on at once.

Vizzy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2012, 07:28:12 AM »

Only one thing I've seen that is a little frustrating is the gun runner faction has fleets EVERYWHERE ha. They seem to faceroll all the other factions by pure numbers. If i knew more about the scripting i would set it so that the other 2 factions have more fleets active at once, as that was an annoyance of mine in vanilla, not enough fleets going on at once.

Exactly. Great mod, it just seems the Gun Runners are a major super-power, more numerous then even the Hegemony! I think something along the lines of the 'independent' faction would be ideal (or maybe just a little more than them).

Apart from that, good stuff   ;D

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2012, 07:29:45 AM »

I only put 15 fleets at once, same as pirates and the independent faction, but I guess thats a bit much in combination with pirates heh. TT only gets 10 while Hegemony gets 5 patrols and the defense fleet. Gun Runners only spawn 3 types of convoys - small smuggler group with the light carrier and 15 fleet points worth of fighters, large smuggler group with the medium carrier and 30 points worth of fighters, and raider group with max 30 points worth of frigates and destroyers (usually 2 destroyers + 1 frigate, sometimes 2 frigates + 1 destroyer, with varying destroyer loadouts). The smuggler groups are kind of focused though, they go straight to the other stations. The raiders simply raid the system. I attached a file to this post adjusting the fleets down to 5, although it requires a new game (or at least a game set before the gun runners launched their station) since theres no way to adjust numbers on an already placed spawn point.

As far as SF Extended compatibility, it has two things breaking compatibility with this mod:
1). The tritachyon.faction file. To fix this, you need to delete either his or mine and replace the other one with a merged file - I attached one to this post with my convoys in a file with his changes.
2). He has a generators.csv file referencing the default sectorgen (an unnecessary duplicate of the base game one, which causes mod conflicts if present - same issue the junk pirates mod had). It's not needed, so simply deleting it from his mod works fine.

-edit - removed the GR numbers adjustment, since I have it fixed up in 1.03.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:53:55 PM by Paul »

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »

Oh, any more opinions on the prices for faction resets?

Also, I'm surprised nobody has commented on the icon I used for the faction resets. It's an iPad with Alice in Wonderland displayed on it from here, shrunk down and tinted green.  ;)

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 09:07:42 AM »

Make green Valkyrie.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

loving the mod so far.. if i had 10 thumbs i would give them to  your mod.. as mother nature is cruel she only saw fit to give me 2... so i give you 2 thumbs up.

also would love to see some more green ship variants  ;)

and LOVING the mid range carrier.. YAY... "toasts a mug of rum"
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »

Yeah i got it all doing what appears to be working together - Trytachyon and gunrunners stations have been deployed, and everything at least looks mostly right.

Merging via notepad isnt too difficult, and honestly the most annoying part was when excel whined at me because it didnt want to edit two .csv files of the same time at the same time. Otherwise, took only a few minutes to get them all moved together

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »

Shouldn't need to edit csv files to get mods to work together. The game automatically merges those files as long as conflicts don't exist.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »

Wait, really? You mean.. actually run multiple mod directories at once?

I didnt even consider doing that..

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »

my world is now 90% gunrunners

nomads/pirates>me>tri-tachyon/hegemony>gunrunners
the gunrunners ain't no smugglers they're a sickly green invasion force but they sell good ships this mod is amazing!

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:37 AM »

The hegemony should be like a far off police force that only runs the show because they send in a huge police force every so often--let the other factions thrive but then when the hegemony supply convoy comes have it come with like 4-5 badass strike forces that clean up the system till they are wiped out. Is there also a way to make the pirates spawn stronger fleets when you get stronger fleets? You really have no choice but to attack all the other factions once your to slow to catch the pirate fleets but it would be fun if there was a large pirate fleet you could occasionally attack.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:26 AM »

my world is now 90% gunrunners

nomads/pirates>me>tri-tachyon/hegemony>gunrunners
the gunrunners ain't no smugglers they're a sickly green invasion force but they sell good ships this mod is amazing!

Yea, that wasn't really intended haha. I just set them to spawn kinda like pirates, without realizing they would overwhelm the Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon.

I'll put up a new version with slower spawning gun runners so they don't overwhelm everything. I can add an extra Hegemony and Tri-Tachyon spawn point, too. Should make for a more crowded and active system.

Anything else I should change while im at it? Maybe some more independents too?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11