Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325363 times)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.6.7
« Reply #1245 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

Do you have the RC2 version of .65.2a?

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 09, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.getCustomData()Ljava/util/Map;

This is a typical error when you run some .65.2a-RC2 mod on .65.2a-RC1.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/illustrations/urban00.jpg] resource, not found in [anywhere]

Strange, the missing file is an Starsector-core file. Have no idea about this one.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1247 on: March 09, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »

Both errors are from not having RC2.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 10, 2015, 12:15:31 AM »

I must not have reinstalled Starsector and was still holding onto the version with magazine-fed ballistics. Lemme just fix that.  :D

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/illustrations/urban00.jpg] resource, not found in [anywhere]

Strange, the missing file is an Starsector-core file. Have no idea about this one.
That would explain why I couldn't find the file by searching all the mods. The last time I had an "Error loading (insert image file here)" get thrown at me was playing on my craptop and loading up Ascendancy. The high res textures for planets and backgrounds were too much for integrated gfx and threw a crash, but Psiyon released them at half or quarter size or something like that to more easily load on low end tech.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 10, 2015, 03:36:52 PM »

I've observed an enemy fleet with a Paragon, which has Extended shields hull mod. This gives it an impressive 420 Degree protection Presumably this makes sure that attacks from above or below on the spacial plane are also blocked :p
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »

I mentioned that before; apparently there's no way for the load out generator to ask the game what a ship's shield coverage is yet.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 10, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »

I mentioned that before; apparently there's no way for the load out generator to ask the game what a ship's shield coverage is yet.
Hmm. If the loadout generator could see the ship-name instead, then it would probably be possible to exclude Paragon or Similar.

Still, not a huge deal. Just makes the target ship weaker after all :p

I've tried out the Plasma Flamer. It doesn't seem particularly competitive. It's damage isn't much better than alternatives with more range, so the risk required to use it seems too high. If anyone else uses them, what builds make it effective?

The new Skill designs are pretty impressive. All three trees have a lot of things I want BADLY.
I could list all the examples, but I wont.
Most notably however is that the skills which used to be purely to benefit the Player's Flagship now all have at least one effect that effects the whole fleet.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:45:44 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 10, 2015, 05:21:45 PM »

I've tried out the Plasma Flamer. It doesn't seem particularly competitive. It's damage isn't much better than alternatives with more range, so the risk required to use it seems too high. If anyone else uses them, what builds make it effective?

i haven't used them in a while, so this is purely from my shotty memory, but i believe i had a fairly effective setup at one point using them on my ships (brawlers mainly i think, but i might be wrong). I'm pretty sure that it worked well on both front-heavy ships for a finisher, and faster, flanking ships to utterly destroy engines.

i could also be totally wrong, but i do know i ran with them for a while on at least a couple of my ships, although maybe it was just for the appeal of burning space-scum with giant flamethrowers. That should be reason enough though right?
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1253 on: March 10, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »

Hmm. If the loadout generator could see the ship-name instead, then it would probably be possible to exclude Paragon or Similar.

That causes extra maintenance because I have to manually check, i.e. myself, in person, with each update, the shield arcs of every hull.  No.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 10, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »

Well, ostensibly shield arc changes would be important enough to be included in the patch notes. So after doing the entire fleet once you would only ever have to check the patch notes of each update and adjust the file accordingly. It's probably still too much work for something so minor even then though, and that solution doesn't help for player made ships from other mods in ss+... It really would be convenient if you could simply ask the code to check the 'SHIP.data shield arc' stat and return a value below or above a certain point and that would determine whether it used extended shields etc. I honestly have no idea how you'd do that though I'm no code monkey, which is mostly the reason why the Scion collective is still only usable in 0.6.1(ish)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1255 on: March 10, 2015, 07:30:32 PM »

Well, ostensibly shield arc changes would be important enough to be included in the patch notes. So after doing the entire fleet once you would only ever have to check the patch notes of each update and adjust the file accordingly. It's probably still too much work for something so minor even then though, and that solution doesn't help for player made ships from other mods in ss+... It really would be convenient if you could simply ask the code to check the 'SHIP.data shield arc' stat and return a value below or above a certain point and that would determine whether it used extended shields etc. I honestly have no idea how you'd do that though I'm no code monkey, which is mostly the reason why the Scion collective is still only usable in 0.6.1(ish)

The reason I haven't done that is because I can't "ask the code" what the shield arc is, for some reason.  I doubt I ever will be able to.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »

You can't just make it search the file and find a result?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »

You can't just make it search the file and find a result?

That's not scalable to things like built-in hullmods etc.  For example, Neutrino ships would show up as 0 degrees.  There are other ways around that, in turn, but then we're talking about a large mess of code for something that's really a pointlessly small feature.

Richyread

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 12, 2015, 01:07:45 AM »

Encountered a game freeze and had to end task the game to restart it.

Captured the below from the log files

Spoiler
2513346 [Thread-5] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab: null
java.lang.IllegalStateException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.remove(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.PlayerTransactionLineItemData.øÕ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.IntelTabData.performCleanup(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.I.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.showCore(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:39)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOO.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.O0OO.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:97)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:110)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:142)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thisnew.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Has only happened once, is this an issue?

Richy.

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 12, 2015, 01:14:12 AM »

Did you encounter it when trying to open a trade screen? (Reach an outpost, click trade, freeze occurs)
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 197