Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325542 times)

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.3
« Reply #660 on: December 11, 2014, 01:46:53 AM »

Been playing a lot recently, So what about that hornet missile spam burst. Right at the start, It seems like the AI like to just shoot 20 missiles at once and demolish a frigate, then be kind of useless and die.

There a way to fix the AI or make a longer cooldown? Or stop the hornets from spinning?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #661 on: December 11, 2014, 02:52:24 AM »

They use the same AI type as harpoons. For whatever reason, the AI feels the need to use them like this.

Honestly, alpha-striking with hornets IS probably the most effective use for them; they're the best anti-frigate option for many fleets.  If you want them to take longer between volleys, use the medium version.  In the next update, I'll probably just make them regenerate ammo slowly, since they're generally fire-and-forget missiles similar to salamanders.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:53:55 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 11, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »

I'm not sure if this is vanilla or not, but faction fleets don't really feel like they belong to that faction. Tachyon fleets usually only have one or two high-tech ships while everything else is low-tech. Same thing with Diktat and everyone else, including modded fleets. Kind of takes the joy out of fighting a faction since you will most likely be fighting the same fleet composition all the time.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 11, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »

I'm not sure if this is vanilla or not, but faction fleets don't really feel like they belong to that faction. Tachyon fleets usually only have one or two high-tech ships while everything else is low-tech. Same thing with Diktat and everyone else, including modded fleets. Kind of takes the joy out of fighting a faction since you will most likely be fighting the same fleet composition all the time.

As an example, what sort of ships do Tachyon fleets have?

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 11, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »

As an example, what sort of ships do Tachyon fleets have?

Their Fast Picket fleets are usually composed out of several Lashers, a single Wolf and a duo of Talon or Wasps. Usually 1/3 of the fleet is made out of low-tech ships. The larger fleets like Patrols are more varied, but even there it's kind of the same, sporting Enforcers and Condors and the like. The only exception to this I've seen are the biggest fleets, Security Detachments or whatever they're called. They're usually filled with high-tech ships and two or three low-tech.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »

Factions have their preference for ships, but their actual ability to procure higher tech is based around the home port's stability; this is a Vanilla feature. When wracked with food shortages and the like you'll see a lot of low-tech vessels leaving the port.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »

Low-stability markets will produce crappy ships, no matter which faction you're talking about.  I can make the numbers a bit more polarized but in the end they're still going to differ greatly based on how well the market is going.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »

Factions have their preference for ships, but their actual ability to procure higher tech is based around the home port's stability; this is a Vanilla feature. When wracked with food shortages and the like you'll see a lot of low-tech vessels leaving the port.
Low-stability markets will produce crappy ships, no matter which faction you're talking about.  I can make the numbers a bit more polarized but in the end they're still going to differ greatly based on how well the market is going.

Huh, I didn't know that actually. I don't think it says that anywhere in the game either, or maybe I'm just blind. Does market stability affect what ships they're selling as well, or is it just fleet composition? How much can actually be tweaked by a modder?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #668 on: December 12, 2014, 12:36:16 AM »

Low-stability markets will produce crappy ships, no matter which faction you're talking about.  I can make the numbers a bit more polarized but in the end they're still going to differ greatly based on how well the market is going.

Huh, I didn't know that actually. I don't think it says that anywhere in the game either, or maybe I'm just blind. Does market stability affect what ships they're selling as well, or is it just fleet composition? How much can actually be tweaked by a modder?

SS+ has total control over this sort of stuff, but I am going for parity with vanilla on this one.  And yes, it affects what they're selling.

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2014, 03:34:49 AM »

Hi,

Do you know if SS+ is compatible with The Patrian Principate Alpha v2.1 ? Author of the mod doesnt know but he's ready to do what is necessary to make it compatible if it's not too much work.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »

Malone, PP ships are so long that they have too much space on their broadsides. Since the AI sees every ship as a circle, most PP ship broadsides will be considered a valid distance for the AI to fire at, even though the shots fade out into nothingness.

So, unless Nickoli can fix that problem, its likely PP won't be accepted. I guess it would involve heavy use of the TwigLib mod, but that is all I am able to say for sure.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #671 on: December 15, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »

Unless PP does something weird, it should work with SS+.  It's not integrated, but it should function as it normally does.

However, PP does duplicate the economy, so I suggest not using it until that's fixed.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #672 on: December 16, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »

Improved the "advanced weapons" option.

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:25 PM »

Hello, I've got a stupid question ...

To install this, do i have to download just the Download Starsector+ 2.3 (and dependencies, lazy lib etc.) or do i have to download the mods with the links just bellow such as Interstellar Imperium and others ...?

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 16, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »

SS+, LazyLib, and ShaderLib are the only requirements. The others just expand the universe.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 197