Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325115 times)

CitizenJoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.4.0
« Reply #2730 on: April 12, 2016, 05:36:21 PM »

So Dark, what is happening with the IBB? Some of the bosses on the chopping block like the Lancehead and Stheno don't seem to be particularly offensive in any way and provide some pretty interesting fights. Is it because of buggy behavior, lack of distinction from the original ship classes, or some other reason?

Venatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 12, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »

so...what exactly do you mean by "removed Kestrel", because i was planning on a new playthrough with all the mods and the 3 Kestrels where like the core of my new fleet.....
i usually also use Bulls or Vanguards and at least 1 Rook.

do i wait a few days till you get them in again? are they gone for good? i dont know what to do now.....

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 12, 2016, 10:18:49 PM »

I think one of the issues with the vengeance fleets is that if they get destroyed by something that isn't you, they still escalate. I just checked my events, and the Hegemony Revenge description says that the Hegemony has escalated the conflict to the highest possible level, but I've never actually fought a Hegemony vengeance fleet. They almost always get distracted by something else, like pirates or a Tri-Tachyon vengeance fleet, and end up getting destroyed before I ever have to fight them… until they get so big they can just punch through everything in their way. From the players perspective, this looks like the angered faction is suddenly jumping to the maximum possible escalation level with very little, if any, warning.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2733 on: April 12, 2016, 10:33:51 PM »

I think one of the issues with the vengeance fleets is that if they get destroyed by something that isn't you, they still escalate. I just checked my events, and the Hegemony Revenge description says that the Hegemony has escalated the conflict to the highest possible level, but I've never actually fought a Hegemony vengeance fleet. They almost always get distracted by something else, like pirates or a Tri-Tachyon vengeance fleet, and end up getting destroyed before I ever have to fight them… until they get so big they can just punch through everything in their way. From the players perspective, this looks like the angered faction is suddenly jumping to the maximum possible escalation level with very little, if any, warning.

Actually, they'd rise up regardless of what you'd do.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »

Actually, they'd rise up regardless of what you'd do.
Huh. Well, the problem still exists, massive vengeance fleets seem to just suddenly show up one day, whether they escalate from being destroyed or on their own. I think vengeance fleets should probably be less easily distracted. I mean, they're dedicated to hunting you down, they probably shouldn't go running after every passing enemy patrol or small-time pirate fleet. This would also mean the player is more likely to fight the initially small yet steadily increasing in size vengeance fleets before they turn into massive 70+ ship deathballs, and so get the hint that the fleets are just going to get bigger and bigger.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:14:37 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 12, 2016, 11:05:18 PM »

I kinda agree, it's bizarre how short their attention span is

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2736 on: April 13, 2016, 01:05:29 AM »

Notice: In light of health concerns and the amount of time I'm stuck spending on it (read: so much that I'd rather be doing my actual IRL job instead), I am permanently ceasing development of Starsector+.

In the coming month I'll be splitting IBB, Cabal, and the SS+ ship/weapon pack (incl. randomizer) into their own mods.

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 13, 2016, 01:25:57 AM »

So this is goodbye, or you just mean you are stopping the overly complicated development of ss+ as a whole to smaller more manageable parts and will still be around the community dark?

sycspysycspy

• Commander
  • Translator of the Council of AL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 13, 2016, 01:44:31 AM »

Notice: In light of health concerns and the amount of time I'm stuck spending on it (read: so much that I'd rather be doing my actual IRL job instead), I am permanently ceasing development of Starsector+.

In the coming month I'll be splitting IBB, Cabal, and the SS+ ship/weapon pack (incl. randomizer) into their own mods.
May the force be with you. May the eternal sun shine upon thee.
Please report any translation error to me with PM.
- I just went over to my bank account and figured out I can live comfortably without working for the rest of my life as long as I die on next Tuesday.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2739 on: April 13, 2016, 02:05:17 AM »

So this is goodbye, or you just mean you are stopping the overly complicated development of ss+ as a whole to smaller more manageable parts and will still be around the community dark?

Didn't say I was stopping my other mods.  However, SS+ is too large and out-of-scope to continue.  I literally don't have the time to continue maintaining it.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:41 AM »

Take care of yourself. Nobody else can do that for you.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 13, 2016, 03:19:24 AM »

Ok, so Starsector+ is ceasing it's continuation and will be split into separate parts is it? I guess that's ok. It's complicated and far bigger than most mods anyway. Good luck and have fun. Do what you wish to do.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 13, 2016, 03:49:15 AM »

Speaking from personal experience, feeling obliged to do things you don't want to do isn't good health-wise. Get better. Thanks for all the hours you put into SS+.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 13, 2016, 04:06:26 AM »

holy crap.. D:

best of luck to you (and your health) and thanks so much for all the work you put into this!

Wild Card

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 13, 2016, 04:30:14 AM »

Take care of yourself D. R. and thank you for a wonderfull mod and hours upon hours of enjoyment from playing it. I hope your health issues get resolved with a favorable outcome.
Gl and thanx again for the great mod. Get well soon !!!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 197