Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325091 times)

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.5
« Reply #870 on: January 29, 2015, 01:04:39 AM »

Oh goodie :D

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 29, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »

I'm tossing out the Supplies change because it significantly impacted the economy.  So you shouldn't worry about that anymore.

Glad to hear it. Artificial difficulty does not contribute to satisfying gameplay.

sefarison

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 29, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »

Getting a really weird graphics glitch, like the solitaire effect or the old windows 95/98 freeze and window drag. The game still keeps going while this happens. Missions and campaign battles both. Only other mod enabled is Console Commands (and Lazylib and Shaderlib of course).

Spoiler
[close]

Bonus :P
Spoiler
[close]

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 29, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »

I've been seeing that pop up in a few games recently, but in the past I've personally had that occur from faulty drivers and GPU overheat.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #874 on: January 29, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »

That problem occurs with some old drivers and also with certain laptops that use an alternative low-power graphics device for Starsector.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 29, 2015, 06:46:55 PM »

Getting a really weird graphics glitch, like the solitaire effect or the old windows 95/98 freeze and window drag. The game still keeps going while this happens. Missions and campaign battles both. Only other mod enabled is Console Commands (and Lazylib and Shaderlib of course).

Spoiler
[close]

Bonus :P
Spoiler
[close]

That issue is related to shaderlib. It's related to the distortions setting I believe, and you need to turn it off.

sefarison

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

That issue is related to shaderlib. It's related to the distortions setting I believe, and you need to turn it off.

Thank you, that did the trick.

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:47 PM »

Finally fixed my save loading problem wooooooooooot!!!!!! Thanks for the inputs Dark.Revenant, it was indeed a memory problem (still cant believe 4 gig was not enough though!).

Anyways, after seeing how some people think this game is too easy, I am curious to know how they make their money? I always find myself low on cash and in the need to find a super deal to trade and make money instead of just having fun and fighting...

So, how do you guys make your money in SS+ and how are you able to afford buying all those big shiny ships and maintaining big fleets?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 30, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »

Bounties probably make up 90% of my income until a food shortage hits that I'm informed about and in position to exploit, then I rarely ever find myself in need of money.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 30, 2015, 03:14:49 PM »

I always keep a cheap fleet of freighters in a storage somewhere. If I find myself in need of money, I dump all the expensive combat ships but the frigates in storage and take the freighters to do a couple of trade runs, sometimes food shortages, but most of the times selling all the metals I accumulated with the combat salvages: trade disruptions can raise their price up to 180 creds (compared to the usual 30-40) or 1200 for the rare ones. And in the case I loose completely a battle, having those ships and metals around allow me to get back on my feet super fast.

Saularian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 30, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »

Would love to play this mod, but when starting a campaign with it, I get the following crash to desktop error: "fatal: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI.getPlayerPerson()Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI" and the usual check log for info.
Anyone know how to fix this? Got lazylib, lazyshader installed and running with latest 64bit java, so those should not be the problem

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 30, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »

Have you redownloaded the archive and reinstalled it? A file may have been corrupted.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 30, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »

Would love to play this mod, but when starting a campaign with it, I get the following crash to desktop error: "fatal: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI.getPlayerPerson()Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI" and the usual check log for info.
Anyone know how to fix this? Got lazylib, lazyshader installed and running with latest 64bit java, so those should not be the problem
Yeah, try redownloading the mod and if that doesn't do it then if you could get us the last lines of the log. It is named starsector.log BTW.
If you have trouble opening the log because of the size, Go out and download the program baretail as it is a free program that can open these large logs with ease
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:38:35 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Saularian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 30, 2015, 04:00:40 PM »

Yup, tried that, and again, crash happens when it's stabilizing the economy at dec 6... Trying to figure out what could be the problem, but I'm kinda out of suggestions  ???

Found out it was still using 32 bit java, solved that, but the problem still persists...

Last lines of the log:

107963 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactory  - Creating trade fleet of tier 8 for market [Sindria] (volume: 38570)
107994 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 109 point trade fleet from [Sindria] to [Volturn]
108259 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI.getPlayerPerson()Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.SectorAPI.getPlayerPerson()Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/characters/PersonAPI;
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_PersonBountyEvent.startEvent(SSP_PersonBountyEvent.java:395)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_EventProbabilityManager.startPersonBountiesIfN eeded(SSP_EventProbabilityManager.java:451)
   at data.scripts.campaign.events.SSP_EventProbabilityManager.advance(SSP_EventProbabilityManager.java:113)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.O0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.H.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.Oôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #884 on: January 30, 2015, 04:39:43 PM »

Update Starsector.  Your version is old.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 197