Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325454 times)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #930 on: February 04, 2015, 02:42:23 PM »

Turns out a recent change to the Vent AI actually broke it, causing it to ignore the threat rating of nearby ships/weapons, except for projectiles already in motion.

Obviously, this has caused problems.  It's been resolved for 2.6.
Hey, good stuff. Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate it. Eagerly awaiting the update.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 04, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »

Turns out a recent change to the Vent AI actually broke it, causing it to ignore the threat rating of nearby ships/weapons, except for projectiles already in motion.

Obviously, this has caused problems.  It's been resolved for 2.6.
Hey, good stuff. Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate it. Eagerly awaiting the update.
Also eagerly awaiting... stopped playing for now; now that I know what's going on this is just too obvious - and avoiding exploiting it requires seriously suboptimal play; you have to basically never stop firing, because if you do the enemy will vent.  (And once they vent, you're in a bind - you can shoot them while they're vulnerable, taking advantage of the AI flaw, or you can let them vent, at which point you're making no progress towards winning the battle.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #932 on: February 04, 2015, 03:13:25 PM »

You can disable the vent AI with a one-line change: delete the Vent AI's line from the "plugins" list in settings.json.  Forgot to mention this.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 04, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »

You can disable the vent AI with a one-line change: delete the Vent AI's line from the "plugins" list in settings.json.  Forgot to mention this.

or..can I replace vent AI with 2.4 ver?
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #934 on: February 04, 2015, 11:39:20 PM »

or..can I replace vent AI with 2.4 ver?

May very well be borked, too.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 05, 2015, 12:59:03 AM »

Hey Dark.Revenant, any chance Gungnir Cannon is scripted in such way as to force camera focus to lock onto a ship it's targeted at? This behaviour (camera forcedly locked on an enemy ship) happened to me again, and I haven't tried to pinpoint it to a single culprit yet, but this behaviour started approximately after I bought my first Vindicator, so it might be it.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 05, 2015, 01:52:21 AM »

Do note the game does this if you press Z.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Denebio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 05, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »

Hey guys, is there a plan to add more starting options ? Like from modded factions (BRD, MAY, SRA) or sindrian diktat ?
What you do when you can't defeat a boss ? Go to base, get bigger guns and return with guns blazing. Repeat if problem still occurs

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #938 on: February 05, 2015, 07:53:06 AM »

Hey Dark.Revenant, any chance Gungnir Cannon is scripted in such way as to force camera focus to lock onto a ship it's targeted at? This behaviour (camera forcedly locked on an enemy ship) happened to me again, and I haven't tried to pinpoint it to a single culprit yet, but this behaviour started approximately after I bought my first Vindicator, so it might be it.

Due to the weapon's unusually long range (you can't pan that far away) it focuses on the target.

Hey guys, is there a plan to add more starting options ? Like from modded factions (BRD, MAY, SRA) or sindrian diktat ?

Adding more factions to the start is a huge pain, especially because I'd have to program a nested menu structure into rules.csv just to show all the options.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 05, 2015, 01:22:59 PM »

Due to the weapon's unusually long range (you can't pan that far away) it focuses on the target.
Thank you for the reply. I see how it might be beneficial to those who play manually, but it's equally harmful to those who play on autopilot. If you're sure to prefer the former over the latter, could you please hint on how to disable it manually on my end?

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 05, 2015, 01:41:54 PM »

Spoiler
833101 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.D cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.interfacesuper
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.D cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.interfacesuper
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.attack.AttackAIModule.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

After Playing veeryy veeeryyy much .62a, i have take another look in .65a, this time, everthing new ( mods was 30 min ago dl and installt,) started SS, take the randommission with the boss's, and after 10 min or so i got this crashed, have searched a similiar or the same error as i have, but nothing found. Or can you see mod-non-campatible here, what i cant see?

Mods
Spoiler

BRDY
Citadel
Crystanite
Diable Avionics
Flu-X ( disabled, becaul tc)
Interstellar IMperium
junkpirates
Lazylib
mayorate
neutrino corp
omnifactory
ori
Patria
Scy
Shaderlib
Shadow ships
Simulator overhaul
SS+
Templars
Twiglib

[close]

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #941 on: February 05, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »

Thank you for the reply. I see how it might be beneficial to those who play manually, but it's equally harmful to those who play on autopilot. If you're sure to prefer the former over the latter, could you please hint on how to disable it manually on my end?

Edit the weapon in weapons.csv.

After Playing veeryy veeeryyy much .62a, i have take another look in .65a, this time, everthing new ( mods was 30 min ago dl and installt,) started SS, take the randommission with the boss's, and after 10 min or so i got this crashed, have searched a similiar or the same error as i have, but nothing found. Or can you see mod-non-campatible here, what i cant see?

I'd be careful of Crystanite, Flu-X, ORI, and Patria.  I have not checked those mods myself.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 05, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »

Spoiler
833101 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.D cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.interfacesuper
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.D cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.interfacesuper
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
[close]

Mods
Spoiler

BRDY
Citadel
Crystanite
Diable Avionics
Interstellar IMperium
junkpirates
Lazylib
mayorate
neutrino corp
omnifactory
ori
Patria
Scy
Shaderlib
Shadow ships
Simulator overhaul
SS+
Templars
Twiglib

[close]
I don't know if ORI is updated for 65 or not
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Mods
Spoiler

BRDY
Citadel
Crystanite
Diable Avionics
Interstellar IMperium
junkpirates
Lazylib
mayorate
neutrino corp
omnifactory
ori
Patria
Scy
Shaderlib
Shadow ships
Simulator overhaul
SS+
Templars
Twiglib

[close]
I don't know if ORI is updated for 65 or not

It is.
Because, it said:
[0.65.1a] ORI faction v0.2.1 Exerelin compatible « 1 2 »

Locusthorde300

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 05, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

How does one integrate a mod with SS+? Specifically a ship or weapon mod, is that something you do after picking through other mods?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 197