Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325277 times)

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 3.0.0
« Reply #1815 on: December 09, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »

Did you disable the MusicLib in the mod selector?

actually I deleted it from the mod folder when I replaced SS+ with the no music version.

Which portraits?  SS+ only adds player portraits and IBB portraits - disabling the former is pointless and disabling the latter is impossible.

player portraits, the kind you select when starting a new character. Saying it's pointless is a non-answer. I don't want anime characters next to a different art style.

you know, they might be from one of the supported faction mods.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 09, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »

That's Blackrock and Shadowyards to my knowledge.

Zelphir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Crash
« Reply #1817 on: December 09, 2015, 03:41:06 PM »

Hello everyone I have been trying to get starsector+ started and to my knoweldge everything is installed correctly I hope you can help

I will start starsector+ up ( Music or non Music version ) with the required libraries. The game starts and goes to the loading screen where it loads to 99% and errors out to this message crashing the game.

22374 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getEntriesForRole(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/List;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getEntriesForRole(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/List;
   at data.scripts.variants.SSP_Database.rebuildRoleEntries(SSP_Database.java:575)
   at data.scripts.variants.SSP_Database.init(SSP_Database.java:181)
   at data.scripts.SSPModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(SSPModPlugin.java:214)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Lazy Lib is version 2.1

Shader lib is version 1.1.2

Update - I saw my game version was RC10 and the version on the website was RC5 so I missed that. My bad. Problem resolved. I will leave this here in case other people encounter this error however.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:57:24 PM by Zelphir »

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 09, 2015, 03:41:58 PM »

Did you disable the MusicLib in the mod selector?

actually I deleted it from the mod folder when I replaced SS+ with the no music version.

Which portraits?  SS+ only adds player portraits and IBB portraits - disabling the former is pointless and disabling the latter is impossible.

player portraits, the kind you select when starting a new character. Saying it's pointless is a non-answer. I don't want anime characters next to a different art style.

you know, they might be from one of the supported faction mods.

It's easy to remove portraits by editing .faction files. Just make sure you edit the "player" .faction in the mod's directory to remove references there too (it's used for selecting portraits on startup)

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 09, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »

You should tell Alex to fix that vanilla variant then  :P

I dunno, Sure, it's a vanilla variant, but it's never used by any faction, and the player can't acquire it until they invest some points in technology. I feel like there's a difference between being in the pre-made variant list as an example of what you could do, and being given it when you start out.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 10, 2015, 02:20:35 AM »

Are you supposed to be unable to find any supplies or fuel at any station? Currently I will find at most 200-300 fuel and far fewer supplies at every single station I have checked including some military markets.

This means that I don't even get enough fuel to replace what I spend to get to said station,since I have a massive fleet that burns through 70 fuel a day and I am forced to engage fleets on the way to try and scavenge some plus I constantly need even the piddling 50 fuel you can always find on the black market.

So is this a bug or...?

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 10, 2015, 04:53:49 AM »

Also, is there any way to edit some of the hullmods included in here? I'm thinking especially maximized ordnance has penalties that far outweigh the benefits and I'd like to tweak a little more to my liking

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 10, 2015, 05:12:07 AM »

Are you supposed to be unable to find any supplies or fuel at any station? Currently I will find at most 200-300 fuel and far fewer supplies at every single station I have checked including some military markets.

This means that I don't even get enough fuel to replace what I spend to get to said station,since I have a massive fleet that burns through 70 fuel a day and I am forced to engage fleets on the way to try and scavenge some plus I constantly need even the piddling 50 fuel you can always find on the black market.

So is this a bug or...?
That is usually a problem with the other factions mods you are using. SS+ itself barely nudge the sector economy.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 10, 2015, 06:31:14 AM »

Do the ships still have inherent range bonus or were they removed? Also, does Logistical Oversight still reduce the supply usage or does it only speed up CR recovery?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:43:58 AM by JohnDoe »

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 10, 2015, 07:53:29 AM »

you could try a fuel port like sindrian diktat's homeworld.

if it's a temporary economic fluctuation you could try leaving some of your fleet in storage til you find more fuel.

AeusDeif

• Ensign
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 10, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »

regarding the upcoming changes for 3.0.1, "Faction hostility events now drop your reputation to hostile at the start if you're commissioned"

will your reputation move back up to inhospitable/suspicious at the end of hostilities? or will a hostile faction keep shooting you even after it makes peace with the faction you're commissioned with?

also regarding "Market weapons and ships now depend on stability (overall abundance is decreased)"

does ship availability also relate to market size or the nature of the market? (as in military markets having military ships on open market, non military more civilians ships, and are faction ships more available in markets of their faction?)

I ask because in a recent playthrough it seemed that ships from various factions were a lot more ubiquitous than I expected, I'm actually looking forward to less abundance

That's Blackrock and Shadowyards to my knowledge.

true, but starsector plus/graphics/ssp/portraits had some too

It's easy to remove portraits by editing .faction files. Just make sure you edit the "player" .faction in the mod's directory to remove references there too (it's used for selecting portraits on startup)

tyvm for the tip! I decided to try just replacing the resources in the mods' graphics/portrait folders. same names but generic portraits.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:25:22 AM by AeusDeif »

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:56 AM »

Hostile with both Syndria and the Hegemony... Any info on hullmods?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1827 on: December 10, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »

Do the ships still have inherent range bonus or were they removed? Also, does Logistical Oversight still reduce the supply usage or does it only speed up CR recovery?

Yes to range, no to supply usage.  If it actually reduced supply per deployment, you could deploy more ships than you are normally supposed to be able to.  I'll consider doing it for monthly supply costs though.  Note that the Minimized Logistics hullmod DOES reduce supplies per deployment, making it easier to deploy.

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »

Will there ever be an option to disable the crew payments in so I can actually have money on hand to keep buying supplies and fuel?

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:31 PM »

It appears that if you lose the Starsector Arcade mission and then play a different mission, the post processing effects don't disappear.

Spoiler

[close]
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 197