Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325477 times)

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.3
« Reply #675 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:02 AM »

Improved the "advanced weapons" option.

I SEE THAT 4 HORNET ENFORCER

YOURE AN EVIL PERSON
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 17, 2014, 12:46:03 AM »

I think he meant that he improved what you get when choosing the "advanced weapons" final option on creating a new character.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 17, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »

Thanks for the feedback, I won't use PP for the moment.

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 17, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »

Improved the "advanced weapons" option.

I SEE THAT 4 HORNET ENFORCER

YOURE AN EVIL PERSON

What can you do with that single ship at the beginning of the game? The only fleets you can take on are too fast for you.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:46 AM »

What can you do with that single ship at the beginning of the game? The only fleets you can take on are too fast for you.
Hunt lone freighters or try to intercept stray frigates. It helps to stick around large Hegemony fleet cruising pirate station and pick on what pirate leftowers will escape it.

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 17, 2014, 12:01:01 PM »

SS+, LazyLib, and ShaderLib are the only requirements. The others just expand the universe.

Ok thank you.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 17, 2014, 12:27:16 PM »

This is probably a bad question.

But I'm unsure how to deal with it.

Is it realistic to be penalized for smuggling one item (a medium weapon) to incur a 97 point reduction, including 30 points in Friendly faction rating?

And if not, how difficult would it be to edit faction standing. Because that's ridiculous. I expected maybe a cash penalty, or a minor faction standing, not a flag of -140 standing with a given faction for a smuggling investigation loss.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #682 on: December 17, 2014, 02:10:27 PM »

This is probably a bad question.

But I'm unsure how to deal with it.

Is it realistic to be penalized for smuggling one item (a medium weapon) to incur a 97 point reduction, including 30 points in Friendly faction rating?

And if not, how difficult would it be to edit faction standing. Because that's ridiculous. I expected maybe a cash penalty, or a minor faction standing, not a flag of -140 standing with a given faction for a smuggling investigation loss.

That's a vanilla feature, actually.  In any case, when you smuggle anywhere, you have a chance of being investigated.  The more you smuggle, the higher the chance is.

You got profoundly unlucky if a single medium weapon is all you did.  I'd post about this in Suggestions if I were you; there should be some kind of minimum threshold.

BrickedKeyboard

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 17, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »

How do I allocate more memory?  I get the message in-game, it tells me to press "grave" to go to a forum post, but that key does not exist on my keyboard.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 17, 2014, 11:49:17 PM »

` is a grave. On a US keyboard it's the tilde key, to the left of the 1 key and above Tab.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:45 AM »

I think he meant that he improved what you get when choosing the "advanced weapons" final option on creating a new character.

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. I cant begin to explain how much bad luck I've had with hornet swarms lately.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 19, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »

Ah; I've actually stopped using SS+ - there are a few balance decisions it's made that I'm not really interested in playing with.  Been running with just shadowyards + templar.

Which parts are you referring to?  If something I did is unpopular I'll add a setting for it so you can disable/adjust it.
Some context: I started my current character quite some time ago, so some of my thoughts may be a bit obsolete.  In particular, the changes I didn't like were increases to fuel consumption (I think the vanilla numbers are fine) and missiles (though part of my reasoning there was just that I hadn't played much with .65.1 yet and wanted to see what they were like in vanilla - but I haven't been finding vanilla missiles to be much of a problem, so I'm not quite sure why you felt it necessary to nerf, for example, torpedos.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #687 on: December 19, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »

I actually buffed Atropos torpedoes; only Reapers were nerfed.  The reason is because they are very hard to avoid in vanilla, due to monstrous thruster stats.  While ship-mounted Reapers aren't so bad in that regard, daggers were just disgusting.

The fuel consumption thing is easily changed in settings.json.  The reason I did it is to make the sector feel bigger, since traveling to different parts becomes more costly.

Luna

• Commander
  • Want some water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 20, 2014, 11:13:47 AM »

Spoiler
Code
70232 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.void.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I keep getting this error whenever I try to run SS+. I don't know why it's not working, I have 2048 MB allocated to SS at all times.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to have ShaderLib active too. Sorry. :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:20:09 AM by LunaIsBestPony »
Consider fully automatic Russian roulette

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »

If your still talking about nerfs, can you explain why you made the heavy mauler have such terrible aim?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 197