Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1329184 times)

miljan

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.2
« Reply #645 on: December 06, 2014, 06:25:45 AM »

I found tridents in my dev version.  Astral, eh, not so much.  Nobody other than the TT stocks them and they don't have a large enough market for it.  Currently you can hardly find any high-tech capitals anywhere.

I might add another system to the Imperium, including a new heg and tri-tachyon base.  The TT base will have a size-5 military market.

I really like you vanilla mod because it feels like a patch to the main game. Adding new system i think would be to much of a change. Maybe some smaller change like adding and changing the status of existing station/planets, than adding new ones. But anyway its not a big problem. Really had fun playing the mod. Now its time to go to hibernation till the next bigger patch

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 06, 2014, 08:23:10 AM »

I really like you vanilla mod because it feels like a patch to the main game. Adding new system i think would be to much of a change. Maybe some smaller change like adding and changing the status of existing station/planets, than adding new ones. But anyway its not a big problem. Really had fun playing the mod. Now its time to go to hibernation till the next bigger patch

In that quote he's talking about adding systems to the Interstellar Imperium, which is an add-on. If you play straight SS+ you'd be unaffected.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 06, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

You ought to figure out which mod is killing supply costs across the sector; they're literally three times more expensive/scarce than they should be for you.

I've been asking around in some of the other mod threads. But I also have a poor understanding of how the Eco actually works in this game as I expect it to be more simple than it actually is! Preliminarily, what do you think would be causing the oddly high price of Supplies? Factional mods that add more worlds that do not produce supplies?

Thanks again.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #648 on: December 06, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »

That or a mod that mistakenly triples the price of supplies in commodities.csv.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 06, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »

That or a mod that mistakenly triples the price of supplies in commodities.csv.

Do faction mods usually change commodities.csv? If so, which would take precedence? Seems odd!

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 06, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »

TartaruMkII, supplies cost you 300-400 even at non-shortage prices? That's pretty weird.

Especially compared to my game, which has supplies costing around 15-50 outside of shortages. Then again, it's been about 2-3 years ingame, so prices may have changed, so I'll check to see what my prices are at Jangala at the start with my current mod factions:

Starsector+ 2.2
Citadel 0.7.4b
Interstellar Imperium 1.5.1
Junk Pirates/ASP/PACK 2.00
SCY 0.86
Shadowyards 0.5.2.2
Knights Templar 0.9.3e
The Mayorate 0.8.1

(The auxiliary mods aren't mentioned here)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 06, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »

Okay, thanks Nanao-kun, I'll watch for edits. I apologize for the trouble D.R, is there any kind of feedback in particular that you're looking for? I wish I could assist better, lol. I've been a professional beta/alpha tester before, so I feel really silly to have not really offered much other than whining ;p

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 06, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »

Okay, started a new game with my setup and checked Jangala at Corvus, Sindria in Askonia, and Interstellar Bazaar at Thracia.

94, 150, and 102, were the price of supplies respectively.

Kaioh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 06, 2014, 02:29:50 PM »

Nano-kun, you can have more than one mod together with this Vanilla enhancement? Or do you just have those mods installed but not activated?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 06, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »

Nano-kun, you can have more than one mod together with this Vanilla enhancement? Or do you just have those mods installed but not activated?
Yeah, they don't get some of the benefits of integration like random variants or the other features, but I still play with them added.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.3
« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2014, 01:50:10 AM »

Lots of small quality-of-life upgrades that improve the game.  Some performance improvements.  Saves from 2.2 won't work, as usual.

Version 2.3
  • Code review and cleanup
  • Future compatibility improved
  • The player now gets a quarterly report of what their head is worth on the bounty boards
  • Improved crew salary notice
  • Crew salary notices don't persist forever anymore
  • Contextual graphics upgrades (especially for modded ships)
  • Military markets have better ship distribution
  • Markets can now actually stock personnel-type transports (seriously, what the hell, vanilla?)
  • Omni Shield Emitter no longer penalizes shield arc
  • Adjusted Alastor, Hound, and Cerberus spawn rates
  • Adjusted market compositions
  • Ion Torpedo hard flux buffed to 3000 from 2000
  • Flare Burst Launcher ammo reduced to 10 from 12
  • Engine lights improved
  • Revenant now has a 3-minute CR timer and has a vulnerable teleport start-up
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:23:15 AM by Dark.Revenant »

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.3
« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2014, 06:33:53 AM »

Sweet checking it out when me gets home. 8)

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 10, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

Hi Rev,

Would it be possible to add a randomizer to the Tariff rates and at the same time apply a kind of Upkeep mechanic to storage bought at bases, something ressembling the crew salary.
I didn't think much of it until I started storing thousands of tons of equipment and capital ships at a station where I payed a one time 5000$ fee. I thought that was a bit weird.

I guess in the end I could imagine the excessive tariffs make up for the practically free storage.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 11, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »

Started with 30 crew. Took hull damage, lost 2 crew. Boarding option; hard dock with one Hound, boarding successful, ship too damaged to take as prize, lost 3 crew in boarding combat. Looting screen and subsequent menus/gameplay show I have 27 crew.

Admittedly it's been a long time since I read the boarding text in full; it used to say it was telling you how many crew you'd lost in boarding. If it changed to "overall losses so far" and I didn't notice, then never mind.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #659 on: December 11, 2014, 01:15:19 AM »

Vanilla bug, I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 197