Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325417 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #900 on: January 31, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »

-snip-
The only reason WHY you can get away from this is because of the AI's fixation for shooting at drones and not the parent ship.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »

True, part of the reason. But I am 84.23% sure that I can re-do that fight without my drone out, and I would still win. Sure, will have a much harder time, but I'll win :)

Also, part of what makes the Tempest such a successful ship is that drone, with the current way the AI works. But it's a very good ship without the drone aswell. I would not trade it for an Afflictor or Hyperion.

So, I threw in another frigate and a destroyer, up to 4 destroyers and 5 frigates, and NO drone :). I totally missed with that last Reaper or it would've been over sooner.

Here it is:

PS: @Dark, if these posts are out of context here, let me know :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:25:42 PM by Tommy »

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 01, 2015, 01:31:03 AM »

D.R I hate to sound pushy, I am just very curious- do you have any feedback or response to my own feedback? And thanks a lot Tommy, I am surprised, and it helps to see, but it seems like your Tempest has a crazy hard flux capacity that I just don't seem to have.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #903 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:55 AM »

No, I do not.  I don't have the perspective to be able to make a judgement based on your experience, given that the current dev iteration of SS+ has numerous sweeping changes to balance.  The difficulty seems fine to me when I play right now, at least.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 01, 2015, 01:48:00 AM »

Oh okay, that's fine. I can't wait to see!

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 01, 2015, 05:53:20 AM »

*showed videos of pwning*

Also, what weapons did you have on your Tempest? I don't recognize them and they are not what you'd start with. It doesn't really help to show me how to fly the tempest so well in the beginning of a game ^^;

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 01, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »

Vanilla weapons. You get them right in the system you are starting (if you pick Try-Tachion all the way, to get Tempest as a starting ship) from second 1 in any Try-Tachyon station, 90% of the time.

2 x Phase beam (12 fitting points each)+ 1 x Reaper (2 fitting points)

If I were to show you real pwnage, I would've done it with a Longinus laser. Unstoppable  ;)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:15:36 AM by Tommy »

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 01, 2015, 06:16:49 AM »

The only medium beam weapons I found in that area were pulse lasers of the type I already had, and graviton beams =c

Also, I am noticing that for me, for some reason, music never plays during battle, and I do not know why.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:26:37 AM by TartarusMkII »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 01, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »

Here it is:

Holy crap, my old tempest build. You have good taste sir :P

I really really really wish this mod was modular in some way, or had a better settings file. I like it, but probably won't be using it because of some of the things I don't like.
Like what?
Without any more testing and right off the top of my head, the AI seems really really iffy currently. It feels like a lot of the fights are way too easy, simply because instead of managing its flux, the AI dumps everything it has on you then vents while you're still shooting it. Like I'm talking about cruisers going down to wolves with beam weapons because the cruiser vents right in front of the wolf, with full missile racks. Its kinda ruining the experience for me.

I like what this mod adds, as well as most of the balance changes, especially the character specs, but everything feels too fast and too easy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the mod is bad, its objectively very good. I just don't like a lot of the changes, but others I like very much. If I could pick and choose with a settings file, that would make me very happy.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:59:15 AM by HeartofDiscord »

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 01, 2015, 10:45:08 AM »

@Heart, that was my ideea aswell, that I started on the previous page. By saying it's still quite easy (vs. vanilla which is even easier) is that winning fights is just too easy. We need a better AI I guess :)

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 01, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »

Hey Dark, thanks for the last tip. I modified the .java , recompiled it and it worked like a charm.

Since, I don`t know, two days ago, if I try and use the simulator the game crashes with this message:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [exported_variant_brdy_mantis_eee182aa-820a-4e05-baff-73ebeb015875] not found!

Is it fixable on my end, or is the simulator a no go for me anymore?

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 01, 2015, 01:34:04 PM »

So I've been wanting to write this bug for a while, but I keep forgetting. Even though I have Applied Physics to 7, I cannot warp to warmholes. Eg. Achaman exit (Try-Tachion).

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 01, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »

So I've been wanting to write this bug for a while, but I keep forgetting. Even though I have Applied Physics to 7, I cannot warp to warmholes. Eg. Achaman exit (Try-Tachion).
Have you switched to the reuploaded Neutrino and Diable? They used to overwrite some parts of SS+'s code.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 01, 2015, 01:43:06 PM »

Have you switched to the reuploaded Neutrino and Diable? They used to overwrite some parts of SS+'s code.
Just to complicate matters further, even if you are using the fixed versions now, the fix isn't save-compatible - you'll need to use the save transfer mod and make a new character.  (Warning: make sure that you're right over someplace with storage before copying in the old data - it puts everything in your fleet, which can result in doom if you're as much of a packrat as I am.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

AudaciousBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 01, 2015, 01:57:16 PM »

Hey DR (or anyone else who might know),
Any idea what could be causing starsector to blur (looks like previous frames don't get deleted and only the changes to the new frame get added) with ss+ installed? I've narrowed the problem down to this mod but I can't for the life of me figure out the actual cause.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 197