Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325549 times)

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.6.1
« Reply #1125 on: February 20, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »

Well this is awesome, I finally figured out how to run it and it's very cool, so thanks to all parties. I would definitely recommend someone compiling a "plug and play" download, where all the required things are already in, all or at least the best integrated factions are already in, so all's one has to do is unzip the file into mod and press "play starsector." You can put a disclaimer "if your computer is garbage toaster, don't download this." I just say this because having to download seven different things to play a single mod is very autistic and kind of an unintentional barrier to entry to people that are not usually digging through their c drives to modify things. Just my two cents  

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:40 AM »

Putting together a "plug and play" download means you have to keep track of updates of multiple mods, do work to maintain it when the updates happen, you have to obtain permission from every mod author (because you're redisitributing their work), you have to host it which can start costing significant amounts if your download gets popular. Is downloading and unpacking a few .zip files really difficult enough to justify all that?

And... autistic? Seriously?

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »

Just my two cents  

Thank god two cents isn't a lot of money, so even if you see it lying on the ground you don't really have to go out of your way to pick it up.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 20, 2015, 10:07:25 AM »

A general mod manager/download tool would be nice, but you know what they say about wishes and horses.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 20, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »

Stuff about being too lazy to click on 5 links
And maybe mod authors want to keep control on how their mod is distributed, knowing how many people are playing it, having the liberty to take it down if they feel so... And even more importantly, not forcing Dark.Revenant to play the bug report call-center for other people's mods (and have to upload a new version every-time any mod have a new version available).

senor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 20, 2015, 12:46:47 PM »

Well this is awesome, I finally figured out how to run it and it's very cool, so thanks to all parties. I would definitely recommend someone compiling a "plug and play" download, where all the required things are already in, all or at least the best integrated factions are already in, so all's one has to do is unzip the file into mod and press "play starsector." You can put a disclaimer "if your computer is garbage toaster, don't download this." I just say this because having to download seven different things to play a single mod is very autistic and kind of an unintentional barrier to entry to people that are not usually digging through their c drives to modify things. Just my two cents  

Guffah!  get a grip, man.  7 files?  wow, ever add mods to skyrim or fallout 3/NV?  this is way easier to install, both in number of files to download (7!!!) and simplicity.  all you have to do is dump it all into a folder.  the only way i wish this was easier would be if windows would let me select multiple zip files and let me extract all of them to the same location in one go.  Unless im doing it wrong, i can highlight them all and then it just extracts the first one i highlighted.  slightly annoying, but only because literally everything else about this modding process is super easy.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 20, 2015, 12:55:57 PM »

My method for installing mods: Open one tab with the mods forum in it. CTRL+Click on the threads for each mod I want to download. Seek to each that I know has special requirements like Scy's TwigLib. Download LazyLib and shader lib from the links from any of the threads, again ctrl clicking. Now, I have tabs open for each mod I want to download. One by one, I download each and x out the windows they generate, and narrow it down.

That is my process for updating mods on SS.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 20, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

My method for installing mods: Open one tab with the mods forum in it. CTRL+Click on the threads for each mod I want to download. Seek to each that I know has special requirements like Scy's TwigLib. Download LazyLib and shader lib from the links from any of the threads, again ctrl clicking. Now, I have tabs open for each mod I want to download. One by one, I download each and x out the windows they generate, and narrow it down.

That is my process for updating mods on SS.
And if you are using Version Checker, you only have to do this ONCE per Starsector Update. :o

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 20, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »

I did not bother with version checker because I am so used to the landscape of Minecraft mods, where people never follow conventions. I just assumed mod-makers don't actually register with the version checker.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 20, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »

I did not bother with version checker because I am so used to the landscape of Minecraft mods, where people never follow conventions. I just assumed mod-makers don't actually register with the version checker.
Well mayorate doesn't seem to work with it, but otherwise its relatively useful as a modlist.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 20, 2015, 02:01:46 PM »

I'll probably try it, thankyou!

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 20, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »

Getting nullpointer exception after 1-2 mins of gameplay constantly:. Ofc using 64 bit JDK
By BAT file which I use to run the game:
Code
java -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms3g -Xmx3g -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../mods -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
THe exception:
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent.startEvent(SSP_PersonBountyEvent.java:430)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.startPersonBountiesIfNeeded(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:105)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.advance(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.?ôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:41:34 PM by KopiG »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1137 on: February 20, 2015, 03:13:20 PM »

Getting nullpointer exception after 1-2 mins of gameplay constantly:. Ofc using 64 bit JDK
By BAT file which I use to run the game:
Code
java -Djava.library.path=native\windows -Xms3g -Xmx3g -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=../saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=../screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=../mods -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.res.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util_applet.jar;jinput.jar;lwjgl_test.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
THe exception:
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent.startEvent(SSP_PersonBountyEvent.java:430)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.startPersonBountiesIfNeeded(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:105)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager.advance(CoreEventProbabilityManager.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.?ôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)

You have to start the game with SS+ or weird stuff happens.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:23 AM »

Spoiler
482746 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.II_SiegeEvent$MarketDamage.advance(II_SiegeEvent.java:523)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.??o000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
[close]
Could this be related to me using unsanctioned mods (Shadowyards, Mayorate, Citadel, Junk Pirates, Neutrino & Diable) or it's just some generic random bug? I mean, is there any chance that a new game might avoid it, or my current set up of mods is doomed? :)

KopiG

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 21, 2015, 01:33:02 AM »

You have to start the game with SS+ or weird stuff happens.
What does this mean? I have the mod enabled.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:35:13 AM by KopiG »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 197