Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Gun Runners mod 1.06 for Starfarer 0.53a (previously Tri-Tachyon Station mod)  (Read 104021 times)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Station mod
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »

Oh, thats just the way Google Docs handles zip files apparently. Wasn't doing it with 7zip. Wonder if theres an option to disable getting files individually and just make it give you the whole zip.

You don't click and download each file individually, you're supposed to click Download Original (upper right), which gives the whole zip file instead of piecemeal like it does if you click the files individually.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »

If you want to have the .zip archive mirrored, I could give you the direct link I set up for Levik earlier on my own website. Might help avoid confusion, though mod updates might take a little while to get mirrored as well. A PM should work for that, though. Let me know if you're interested.

Great little mod, I really hope that this gets added to the main game eventually. :)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »

I'll have an updated version soon.

Some things I'm working on for the next version:
A new faction of smugglers that sell every weapon in the game.
A way to fix your relationship with factions.
Making the mod more compatible with other mods (although I don't think I'll be able to remove the faction dependence for compatibility with mods that edit the default factions, unless I made a duplicate tritachyon faction for their convoys - but that's probably a bad idea).
A few new ships - mostly recolors of existing ones with different turret slots, but I made one new frankenstein ship by putting together pieces of others that looks pretty good imo.

Heres the frankenstein ship, aptly colored a nice sickly green  ;D:

Think that's an OK size for a cruiser? Now that I look at it it seems kinda smallish for a cruiser, but I already did all the weapon points and such so im not sure I want to enlarge it heh.

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 10:34:18 AM »

have to say i like it... all symmetric and stuff  ;)

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »

The symmetry was one part me liking symmetry and one part me being lazy.

Make one side of ship, copy, flip, paste. Hey look, the other side of the ship.  ;)

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »

Make one side of ship, copy, flip, paste. Hey look, the other side of the ship.  ;)
believe thats the way humans have been designing ships since rowboat  ;)

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 11:25:29 AM »

believe thats the way humans have been designing ships since rowboat  ;)

Well that and mainly for stability reasons.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Station mod - 1.02, now with Gun Runners faction
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »

Just released the 1.02 version. I play tested it a bit and everything should be working, but let me know if something goes wrong.

-edit- Oh, and this one should be compatible with other mods as long as they don't edit the tritachyon.faction file. If they do, you'll need to merge the changes (add my changes to the other mod's tritachyon.faction file, or vice versa if it's mine overwriting the other's).

Forgot to add: The new faction's station is on planet V. I also removed the empty one on planet I.

And testing mod compatibility, it works fine with the Nomads right off. With junk pirates you have to delete his extra generators.csv, it's a duplicate of the default one and for some reason having a duplicate in a mod breaks other mods generators.csv files.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:19:55 PM by Paul »

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »

Is it necessary to create a new file in order to use this mod? I am in approximately the 221st cycle, but I would really like some extra stations.

EDIT: Derp, didn't read the other posts before posting. Either way, is there a way to edit in the new factions/etc.?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:29:50 PM by ArthropodOfDoom »
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »

Probably, but I wouldn't know how. Never really tried editing the SF saves yet.

You'd probably have an easier time just making a new save and editing in the money to buy yourself another fleet.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

I don't see why not. In fact, I think I will keep my current fleet as a memoir of my first really successful fleet, being the only one to get past a couple of ships. Oh, and the Bomber-Lasher sounds fun as well. :D

leonvision

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »

Make one side of ship, copy, flip, paste. Hey look, the other side of the ship.  ;)
believe thats the way humans have been designing ships since rowboat  ;)

Well that and mainly for stability reasons.

that for moving through a fluid though so it doesnt apply in space, but the weight and thrust distribution does still take a factor

-snip-

in my opinion the TT and the gun runner station needs to be rebalanced, getting stockpiles of every weapon at jan 23 cycle 206 is way too early and overpowered. i know most players will not have the money to buy the weapons and ship equipable by that time, but part of the fun before is to adapt to what you have available, and waiting for the weapons you want.

i think, for the gun-runners, should have all the weapons available to be supplied through their convoys, but not all in stock from the very beginning. same with the TT station, but only energy weapons( and possibly missiles).

aside from that, it's fine, might want to increase the pricing on the relation resets tho, since it's more of a late game item and 30000~90000creds isnt that much.
twitter: lagdotexe - mainly about gaming

Paul

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »

I kind of thought the mechanic of getting weapons in over time and starting with crap in the stores was an artificial and silly thing. Having everything in one place might be a bit much, but it's convenient and allows people who haven't played before to easily see whats available and what they want to save up money for. Getting the money to actually buy the weapons and the ships is the challenge - not waiting on a random number generator to give you a lucky number and spit out the weapon you wanted.

Why would stations have junk now and great stuff in a few months, anyway? Did someone fly through the system and buy out all the good stuff right before you showed up?

Once we have more than one system we can do things like having different weapon availability based on where you are so the player has to travel around to pick up the gear they wanted, but until then it's nice to have everything available to play with.

As far as the resets, I could raise it a bit if folks think it should be raised - I just didn't want to make it too high. Some folks don't have such an easy time raising money - and when the AI is fixed to not retreat and surrender when you buzz them a few times it should be a bit harder to rake in tons of cash.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:57 PM »

Yeah until we get new systems theres no reason to artificially limit anything--you can have attrition work its wonders and eventually run out of weapons to which you must wait for the convoy to restock.

Love the idea of a new faction and better station layout and mods being compatible.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »

Now that you've coded it, how hard would it be to just have the Gun Runners be the Independent faction. I think that would make a lot more sense, as I don't really need the extra ships.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11