Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325125 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.4
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »

You're right, it's not working.  I tested this scenario for 2.3 and it worked fine, and I have no idea WTF happened to make it break since then.

I managed to find some other (hackish) solution to the issue for now, though.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 25, 2015, 10:56:33 AM »

I'm in Tartessus Black Market, picking up a stack of 100 fuel for 45 credits each and the total cost is coming up at 453. I'm not that good at math, but I think something's not right. The fuel from the open market is priced correctly. The wrongly-priced fuel from the BM sells on the open market for the incorrect price.

I don't know if it's an SS+ issue, but I have never seen that happen in vanilla, so I'll post here first.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:58:11 AM by orost »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:41 AM »

I'm in Tartessus Black Market, picking up a stack of 100 fuel for 45 credits each and the total cost is coming up at 453. I'm not that good at math, but I think something's not right. The open market is working correctly.

I don't know if it's an SS+ issue, but I have never seen that happen in vanilla, so I'll post here first.
It IS an issue with vanilla actually
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 25, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 25, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »

Would the Industry skills be available in this mod before the Vanilla one comes in?

I think the extra Cargo, Fuel and other Campaign-related traits will come in handy for those who are willing to last longer in the open (battle-less) travels while trading goods and transporting ships.

Speaking of transporting ships, do you think this mod can accommodate Ship-trading among stations and planets in order to get decent profit (with the skills applied), while ships sold to that station can produce those ships? (i.e: Sell enough Neutrino-mod Ships into the Corvus system will apply some of the Persean fleets to use Neutrino ships)

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #830 on: January 25, 2015, 07:39:43 PM »

There are no plans to expand on Industry right now.

Ship-trading is not supported by the game right now.

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »

Hello guys,

New to the forums but ive been playing SS for a while now and I must say that Starsector+ brings the game to a whole new level :) Thank you very much for your hard work on this mod!

I have one question: How much memory does Starsector+ and all the factions added in take to run?! I updated my java to the 64 bits version, changed the memory parameters so that it can use 4 gig instead of the basic values. I was able to play the game until level 18, got back home today to continue my game, tried to load my save and it says it does not have enough memory to load my save... I read the log in the core older and it is effectively a ran out of memory problem. Now how is that even possible? I mean I was able to play the damn game till level 18, loaded my save multiple times without any problem! Why now? Is it possible that my save is corrupted? Is there a way to fix that problem?

Thank you very much for your help on this matter!

PS: English is not my first language so I am sorry for any confusion while reading my message.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 26, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »

Are you 100% sure you're booting the game from starsector.bat every time you play? Just checking because I forget sometimes...

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 26, 2015, 01:14:18 PM »

Yes unfortunately :( Its the shortcut I use on my desktop.

Are you all able to play seemlessly? It never crashes because of an out of memory problem? How long does it take you guys to load a save game? It takes me a good 1.5/2 min everytime with the music stoping like the game is about to freeze at least a dozen times... Never thought this game could be so demanding...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:16:15 PM by Julzjuice »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 26, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »

Yes unfortunately :( Its the shortcut I use on my desktop.

Are you all able to play seemlessly? It never crashes because of an out of memory problem? How long does it take you guys to load a save game? It takes me a good 1.5/2 min everytime with the music stoping like the game is about to freeze at least a dozen times... Never thought this game could be so demanding...
Wait, did you change the shortcut so that it opens the .bat file and not the .exe file? Does a command line like window pop up when you open it?
If you didn't then that is why: That shortcut is opening the .exe file which uses another file (the vmparams file) for the memory and java settings
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Venatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »

installing a 64bit java isnt enough for starsector to actually use it, you have to either tell it to use the 64bit java from your operating system( http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726 ) or simply copy your 64bit java folder into the starsector folder.
dont forget step5! without step5 64bit are useless. with SS+ you want at least 2GB, but even with all the updated factions it never exeeded 3GB on my pc.
so if you did everything right and have the second number in vmparameters at 4GB there shouldnt be a memoryproblem... maybe with a 32bit OS...

i never noticed long loadtimes or "freezing"... well maybe i did before i got that java stuff sorted, that was quite some time ago, my memory isnt what it used to be. ;)

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 26, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »

installing a 64bit java isnt enough for starsector to actually use it, you have to either tell it to use the 64bit java from your operating system( http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726 ) or simply copy your 64bit java folder into the starsector folder.
dont forget step5! without step5 64bit are useless. with SS+ you want at least 2GB, but even with all the updated factions it never exeeded 3GB on my pc.
so if you did everything right and have the second number in vmparameters at 4GB there shouldnt be a memoryproblem... maybe with a 32bit OS...

i never noticed long loadtimes or "freezing"... well maybe i did before i got that java stuff sorted, that was quite some time ago, my memory isnt what it used to be. ;)

Yea I know that. I already did all that stuff, my game is using Java64 bit.

And yes, the command windows pops up, the shortcut is really pointing to starsector.bat :(

Venatos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »

there isnt realy a way for 64bit to work and you still run out of memory. i would say it isnt working correctly, please try the "altenative B + step 5" variant. i remember that i wasted much time with the first method until i tried this one and it worked. plus with this variant you use the .exe file like normal. ;)
you do have a 64bit OS right?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2015, 02:11:44 PM »

Hum, personally with most mods I need 5GB for Starsector when I reach high levels.

Julzjuice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »

Hum, personally with most mods I need 5GB for Starsector when I reach high levels.

Yea... I think this is the problem... It`s using more than 4gb of ram to run right now :S
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 197